+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

You know, I have been practicing and I think I've almost perfected that look myself. I'm going to keep practicing because my mother had a "look" that would stop you in your tracks, kind of like Mona's "Look". So I need one of those myself for when I have to deal with the idiotic and just plain stupid.

Probably my favorite pet photo of all time, including the ones of MY babies. Gabriel, I never get tired of you posting it.

INtheGarden, I was sharing your Duke stories with my daughter and she loved them. She thinks its so funny that HE adopted the dog for you.

Pets bring us SO much. It's so hard when they have to go, but they enrich our lives so much. I feel sorry for those people that say: "I'm just NOT an animal person." I think something must be wrong with them because I certainly feel they are missing out on SO much, although they've never had to clean up dog yak from a freshly changed bed. I mean no offense to anyone that isn't an "animal person" (which they probably wouldn't read this thread anyway), but I just do NOT understand it. Despite dog yak and stolen waffles, my dogs have been my greatest source of joy and comfort. (don't tell my husband or my daughter) probably because they CAN'T talk. And they love us no matter what. And they dont' get upset when you eat the last cookie or fart in bed. And they don't laugh when you're naked.
    Yep, our pets are just about perfect.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yeah....there are just some people who just can't take that unconditional love thing. Creeps them out.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3406711;
    Yeah....there are just some people who just can't take that unconditional love thing. Creeps them out.
    And all this time I thought it was the thought of cleaning up yak and hairballs.

Speaking of, it's taken 10 years to train Bogie NOT to yak on the bed, he's now doing it in Mr. Rosie's closet. I thought I would fall out of bed laughing the first and second time Mr. Rosie "found" it. Of course, HE didn't think it was funny. But I did point out to him that it was NOT on the bed at least. Took 10 years to train Bogie, but only 2 days to train Mr. Rosie to put his slippers on as soon as he swings his legs out of bed in the morning.

Easter Parade!

Here are a few pics of Simon & Henry wearing the ears over the years and celebrating Easter. Enjoy!

MRD - had to laugh about the dogs not getting mad if you eat the last cookie or fart in bed. Around here, the DOGS are the ones eating the last cookies and farting in bed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Those are TOO funny, Simon looks overjoyed to be sitting in the Easter Bunny's lap. Bet he heard that they taste like chicken!

When Bogie was a year old, he got in my daughter's Easter Basket and ate about a pound of chocolate (we found the foil wrappers everywhere). We called the vet, they said to take him outside and give him hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. The dog threw up a plastic easter egg! Seeing Simon with one in his mouth, reminded me of that HORRIBLE experience. I can still see it and hear my husband saying: "NO SH**! He ate a #@$%@# plastic egg!!!!!" He's never thought Bogie was particularly bright and I think it all started on that day.

ETA: that's one of those scenes that are forever burned in your brain like a photograph. That was also the Easter of the slugs. All the eggs my daughter hunted that morning were covered in gross, slimy slugs. She walked around the yard and POINTED to the eggs she found and her dad had to pick them up, de-slug them and put them in the basket. She wouldn't even carry the basket. Yep, holidays are memorable around here.
    Last edited by MRD; 04-07-2009 at 10:41 PM.

Redlady - I'm so sorry for your loss of Kandinsky. I'll be thinking of you.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3406747;
    Those are TOO funny, Simon looks overjoyed to be sitting in the Easter Bunny's lap. Bet he heard that they taste like chicken!

When Bogie was a year old, he got in my daughter's Easter Basket and ate about a pound of chocolate (we found the foil wrappers everywhere). We called the vet, they said to take him outside and give him hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. The dog threw up a plastic easter egg! Seeing Simon with one in his mouth, reminded me of that HORRIBLE experience. I can still see it and hear my husband saying: "NO SH**! He ate a #@$%@# plastic egg!!!!!" He's never thought Bogie was particularly bright and I think it all started on that day.

ETA: that's one of those scenes that are forever burned in your brain like a photograph. That was also the Easter of the slugs. All the eggs my daughter hunted that morning were covered in gross, slimy slugs. She walked around the yard and POINTED to the eggs she found and her dad had to pick them up, de-slug them and put them in the basket. She wouldn't even carry the basket. Yep, holidays are memorable around here.

LMAO! Thanks for sharing this, you gave me a well needed giggle to start my day off with!

We have 3 dogs all lab sized and the largest, Kenzie, LOVES to get into the drawers and cupboards in the kitchen and eat anything she can possibly get her sneaky paws on. We have learned to store the bread in the microwave because she will down the entire loaf, plastic and all! I guess some dogs just like the taste of plastic
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My Stalker gurl likes to lick plastic grocery bags...which are becoming fewer and fewer these days.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Back in the days when a doggie bag was a plastic bag and not a styrofoam container, I had a big dog that had pooped in the neighbors yard and they had expressed their displeasure very vocally to my dad about it. We went out to eat several days later and I had leftover steak in a plastic doggie bag. The dog, Salem, ate it bag and all. My dad got great pleasure in telling the neighbors that they didn't have to worry anymore as now when the dog pooped (not the word he used) in their yard, it would come out bagged.

Waldo has a thing for butter wrappers which he removes from the garbage can.

Bogie is a Jack Russell Terrier, so the egg thing was funny and scary. He's not a huge dog, so the egg had to have hurt going down and would have been impossible to poop out.

It seems that I have adopted an arsonist. Last night while I was away for my piano lesson, Josey went into counter-surfing mode, and decided to check out the stove. She managed to twist one of the knobs just enough to fire up a burner I came home to the hot pan smell, and I thought that I had left a burner on. Then I thought about it another second, and realized that it was unlikely since I had a bowl of Corn Flakes for dinner. The pan over the burner was extremely hot and it will have to be re-seasoned, but at least Josey is OK and the house didn't burn down. Thank goodness it was only piano night, and not an 8-hour shift at my second job!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread