+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Well, last night, Baby Girl started out in my bathroom, where she could be segregated, but close to me. I visited with her frequently. I dozed off at about 12:30 a.m.; I was awakened at 2 a.m. by scratching and squeaking at the bathroom door. My room seemed to be devoid of any cats, the usual atmosphere for that hour. I closed my door to the rest of the house, and opened the bathroom door to allow her to come out and explore, safely. While I was sitting in the bathroom waiting for Baby Girl to get comfortable with the next step, I look down and Miss Sashay is sitting in the bathroom doorway with her paws crossed, one over another, watching us, quizzically. <----Miss Sashay. She never hissed, growled, or anything. We left the bathroom, and Baby Girl was all over the place, nervous and exploring and squeaking (she doesn't really meow yet). I was surprised that there was no drama at all. I stayed awake to oversee the peace, with no disappointment. They hung out under the bed when Baby Girl was not roaming all over the place, non-stop. At 5 a.m., I finally couldn't fight sleep anymore. It was totally peaceful. 1 down, 2 to go.

I've considered Minnie, Lucy, Lily, and Lillian for names, but I'm still working on it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Phroshay, for the new kitty. And, I'm glad you didn't get the boy. One BooBoo here is enough!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

shay, I'm glad to hear step one of introducing the new kitty went so smoothly. I can't wait to see pictures, Maine Coons are so gorgeous.

MRD

Prhoshay, Baby Gurl's lawyer from the ACLU will be contacting you shortly as segregation laws have been struck down by the passage of the Civil Rights act.

Glad it all went well and she is fitting in and that at least one of your brood is accepting her. I could not have stayed awake that long, so my hat is off to you! When do we get to see a picture???

My daugther's name is Lucy and we already have one friend with a cat named Lucy, so I vote for Lily.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3373346;
    I've considered Minnie, Lucy, Lily, and Lillian for names, but I'm still working on it.
    I'm glad that she's getting used to her new home!

Ok - since she is a MAINE Coon Cat, I thought about Augusta (city in Maine) or "Emmy" - pronunciation of the postal abbreviation (ME) for Maine. Or - you could just go with Henrietta -

Enjoy your new baby!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I've added Desiree (nickname Desi) and Delilah to the list. Kind of like that "s" in Desi; she should easily recognize her hissing "s".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

I like Desi a lot
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Miss Chloe is in the foulest mood I've seen in a long time. She's hissing and spitting at my feet when I walk by her; she's hissing and spitting at Miss Celie who's not even bothering her (at the time). She'll let me pet and snuggle her, but she's e-v-i-l. I'm extremely proud of Miss Sashay, who seems to actually enjoy being around the newby. Geez.........All My "Children"........

The name "Sweet Pea" has also made the consideration list. I think I've got enough to choose from now. I've got to figure out how to post pictures.

My good friend was looking for a dog. We went to two shelters yesterday, and at the second one, she found Pepper! Pepper is absolutely adorable. She's a terrier mix, mostly black with a few white sprinkles here and there. She's very friendly and affectionate, and we both just fell in love with her. My friend has to go through the investigation by the shelter people, but I don't see any reason why she wouldn't be approved. Hopefully, on Tuesday or Wednesday Pepper will have a new home!!!

I'm so happy Pepper and your friend found each other, ScoutMom. It always makes me happy to hear of someone adopting from a shelter.

+ Reply to Thread