+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Duke sounds like a wonderful part of your family. I'm so sorry for your loss. Feel free to come here at any time and tell us all the stories you want. We love to hear them.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3405867;
    Oh please tell us more stories. We love to read them. I could tell you about the time Mona rest her soul (a tabby cat, you may have seen the LOOK) stole a half grilled cheese from me and refused to give it up until she was about 1/2 done with it.
    That reminds me of Waldo and the waffle.

Duke sounds amazing. We have a Rosie too, but she's a Jack Russell who has been helping herself to food leftovers on the table next to the sofa. I've been telling Mr. Rosie to clean up after himself, but until he actually saw her licking his plate, he didn't do it. And she manages to look so innocent even when caught red handed.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3405867;
    Oh please tell us more stories. We love to read them. I could tell you about the time Mona rest her soul (a tabby cat, you may have seen the LOOK) stole a half grilled cheese from me and refused to give it up until she was about 1/2 done with it.
    Oh Gabriel, that is so funny I can picture that! After talking about Duke I needed that- Thank you. I have read about the look. I'm not sure if I've seen it.
    Thank you MRD and Scoutmom , some how I knew you all would understand.

Hi guys...

Just wanted to tell you Kandinsky passed away today. We just couldn't get her liver functions to turn around. Both my vet and I tried everything we knew, but she arrested this afternoon and they couldn't revive her.

Feed your kitties an extra treat in her memory tonight. I will miss her more than I know how to express.
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything useful, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    F - is for Fire that burns down the whole town.
    U - is for Uranium...BOMBS!
    N - is for No survivors...
    - Plankton, Spongebob Squarepants (FUN Song)

MRD

Redlady, I'm SO sorry to hear this. You and yours are in our thoughts and prayers at this sad time.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Redlady, I am so sorry. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    My kitties will love the extra treats.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Redlady, my prayers are with you. I know your pain.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Redlady - My prayers and thoughts are with you and Kandinsky has such a crowd waiting at the Rainbow Bridge, among them my Mona, misskittys Snowflake, Unklescotts Tigger and Chauncey, and so many more. Godspeed Kandinsky. To the Rainbow Bridge:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

You can also go to the website and put Kandinsky in for the candlelighting On Monday the 13th of April.

Pet Loss Rainbow Bridge list - Petloss.com
    Last edited by just1paul; 04-07-2009 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3405963;
    Oh Gabriel, that is so funny I can picture that! After talking about Duke I needed that- Thank you. I have read about the look. I'm not sure if I've seen it.
    Thank you MRD and Scoutmom , some how I knew you all would understand.
    Well THIS is THE LOOK.

A fleeting moment many years ago still has life.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Redlady - I am so sorry to hear about Kandinsky. You did everything that you could though, and you should take a little comfort from that. You are in our thoughts tonight and our boys will be getting an extra treat in her memory.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread