+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Precious!

Last night at about 12:30 a.m., I was treated to stomping/running/rustling. I was in bed, and something ran/stomped over me so quickly that it was only a blur! And then 5 minutes later it all happened again!! And I could hear running and rustling all through the house! I got up, thinking that Dez was in some kind of trouble, but I couldn't find her! And then a brown blur came flying through the living room and the hallway and bounded down the steps to the family room, which it looped at least twice! I called; I searched; I called; I searched! I finally looked behind the television in the family room, and there was my poor, pitiful "Stalker Celie" with her head stuck through the loop of a rustling grocery bag, with huge eyes! Poor thing! This had never happened to her before (this is usually a Miss Chloe thing, minus the extreme freaking out), and she was totally freaked out! I took the bag off her and threw it away; I have no idea where she got it. Never did see Dez! Didn't see anymore of Miss Celie until the next morning, and she just really was needing to be cuddled...so I obliged. Geez....critter drama....
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-10-2009 at 02:09 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well, Roxie went fishing today. We have a fish bowl with 3 small goldfish that our granddaughter got for her birthday. I've caught Roxie a couple of times trying to drink out of the bowl. Today I noticed something lying on the living room floor and there was one of the gold fish. I know Roxie did it, I'm just surprised that she didn't eat it. She eats everything else that gets near her mouth. Now I have to figure out how to cover the top of the bowl. Does a fish bowl need to be open to the air or could it be completely covered? Maybe I'll get some mesh or netting and put over the top with a rubber band.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3409992;
    Well, Roxie went fishing today. We have a fish bowl with 3 small goldfish that our granddaughter got for her birthday. I've caught Roxie a couple of times trying to drink out of the bowl. Today I noticed something lying on the living room floor and there was one of the gold fish. I know Roxie did it, I'm just surprised that she didn't eat it. She eats everything else that gets near her mouth. Now I have to figure out how to cover the top of the bowl. Does a fish bowl need to be open to the air or could it be completely covered? Maybe I'll get some mesh or netting and put over the top with a rubber band.
    ou could consider afishbowl with a narrower top to prevent the dog from getting in there. But, a fishbowl needs to be open. The fish need air to breathe like we do.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Why did I see MRD's post as "a Chik-Fil_A tattoo??? Must be lunch time.

Cute puppy, runwayrules!!!

Phroshay, how far did you jump when the kitty cyclone went across the bed? I know it's pitiful, but it's still funny too...

I think i might go to the Animal Shelter tomorrow, I see a kitty on PF that might fit in. I don't know if it's the right thing or not, but I think a 2nd cat might be a good idea--BooBoo is getting entirely too spoiled, not to mention she seems to overreact when I come back in even from going to the mailbox; I'm afraid she will be really lonely when I go back to work.
    Or am I doing what I tell everyone else not to do, and it's just me feeling bad? Does anyone else have input? Remember, BooBoo is 13 this year, but she did have another cat at the place where I got her, and Rocky here (although HE didn't want much to do with BooBoo, but was hell bent to use her litter box and toys, so she beat him up all the time)

Lil Bit, I think the netting would be a good idea. Fish do jump out sometimes, anyway, but it's usually tropicals, not goldfish. I do think I might move the bowl to a dresser or shelf where Roxie can't reach it, still. A narrower top mght not let in enough air, either. (Remember to fill the goldfish bowl only 3/4 of the way so there is a large amount of water surface to collect air)
    Last edited by queenb; 04-10-2009 at 03:58 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3410001;
    ou could consider afishbowl with a narrower top to prevent the dog from getting in there. But, a fishbowl needs to be open. The fish need air to breathe like we do.
    Thanks. I thought so, that's why I've hesitated to cover it before now. I never really thought she'd actually get one!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3410004;
    Thanks. I thought so, that's why I've hesitated to cover it before now. I never really thought she'd actually get one!
    You're welcome.
    I've known both dogs and cats who've tried to get goldfish and, sadly, some have succeeded.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

phroshay- our Chloe was upstairs in the sons bedroom and got her tail stuck in a glue trap- first she came tearing down the stairs, followed by at screaming son... Help! Help! There's a bird loose in my room!
    That will wake you up and scare you to death too.
    qb- there is always room for one more
    what a sweetie runwayrules
    Last edited by inthegarden; 04-10-2009 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3410009;
    You're welcome.
    I've known both dogs and cats who've tried to get goldfish and, sadly, some have succeeded.
    You want to read a story of the GOLDFISH and a Calico girl cat with the BLUE LEG? I posted this February 1, 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2779319;
    Picture it: Milwaukee WI , 1966 or 67, 3 bedroom upper flat, 2 calico cats, sisters - one long hair one short hair- Names are Fluffy and Puffy (I don't know why my Mom always picked names like that, but I digress)add to the equation one goldfish bowl, not the flat bowl looking type, but the taller round type. Have 4 or 5 gold fish swimming around. Now we have 3 or 4. Anyhow one of the gold fish begins to look unusually bedraggled, still swimming ok, looks alert, but rumpled, if a fish can look rumpled, scales begin to show up missing....

My mom says to our father one day, I think there's something happening when no one is home. So Mom puts just a couple drops of blue food coloring in water. Come home next day here is a long hair calico girl, looks normal. In walks Puffy the short hair with DA DA - A BLUE LEG.....

runwayrules such a cutie! what's the name?

shay Your story had me giggling, nothing scarier than a blue, plastic bag wrapped around your neck.

gabriel Did you rename her Blue?

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3410119;
    runwayrules such a cutie! what's the name?

shay Your story had me giggling, nothing scarier than a blue, plastic bag wrapped around your neck.

gabriel Did you rename her Blue?
    HA! No but she walked around like Schultz on Hogans Heros - "You see NOTHING!" My leg is NOT blue.....

+ Reply to Thread