+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

  1. #1201
    Just Forting Around roseskid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Anticipating roses and broken hearts
    Posts
    7,271
    Unfortunately, I think you're right. I'm sorry, Daggie...I'm disappointed, I can only imagine how you guys must feel.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

  2. #1202
    Former Exile :o) ToothDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Hiding behind a 2nd molar.
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    Toothdoc, I am sorry to see that Missy is having problems, do you have any idea of what it might have been, maybe something on a blanket like soap or something where you had the pictures taken? Let us know when you find anything out. Call home and leave a message on the answering machine for Missy to hear.
    Thanks to all who responded. I appreciate the concern. I went to the pet store where the pictures were taken to see what if any chemicals she might have come in contact with. 5 days before the session they sprayed a few weeds with Round Up. It rained after that so I don't know if any residue was left. She also called the photographer to see what might have been on the carpet and blankets. I stressed to her that I wasn't looking to sue anyone I just needed to help the vet help Missy. They claim that they sprayed Febreeze on the everything 3 months ago and nothing else. Somehow I doubt it. After a week of Predisolone twice a day and benedryl 3 times a day she is finally getting better.

    This Saturday I'll get to go pick up the pictures. I can't wait. They should be adorable. This was their 1st formal picture. I doubt I'll do it again. At least I'll never do it with this company. I don't want to take the chance that Missy gets sick again.

    Jewelsy, thanks for the compliment.

    toothdoc

  3. #1203
    Premium Member dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    19,104
    Thanks again, Roseskid. I was hoping Sarah could watch the process. Oh well, at least they had eggs in class that hatched around Easter. She got to see them hatch.

  4. #1204
    FORT Fogey charity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Central KY
    Posts
    825
    This thread says it's for animal lovers. Alright. . . here's goes. Ralph Cat has been scooting his butt on the floor (very consistently for about 2 weeks now, not so often before that.) Do cats do that merely for attention?

    We took him to the vet and he doesn't have worms, doesn't have a nasty butt, has a clean litter box, and doesn't have any other diseases. I think he's doing it just to get our attention. I don't think it's even that he has an itchy butt.

    I'll be on the computer and he'll bring a toy to play with. If I don't get down from the computer chair or pay attention to him, he scoots his butt across the floor. I'm going to have to start spraying him with the water bottle for it, I think. Thoughts, anyone?

  5. #1205
    FORT Fogey charity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Central KY
    Posts
    825
    Here's Ralphie. . .
    Last edited by charity; 04-19-2005 at 06:54 PM.

  6. #1206
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Somewhere playing in the rain
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by charity
    This thread says it's for animal lovers. Alright. . . here's goes. Ralph Cat has been scooting his butt on the floor (very consistently for about 2 weeks now, not so often before that.) Do cats do that merely for attention?

    We took him to the vet and he doesn't have worms, doesn't have a nasty butt, has a clean litter box, and doesn't have any other diseases. I think he's doing it just to get our attention. I don't think it's even that he has an itchy butt.

    I'll be on the computer and he'll bring a toy to play with. If I don't get down from the computer chair or pay attention to him, he scoots his butt across the floor. I'm going to have to start spraying him with the water bottle for it, I think. Thoughts, anyone?

    No, I don't believe your cat is doing this to get your attention. From what I've been told (by my vet) its not a common thing for cats to slide their butts across the floor. However, its not UNcommon either. Normally they do that if there is a problem (such as the things you've listed). My vet contributes my cat doing this because she DOES have a problem doing "her business" *squeezing* out what needs to come out. My cat has done this since she was a kitten. I've had my cat checked many times and same thing... nothing is wrong with her. She's going to be 13.

    I guess like us... we wipe after... this is their waying of "wiping"

  7. #1207
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Somewhere playing in the rain
    Posts
    366

    Unconditional love... is it worth the hurt???

    My heart is hurting like hell. As I've mentioned some time ago... I found out my female cat as a tumor of the thyroid. My options were to give her meds twice a day for the rest of her life or do a one shot radioactive iodine treatment which destroys the tumor and then no meds are needed. But, its very pricey.

    Well........... after loss of sleep and my heart shattered to pieces... I opted for the radioactive iodine treatment. I dropped her off at the treatment facility yesterday and can't pick her up until thursday.

    I can't believe how much I miss her. When I had to leave her at the center, I said my bye byes and told her how much I loved her.. then I absolutely lost it. I broke down crying... even the vet had tears in his eyes. My male cat misses her as well. He's not eating and keeps crying. He's become my shadow. Its amazing how quite the house is without her. She's a chatterbox like her mom.

    Which brings me to is the unconditional love worth the pain we go through when our animals get sick and/or die??? I never thought I could love anybody as much as I love my kitties.

    I think I'm turning into the crazy cat lady.........


  8. #1208
    Combat Missions Fan Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas, of course!
    Posts
    7,916
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetdreams
    I guess like us... we wipe after... this is their waying of "wiping"
    It's only logical, right?

    I don't know about cats, but I know when dogs scoot on their butts, it's time for their anal sacs to be emptied. I don't think I've ever seen my husky do that, but now that I have a cocker spaniel, I see him do it every 3 or 4 months. The vet says it's not a problem. That there are some dogs (most probably the little ones) that need their anals sacs emptied more often than others.

  9. #1209
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544
    Quote Originally Posted by ToothDoc
    Thanks to all who responded. I appreciate the concern. I went to the pet store where the pictures were taken to see what if any chemicals she might have come in contact with. 5 days before the session they sprayed a few weeds with Round Up. It rained after that so I don't know if any residue was left. She also called the photographer to see what might have been on the carpet and blankets. I stressed to her that I wasn't looking to sue anyone I just needed to help the vet help Missy. They claim that they sprayed Febreeze on the everything 3 months ago and nothing else. Somehow I doubt it. After a week of Predisolone twice a day and benedryl 3 times a day she is finally getting better.

    This Saturday I'll get to go pick up the pictures. I can't wait. They should be adorable. This was their 1st formal picture. I doubt I'll do it again. At least I'll never do it with this company. I don't want to take the chance that Missy gets sick again.

    Jewelsy, thanks for the compliment.

    toothdoc
    Toothdoc, In spite of anything that has been published or denied, I know quite a few people who have cats and/or dogs that are highly allergic to febreeze, in some cases toxic results. I have even stopped using perfumed litter, as well as that stuff you sprinkle on carpets before you vaccum I just do not want to take chances.

    Glad to see Missy is doing better.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  10. #1210
    would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetdreams

    Unconditional love... is it worth the hurt???
    Sweetdreams - it's definitely worth the hurt. And your kitty will appreciate all you're doing for her. I wouldn't trade the 15 years I had with my childhood dog Queenie or the 10+ years I'm enjoying with my Springer Abbie for the world. My dogs have taught me about love and patience and sometimes I love them more than people. I've had a few minor operations over the past few years and Abbie has curled up right beside me, just knowing there was something wrong. They sure do love you back, so for me, every cent I spend and every time I'm cursing from letting the dog in and out and in and out all day long is still worth it

    ToothDoc - glad Missy is better - that doesn't sound like any fun!!

    Charity - I second the anal sac suggestion, but I've only known that with dogs. Can't hurt to ask!

    Dagwood - sorry about the duckies

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.