+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Ah, sounds like true love to me! I hope Waldo and Leia are very happy. But she better get used to male behavior - the burping, farting, gobbling of food - I could go on and on.

No, it's WALDO that goes over, not Mr MRD
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3367045;
    Ah, sounds like true love to me! I hope Waldo and Leia are very happy. But she better get used to male behavior - the burping, farting, gobbling of food - I could go on and on.
    That's male behavior? Tell that to my female Pug!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MRD

You guys are too funny. Waldo's been snoring this morning like a fiend. But as she's a dog, I'm sure she likes that "male" behavior. She really is a sweet thing and I wish they wouldn't keep her tied up. They do take her in the house at night, but she has been out in the cold and snow during the past couple of days. She does have access to the covered front porch, but still. I hate to see dogs just tied up all day long.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Many years ago when we lived in town, our neighbors had a beautiful dog that they kept tied in their yard all the time, day and night. She had food and shelter, just no love. My kids would go next door and play with her, bringing her treats and toys and bones to chew on. One day a police officer showed up at my door saying that my neighbor had called them and complained about my kids trespassing and "bothering" their dog. The officer and I had a long talk and although he agreed with me he said that since the dog wasn't being abused, was well fed and had shelter, there was nothing they could do and that I had to keep my kids out of their yard. It was hard for my kids to understand why they couldn't go over there anymore. It was hard for the dog too, because she'd stand at the end of her chain and whine at us when we were out in our yard. They moved not long after and I always wondered what happened to that poor animal. I just don't understand why anyone would have a pet if all they are going to do is tie it in the yard and ignore it.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3367291;
    That's male behavior? Tell that to my female Pug!
    I stand corrected. I forgot how much Callie would fart when we first brought her home. Seriously! I never had a cat that farted before. And the smell!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've got a gassey one, too. She was very flatulent when she was a happy baby and now, every so often, she will have episodes. I'll keep her name to myself to protect her dignity!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That such a sad story, Lil Bit. I don't understand that kind of dog owner either.

You know I want to see a picture of Waldo pulling Rosie around and Bogie watching.

Doxie - I just love Henry in his Weiner Wonderland.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3368665;
    You know I want to see a picture of Waldo pulling Rosie around and Bogie watching.

Doxie - I just love Henry in his Weiner Wonderland.
    Thank you! We haven't seen much of him since he ventured out into the snow... I think he is still defrosting under the electric blanket!

Livin: I just saw the story about Harmony bringing you the banana. That is hilarious!

ScoutMom: I'm glad that your two are at least pretending to get along!

LilBit: I agree about tying pets up. It just doesn't seem right to leave them like that. They may have "access" to food/shelter/water, but they can't escape if another dog comes into the yard and attacks them.

MRD: Congrats to Waldo! Is Queen Rosie going to be the maid of honor?

GassyCatOwners: Cat food smells so bad that I can only imagine how foul it must be after being reprocessed into a gaseous form....
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread