+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Hi Guys -

Thanks for all the good thoughts

Vet said that everything looked "good". No masses, nothing that looked bad. They suspect that she has fatty liver disease brought on by irritable bowl or something else. She was eating pretty normal up until the past couple of days, so they're not sure exactly what made her system go haywire. But, she was an obese cat We'll find out for sure after the biopsies come back. When I saw her she looked good, was awake and generally pi$$ed off (which is normal for her ) Vet is going to keep her overnight. They'll start forcefeeding her tonight, and if she can keep things down, I'll bring her home tomorrow and continue with the feedings, and give her IV fluids at home. I'm always happy about it, but boy is working from home a perk in situations like this!!!

Good news is, it is treatable, and more than likely she'll make a full recovery. And, it's nice to know that even at 13 she has no masses or anything else
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything useful, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    F - is for Fire that burns down the whole town.
    U - is for Uranium...BOMBS!
    N - is for No survivors...
    - Plankton, Spongebob Squarepants (FUN Song)

Thank You so much for the update. Good news is always nice to get. Please keep us posted.

Redlady! I'm so glad she's going to be ok!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Redlady,

Great news about your cat. How wonderful.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

:oldman Crab on, old kitty!
    This makes me feel better also--BooBoo is 13 and fat too, and I've started seeing a lot more gray in her fur recently, and she can't jump into a chair as easily; it makes me a bit sad.
    I hope both our kitties have several more good years left!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Great news redlady.

Bogie is having trouble going up the stairs. He can jump on the furniture and tear around the yard, but he's having difficulty coming up the stairs. I think it's probably nothing major as he's fine otherwise. Probably strained something tearing around the yard with Waldo.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Redlady, I'm glad you're kitty is going to be OK, it must be such a relief for you.

Today's question at Freekibblekat immediately made me think of shay and her new gurl.

How many times bigger is the Maine Coon, than the Singapura? (the smallest cat breed).

The Maine Coon is 4 times bigger (on average) than the world's smallest cat breed, the Singapura

and here's the link to donate for the dogs Freekibble

Redlady, that is wonderful news! I know all of us with older pets are celebrating with you

MRD - I hope Bogie is bouncing around again soon

Trixie - I rarely miss the freekibble questions. It's such an easy and fun way to help animals!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Myrosiedog - I do hope Bogie is tearing around again soon.

Joey had an excellent Dr appointment last week and he lost 4 oz from 6 months ago, down from 16 pounds even to 15 pounds 12 oz Dr., said keep it up and lets see if he can get to 13 pounds. I checked though and the last time Joey was 13 pounds was when he was 5 years old that was 8 years ago.....

Redlady - I'm glad your kitty is on the mend, and really happy that it's completely treatable.

MRD - Here's hoping Bogie is back to normal real soon.

gabriel - I think I need to learn Joey's secret. I've been trying to lose weight for some time now. I know my problem is that I have absolutely NO willpower. I'm on the see-food diet - I see food; I eat it. (And don't tell me to eat cat food!)

+ Reply to Thread