+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I checked the nest, today. The egg is gone. No shells or anything. I have no clue where it went. I can't imagine the duck was able to move it, although I would like to think she did.
    Oh SH*T. I am so sorry to see that. I need to go give my kitties a hug.

marybethp - I know one of our rules is to not do the yeah that type post, but I agree totally with your post above mine here, the unconditonal love I would do over & over. Ive had Joey in for a few close calls with urinary tract blockages and each time we go through it, I say never again, but then I get him home look at him and Mona and say to myself it was worth every penny and I would do it again.. Besides where could one get all this entertainment for a clean litter box, fresh water and food?
    Last edited by just1paul; 04-19-2005 at 09:12 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Sweetdreams, it is so worth it. Your kitties are your babies. {{hugs}}

FORT Fan
    [QUOTE=marybethp]Sweetdreams - it's definitely worth the hurt. And your kitty will appreciate all you're doing for her. I wouldn't trade the 15 years I had with my childhood dog Queenie or the 10+ years I'm enjoying with my Springer Abbie for the world. My dogs have taught me about love and patience and sometimes I love them more than people. I've had a few minor operations over the past few years and Abbie has curled up right beside me, just knowing there was something wrong. They sure do love you back, so for me, every cent I spend and every time I'm cursing from letting the dog in and out and in and out all day long is still worth it

I know what you mean.... I love my cats more than people too.
    Animals do realize when there is something wrong. If I'm upset both cats stay with me and if we're just laying around... out of nowhere, I'll feel their paw rub me. Its so cute. *tears fill eyes* I know I'll be bringing my cat home in two days and I cannot wait. But, not having her here for two days has been so incredibly hard... emotionally. If I'm feeling this way and she's still alive... I can't imagine when she's not. I know thats so negative...

You know, I often wonder... Is it better to have loved and lost... than never to have loved at all?????? (I know people refer to that when speaking of other people.. but I'm relating it to all things I love)

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Sweetdreams, it is so worth it. Your kitties are your babies. {{hugs}}

Funny... if you or anybody else were asking that... I'd be saying the same.
    While I know I wouldn't trade the years I've had with my kitties for anything or anybody its times like this (when they're sick) and feeling the pain I'm feeling in my heart when I question that.

Its hard having two sick cats. When I found out my female was sick... I thought at least I'll have my male cat to get me through this tough time... and then to find out he's sick too. *BIG sigh* Whats going to help me through him being sick?

*HUGS* Thanks! I really needed that!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Charity - Ralphie is a cutie-pie.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Charity - I second the anal sac suggestion, but I've only known that with dogs. Can't hurt to ask!
    That's why we took him to the vet. We thought for sure that had to be it because they had expressed them once before, but they didn't get a lot, so to speak. He's STILL doing it just as frequently. At least he has a 'clean' butt, my mom's cat Tom Tom wipes his dirty butt on the floor (but we just found out Tom Tom has diabetes, so I guess that could have been why he did it, who knows.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Charity - Ralphie is a cutie-pie.
    Thanks! I think so, too. He sure likes to pose for the camera. That one picture is the bouncy ball that he plays fetch with and throws up in the air. He's a good boy- when he's not standing behind the computer chair meowing and then rubbing his butt on the floor. . .

There is definetly something wrong with the fella, what about anything that could cause it to itch? new food allergies etc etc, new soap on a favorite blanket, different litter? maybe a second opinion?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    It's only logical, right?

I don't know about cats, but I know when dogs scoot on their butts, it's time for their anal sacs to be emptied. I don't think I've ever seen my husky do that, but now that I have a cocker spaniel, I see him do it every 3 or 4 months. The vet says it's not a problem. That there are some dogs (most probably the little ones) that need their anals sacs emptied more often than others.

Usually an easy way to know when its time for their anal sacs to be empted is when a really bad odor is present... it can't be mistaken.
    *holds nose*

That is one stink you will never forget!! Also, you might check for worms. They sometimes scoot like that when worms are involved. Nevermind. I just scrolled up and saw your quote. I have no idea what it could be.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl
    That is one stink you will never forget!! Also, you might check for worms. They sometimes scoot like that when worms are involved. Nevermind. I just scrolled up and saw your quote. I have no idea what it could be.
    There was one kind of worms that the vet tested for & said he didn't have. She said the other kind you would just have to see them to know they were there. I've been thinking about a second opinion. I almost put him into his carrier and took him to a different vet at about 3:00 today when he'd done it twice in 5 minutes, but I didn't. He's so traumatized by riding in the car and by going to the vet that I want to find out what's wrong with him before I take him there for another "He looks fine. But, bring him back for shots and . . . and. . . " from the vet.

+ Reply to Thread