+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1420Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Go Bogie!! I'm glad to hear he is having so much fun! This is probably only about the second or third time he has seen snow isn't it? I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures! Maybe you could put Rosie on a sled (or a garbage can lid - that's what the kids around here were sledding on!) and get Waldo to pull her over to the Magnolia tree so that she can take care of her personal matters without setting a delicate paw in the snow at all!!!

Enjoy the snow while it lasts! Ours is gone and the slush is now ice which will probably cause some travel problems in the morning.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Doxie - That picture in my head of Waldo pulling Rosie over to the tree is hilarious.

MRD

Oh, I could see that, and Waldo would have dumped her off the garbage can lid as he's tearing around the yard like a madman.

Well the snow formed an ice crust overnight and it was too funny watching them go out this morning. Stepping very carefully and Rosie went all over the yard which was surprising, but she was slipping so her back end would swing around, she finally decided enough was enough and went back to the porch. The boys were WILD. Tearing around the yard and growling and roughhousing. Waldo is heavy enough that he was breaking through the crust and he was so funny as he was carefully placing his front paws. Bogie was estatic and running around and wanting me to kick snow so he could chase it.

We also have icicles this morning.

Yep, Bogie's only seen snow 3 times, but the dog LOVES it. He's my snowdog and Rosie is my sundog and Waldo is just crazydog.

We took Rosie to Vermont one winter before she had the puppies and I think that ruined her for snow. Poor thing hated everything the entire week we were there. Stayed curled up on the bed inside unless she absolutely had to go out.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Late to the grooming discussion however, has anyone mentioned the furminator? That brush is amazing. Works really well for the animals with a heavy undercoat. My dogs don't have that, but I still use it to keep the top coat looking good.

And this is just between us all. But I accused Harmony of being a counter-surfer yesterday. Counter surfing should always be spoken of in hushed tones just in case it is overheard and put into action by big dogs. Harmony has never been one of "those dogs". She is a good girl..truly. But while on the computer yesterday she brought me a banana.!! I know! I was just as surprised as you are. There was only 1 banana left on the kitchen counter. And so naturally..I accused her of counter surfing. I only scolded a bit. Then DH pointed out that the last banana was still there. Well where did this one come from? We finally figured it out. It came from the boys room. The boy had apparently been full from previously 2 consumed bananas and left this one for later. Harmony, no dummy she had found it and decided it smelled yummy and brought it to me so I could peel it for her. Of course I instantly apologized to her and peeled it for her. She does enjoy an occasional piece of fruit..
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Roxie gave me a scare this morning. I got up and let her outside, then went and started my coffee. I looked out but she hadn't finished so I went back to the kitchen and started wiping down my counters (because no one in this house besides me knows how to do that!) I went back to the door and she's not there. I call her... whistle... call again... wait. Nothing. It's cold out and she's a big baby about the cold. She does not dawdle in the cold. So now I'm getting scared. I run and get my coat, slam my shoes on my feet and out the door I go when she comes running around the house towards me. We went back inside and I hugged her and she's looking at me like, "geez mom, what's the problem?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I totally forgot that, in addition to all of the brushes mentioned above (and 1 medium comb), I also have one of those circular fur removal things that chaserla talked about. I have only used it about once or twice, as my gurls prefer the comb and it is quite effective. I must have a fur removal fetish, huh? I do not have a Furminator, thank goodness. This is getting embarrassing!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

LIvin, that is hysterical about the banana. Waldo is a garbage forager and loves the paper that sticks of butter come in.

Lil' Bit, no one here knows how to wipe a counter down either or how to replace toilet paper when the roll runs out. I swear I need to train Waldo to bring toilet paper to the bathroom (Our bathroom is so small, that there is no room to store more than one roll that is not on the holder, so we keep the rest in the linen closet in the other bathroom. If I could train Waldo to open the linen closet and grab a roll to bring to me, then I might not have to kill my husband the next time I'm left stranded)

That reminds me of Harmony's tiolet paper addiction. If she finds a roll sitting on the counter or anywhere she will shred it..quickly. She knows she is not to have it and will shred it in 2 minutes easy. For a senior she sure has her puppy moments.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Breaking news - Last night, Whiskers and Callie were both asleep on the same love seat. Well, that's not so breaking. The breaking part is [drum roll] their tails touched, and THEY DIDN'T RUN AWAY OR SMACK EACH OTHER!!! It's a real breakthrough. I'm confident they'll be snuggling together within a month. (Yes, I am an optimist.)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3366823;
    Breaking news - Last night, Whiskers and Callie were both asleep on the same love seat. Well, that's not so breaking. The breaking part is [drum roll] their tails touched, and THEY DIDN'T RUN AWAY OR SMACK EACH OTHER!!! It's a real breakthrough. I'm confident they'll be snuggling together within a month. (Yes, I am an optimist.)

Waldo has a girlfriend!!!!! It is doomed to be unrequited love as both are fixed, but he is obsessed with her. Her name is Leia and she belongs to the neighbor. He keeps her tied up in the yard (I HATE that) and Waldo makes a beeline to her everyday when he is let out. He is so happy to see her and she him. They had 2 dogs and while there were 2, Waldo wouldn't go over there, but they gave the other one away and now he visits Leia every chance he gets which is probably her only bright spot as she seems very lonely.
    And if he's in the house and sees her out the window, then he whines and carries on until we let him out. And she's his size, so I think he likes it that he's not dealing with little dogs. WE're not sure what she is, but she's mostly white with a black spot over one eye. Looks like she might have some Lab in her.

+ Reply to Thread