+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3407084;
    It seems that I have adopted an arsonist. Last night while I was away for my piano lesson, Josey went into counter-surfing mode, and decided to check out the stove. She managed to twist one of the knobs just enough to fire up a burner I came home to the hot pan smell, and I thought that I had left a burner on. Then I thought about it another second, and realized that it was unlikely since I had a bowl of Corn Flakes for dinner. The pan over the burner was extremely hot and it will have to be re-seasoned, but at least Josey is OK and the house didn't burn down. Thank goodness it was only piano night, and not an 8-hour shift at my second job!
    Oh geez, you'll have to get those childproof things for the stove knobs now. Lucky that nothing serious happened.

So she was a good girl as a foster dog, but now that she's yours permanently, look out!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Actually, I just removed the knobs and put them in a drawer.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3406084;
    Well THIS is THE LOOK.

A fleeting moment many years ago still has life.
    When I saw THE LOOK I sat up straight in my chair and asked " Would you like Cheetos for Joey with that grilled cheese sandwich No wonder every body talks about it.
    She must have been a great friend.
    The rest of you cracked me up with all of your Happy Tails!

Newf to bad Josey didn't have supper cooked for you when you got home.
    Maybe she saw the bowl of Corn Flakes and was trying to help out.

MRD our little Chloe cat, will sit in our lap, and pass a silent but deadly.
    Mr.InTGAr. will asked - How can something that is as sweet as you pass something that smells so bad ? I keep telling him its that tiny bit of milk you give her from your cereal bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3406508;
    And they dont' get upset when you eat the last cookie or fart in bed.
    Roxie gets mad as hell when I eat the last cookie. Farting doesn't faze her a bit.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Redlady,
    I am so sorry for your loss. As our cats get older, the liver and the kidneys seem to be what get them the most.
    I have 2 cats up on the Rainbow Bridge and they will, along with all our other departed furbabies, roam pain and illness free.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

I mentioned the Easter slugs earlier, so in Walmart today, I found in the Easter aisle, chocolate snails. Not chocolate covered ones, but chocolate shaped ones. In several colors. I bought some for my daughter so she could have more Easter slugs.

I also bought the doggies stuffed carrots for their Easter. Bogie will probably be the only ones that really plays with it. Rosie used to, but has lost interest in toys and Waldo just carries it around in his mouth. The poor boy, doesn't get the concept of playing with toys. Give him a stick and he's a lot happier.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Redlady, I'm so sorry about Kandinsky.

Have you seen this dog that walks on her hind legs?
    Dog Walks On Hind Legs - CBS News
    (CBS) Sometimes all you need to overcome the toughest obstacles is a little -- Faith.

Faith is a five-year-old mixed-breed dog who was given little chance of survival at birth.

But she's enriching the family that saved her and took her in: Faith has no front legs, but she walks on her hind legs

Her owner, Jude Stringfellow, told Early Show co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez how Faith became a part of her family's world, how Faith learned to walk, and how Faith now inspires humans -- including wounded soldiers.

There is a video at the CBS site. Truly amazing.

We had some sad news about Simon, our 15 year old JRT about three weeks ago. It's taken me this long to really adjust and be able to "talk" about it much.

Simon's vet became concerned about him when he was boarded there a few weeks ago. He'd lost weight and wasn't acting "normal" (normal for Simon anyway). We had some bloodwork done and the results came back showing that Simon's liver is failing. The vet suspects cancer of the liver or cancer somewhere else that is stressing the liver. However, since Simon is so old, we AND the vet have agreed not to put him through any further tests. As the vet pointed out, he is too old for cancer treatment and some of the tests are very stressful for ANY dog... much less one that is 15.

The vet assured us that he is not in any pain and we will NOT let it get to the point where he is in pain. We've made arrangements for the end and in the meantime, we are just spoiling him and loving on him and letting him be a grumpy old boy for as long as he is comfortable. He's still eating well and the vet says he can have whatever he wants (Henry is jealous) and he has days where he seems fine and days where he sleeps more than usual. We are very sad, but we know he has had a long, happy life and he's been well cared for and loved dearly.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Oh, Doxie, I am so sorry to hear that. Love on that boy as long as you can.

+ Reply to Thread