+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1420Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by charity
    There was one kind of worms that the vet tested for & said he didn't have. She said the other kind you would just have to see them to know they were there. I've been thinking about a second opinion. I almost put him into his carrier and took him to a different vet at about 3:00 today when he'd done it twice in 5 minutes, but I didn't. He's so traumatized by riding in the car and by going to the vet that I want to find out what's wrong with him before I take him there for another "He looks fine. But, bring him back for shots and . . . and. . . " from the vet.

As I've mentioned before, you really should check for traveling vets then. If your cat is so traumatized by the trip, it will be so worth it. They are more expensive than visiting your own vet. But check-ups are very important.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by charity
    my mom's cat Tom Tom wipes his dirty butt on the floor (but we just found out Tom Tom has diabetes, so I guess that could have been why he did it, who knows.)
    Hmmm...I have diabetes and I haven't done this.
    That just struck me so funny! (not that Tom Tom has diabetes, but that he wipes his dirty butt on the floor!!)

I hope you can figure out what's going on. I'll second (or third) the nasty smell the anal sac produces. P-U.

Quick question though - do you get your cat groomed? I know my pooch sometimes scratches a lot (and does the butt-drag) when her hair gets cut too short. Just trying to think of something that can help!!

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Quick question though - do you get your cat groomed? I know my pooch sometimes scratches a lot (and does the butt-drag) when her hair gets cut too short. Just trying to think of something that can help!!
    Never had him groomed. Maybe we'll think about that.

I cracked up at the butt-drag thing

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Can someone, ANYONE, please explain what would POSSIBLY taste good in a bathroom garbage? Qtips? Tissues? Why is it that my beloved Abbie insists on eating the bathroom garbage? YUCK. Blech. Barf. I just don't get it. Ever accidentally get a napkin in your mouth when you're wiping your mouth? We all know that tastes gross. Why would you actually want to eat tissues???? Most of the time, a dog's life is the ONE to have. But this defies logic.

It's a good thing she's cute

Can someone, ANYONE, please explain what would POSSIBLY taste good in a bathroom garbage? Qtips? Tissues? Why is it that my beloved Abbie insists on eating the bathroom garbage? YUCK. Blech. Barf. I just don't get it. Ever accidentally get a napkin in your mouth when you're wiping your mouth? We all know that tastes gross. Why would you actually want to eat tissues???? Most of the time, a dog's life is the ONE to have. But this defies logic.

salt or whatever from persons skin to tissue, q tips etc... or maybe your baby needs a shrink.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I HATE finding the bathroom garbage strewn down the hallway when I get home. I always keep the bathroom trash can up on the counter but my cleaning person sometimes puts it on the floor. The dog can't resist it. Ick.

FORT Fan

I can't answer any of that to you.. maybe you can answer why my cat LOVES plastic? Plastic bags are like a cat treat to him....

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I HATE finding the bathroom garbage strewn down the hallway when I get home. I always keep the bathroom trash can up on the counter but my cleaning person sometimes puts it on the floor. The dog can't resist it. Ick.

A few years back I found a cat living on the roof of my office. He was the cutest little black and white kitty. I brought him home. He was a bit on the wild side since he was an outdoor cat. One night I woke up to go to the bathroom to find the cat and the ENTIRE trash bad on my bed. He was sound a sleep... sleeping with all the trash.

Did somebody knock me out or drug me or something??? How did I not hear him bring the trash onto my bed?

Can someone, ANYONE, please explain what would POSSIBLY taste good in a bathroom garbage?
    I can't answer the question, but I'm thinking my terrier, Maggie could, but she's not telling. Like Mariner, I put the trashcan up out of her reach, on the edge of the bathtub. It's interesting because the kitchen trash holds no appeal, but the bathroom...apparently it's considered gourmet.

Sweetdreams, that's hysterical.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

sweetdreams,
    That is so something that would happen to me (sleeping through the cat dragging the garbage onto the bed). I can just envision the cat curled up and snoozing away with the garbage.

+ Reply to Thread