+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1136Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Sorry, the photo was an afterthought after I had already posted. This is Tatonka.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

She's a little darling
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Canuckinchile -That is such a touching story. Thank You for sharing it.

CaliLily - What a little cutie pie!! I want to hug her but I will respect her and keep my distance.

By the way - Joey likes CHEETOS (not the crunchy one though), Doritos (only Nacho), and once in a great while he gets a couple crumbles of bacon.
    Last edited by just1paul; 04-05-2009 at 10:55 AM.

CaliLily what a gorgeous dog, it's so hard to believe anyone could be so cruel. I just don't understand the concept of animal fighting at all. Your step-mom is a special person to do what she does, please give her a hug and a thank you from me.

canuckinchile I just wanted to say "awwwww, how sweet".

MRD

Calilily, she's adorable. It's hard to imagine people being that cruel. However, it is difficult to understand other cultures when our culture can be so different. Not saying that makes it ok. But other cultures view things differently and do things differently and since we don't, we have a hard time understanding the things they do sometimes. And they often don't understand our culture either. Your mom is definetly an angel to do the work she does with the animals.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was talking with my nail tech, was born and raised in Viet Nam; she said that they don't have vets in her country, that when pets get sick, they just die, and that's that. Personally, I find it hard to believe that they don't have vets over there; I'm sure that some of the more affluent people use vets? At least, that's what I WANT to believe.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You're probably right prosh. But I lived in South America and it was very sad to see the dogs running in the streets, etc. The attitude for dogs and cats is not the same as in North America Tatonka is such a cutie, and I am so glad she found a good home.

When I went to Belize the animals there made me sad--skinny dogs all over the place, and poor skinny cows and horses tethered on the side of the road to graze on the little bit of grass there; many were emaciated, undersized, and obviously in need of worming and vet care. I saw very few animals that looked cared for at all--the ones that did were at places that belonged to wealthier folks by the look of it. It almost made me sick to think these poor horses were most likely being used for very hard work in their condition, but there was no other reason for them to even be there. Many are rented out for tourists to ride, besides plowing and pulling wagons, ; I could never entertain the idea of riding an animal so obviously being used to death. But the whole country is full of very poor people, and I suppose they are more worried about feeding their families.
    It's a sad world.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I got this in an email today.

BEWARE OF IMPOSTERS THIS EASTER!

Last edited by Unklescott; 04-05-2009 at 09:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread