+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Miss Princess has decided to be traumatized again. She has been hiding in the cupboard. Saturday my son's girlfriend came over and my little miss wanted nothing to do with her. She stayed in the room all night but she did come out once the girl had left. She cracks me up with her scaredy-cat-ness.... I guess that's why they call it that huh??!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I CAN be that way because I AM the QUEEN of the HOUSE.

Over the weekend I caught Henry attempting to drink out of the toilet. Not unusual for most dogs, but Henry almost NEVER even goes near the bathroom because of his dislike of baths and getting wet.

So, I heard these weird noises coming from in there and I went to investigate. Henry was standing up on his back legs with his back feet barely on the floor. He was grasping the toilet seat (like a frat boy after too many beers ) with his front legs and his entire head and neck were in the bowl! AND - he was sticking his tongue out and "slurping" at the water. He was about 1/2 inch away from actually being able to reach it. I really wish I'd gotten a picture of that.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3397953;
    Over the weekend I caught Henry attempting to drink out of the toilet. Not unusual for most dogs, but Henry almost NEVER even goes near the bathroom because of his dislike of baths and getting wet.

So, I heard these weird noises coming from in there and I went to investigate. Henry was standing up on his back legs with his back feet barely on the floor. He was grasping the toilet seat (like a frat boy after too many beers ) with his front legs and his entire head and neck were in the bowl! AND - he was sticking his tongue out and "slurping" at the water. He was about 1/2 inch away from actually being able to reach it. I really wish I'd gotten a picture of that.
    Oh no! Hopefully Henry is just on spring break and he'll soon come to his senses.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3397953;

Too funny. My Tiny used to get caught in the shower licking the ground...I think she went for the toilet from time to time as we found prints on the seat. We kept her bowl filled and our lid shut after that.

MRD

I am at that mental picture of Henry.

I've had dogs that drank out of the toilet but not in a long, long time. Waldo doesn't go near it and Rosie and Bogie are like Henry, too short (or so I thought), Bogie gets in the shower to lick the wet floor.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Dog dangling from toilet...too funny.

My dog (shih tzu) will jump into the tub in the middle of the night for water if I forget to "refresh" his water bowl before bed. He paws at the drain until the plug goes down then stands there and "grrrrrs" until I wake up and turn on the tap for him.
    Don't let the small things sweat

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sounds like cats aren't the only babies who have "staff".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Roxie is way too short to drink out of the toilet but I did catch her on the end table in the living room last week lapping out of the goldfish bowl. I bet those poor fish wondered what the heck was going on! Roxie had fresh water too, so I don't know what her excuse was. Maybe she just likes fishy tasting water.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3398253;
    Sounds like cats aren't the only babies who have "staff".
    No kidding.

+ Reply to Thread