+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1421Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

So,how old is Henry? I must have missed that part. Chaserla, we used to use those on horses to remove shedding hair, or scrape off water after bathing--it looks awful, but the little teeth are so short that they won't even go through to the skin on a very thin coated horse. I also used it on a Siberian Husky I had that shed mountains of fur every spring. I guess the cat version must be much smaller, but you would be surprised at how well animals take to it; unless your cat hates being brushed anyway, he/she might like it.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Looks like Henry had a great birthday. He's a lucky dog.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3356933;
    So,how old is Henry? I must have missed that part. Chaserla, we used to use those on horses to remove shedding hair, or scrape off water after bathing--it looks awful, but the little teeth are so short that they won't even go through to the skin on a very thin coated horse. I also used it on a Siberian Husky I had that shed mountains of fur every spring. I guess the cat version must be much smaller, but you would be surprised at how well animals take to it; unless your cat hates being brushed anyway, he/she might like it.
    Most of my cats have been short hair who loved getting brushed but were on the delicate side when it came to brushing. One actually came with her own brush and it was a baby's hair brush and that was the only brush I was allowed use on her. The cat I have now is the one in my avatar and he has long hair which the Shedd X is absolutely useless on as his fur mats close to skin so I just found another use for it. Now I use a comb and one of the fine metal pet brushes which he loves. I have had Raz for 5 years now and now I can finally brush his tail without getting my hand taken off!
    Last edited by chaserla; 03-01-2009 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3356933;
    So,how old is Henry?
    Henry is about 10 . We don't know for sure but we've had him 7 years and were told that he was about 3 when we adopted him. We picked Feb. 27 to be his "birthday" because that was the poet Longfellow's birthday

Thank you all for the birthday wishes for Henry!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I am changing my birthday to Feb 27th so I can have what HENRY has. I bet SIMON was too grouchy for pictures. (By the way Doxie, WHO is SIMON named for, I cannot remember.)

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3357064;
    Henry is about 10 . We don't know for sure but we've had him 7 years and were told that he was about 3 when we adopted him. We picked Feb. 27 to be his "birthday" because that was the poet Longfellow's birthday

Thank you all for the birthday wishes for Henry!
    I'm not that original--BooBoo's 'ex' told me she was born in early spring 1996, so I just picked Valentine's day.
    Either way, I wouldn't mind a bacon wrapped steak myself! And many returns to Henry.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Me too Queenb and I may get my wish. My family all started Atkins. I am not doing it as I don't eat a lot of meat and think Atkins would be too hard on my stomach. But eventually they will get to bacon wrapped steak and I can have a little.
    Rosie has been in bed all day until hubby rudely pulled her out from under the covers to go outside in the nasty rain to pee before the snow starts when she will refuse to go outside. I had to ban Waldo from my office as I was trying to study and he was snoring like Fred Flintstone. The rain makes all creatures sleepy
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3357091;
    I am changing my birthday to Feb 27th so I can have what HENRY has. I bet SIMON was too grouchy for pictures. (By the way Doxie, WHO is SIMON named for, I cannot remember.)
    Poor Simon. We do love him dearly but he hates the camera and he is so grouchy that we just let him be most of the time. He is named after a character on Captain Kangaroo.

MRD: Have fun in the snow! We had about 4 inches and it was blowing so hard at one point that we couldn't see across the street! It's starting to melt now. Take some pictures of Bogie and Waldo in the snow!

Henry went waddling through the wiener wonderland this morning. I could NOT believe that he voluntarily went outside and got cold and wet. Maybe he has a career as a sled dog in his future!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Wow Doxie! That's a lot. We're supposed to get 2-4 inches, but its still currently raining. They had predicted snow for about 2 this afternoon. Bogie will be so happy when it does start to accumulate.

So, did B'ham get THE snow plow out today????

MRD

IT's snowing!!!!! And Bogie is the happiest dog on the planet. He's been out jumping trying to catch the snowflakes as they come down. He's like a kid and is upset that we made him come back in the house. He adores snow and as soon as he saw it was snowing, he tore down the steps wagging his tail and grinning. Waldo just runs tearing around the yard like an idiot, Rosie ran out, ran under the magnolia tree where there is not any snow on the ground, did what she had to do and ran back in.
    Bogie is running up and down the stairs from my office to the front door beggging to be let back out. The dog is crazy for the snow. I hope my pictures come out. I can't post them from this computer, so it may be a few days as the old computer is STill in the shop.

But we are having some fun around here right now. Yeah, I love snow (not the great gobs of it that some of you guys get, but after being in Florida for 44 years, it's still a novelty for me)

+ Reply to Thread