+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1420Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Actually, the boys don't shed much at all. That's the type of brush I use on them.

I'm starting to figure out that I must have had wussy-cats in the past! Rocky didn't like to be brushed at all, and most cats I had before only liked the 'slicker' brush with short spines.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3355109;
    I have just a couple of Newf towels from the Newf club and I always buy the Newf calendar that we put out. I don't have any Newf- or dog-themed clothes. Here's a bit of trivia on the subject--the Big Dog clothing dogs are Landseer Newfoundlands :
    Henry has a Big Dog Bandanna that says "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch". I'm pretty sure he is fine with staying on the porch!

With one white dog and one black dog, I cannot win the dog hair battle. Henry really doesn't shed much compared to Simon, but neither of them like to be brushed.

Henry's birthday celebration will take place shortly. And, we are supposed to get 2-5 inches of snow tonight! I cannot wait to see Henry try to waddle through that - if we get 5 inches that will be up to his pudgy belly! I have the camera all ready!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I buy Joeys brush from a place called dog training dot com it is wire and looks like this. The only kind he likes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've got one of each brush, and a comb, and a sponge. My gurls drool...big drops...(and purr) when they are being groomed. They also walk back and forth on the window sill, which is where the activity takes place.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am not sure how long my Tiny's hairs will be around, but it may be a long time! She had a superfine undercoat that was packed in like fine down. And when she shed it in spring, it was everywhere! I have lint brushes upstairs and down, and even in my car. My Buddy is a short haired Tabby, and not much of a shedder. And his hair sweeps up or brushes off easily. Tiny's would stick like glue.

I have either a cat or dog daily calendar every year at work and the kids love to talk to me about the animals. We have a cat one this year. Some of the little kids think they are all pictures of my cats! I also have a great collection of cat and dog books for the kids. Labradoodles, Puggles, Schnoodles, and all kinds of other dogs. So animal pictures are everywhere!

Here are a few pictures of Henry's birthday celebration! He was one lucky dog. He dined on bacon wrapped steak atop a bed of kibble and then he opened his big new bone. After that, he passed out. Simon got a nice dinner and a new bone too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3356674;
    Here are a few pictures of Henry's birthday celebration! He was one lucky dog. He dined on bacon wrapped steak atop a bed of kibble and then he opened his big new bone. After that, he passed out. Simon got a nice dinner and a new bone too.
    Ok, I'm celebrating my next birthday at doxie's house!
    He is indeed one lucky dog. Happy belated birthday Henry

FORT Fanatic

Years ago my mother got me a Shedd X for my first cat which was a short haired tabby. I thought it was a torture device when I first saw it, as on the metal part it has little teeth on one side and have never used it on any of my cats. I have found it works great on upholstery, clothing, blankets and animal beds but would be painful for animals and humans

Google Image Result for http://shop.heimtier-center.de/images/product_images/info_images/2017_0.jpg

MRD

Sounds like Henry had a good day. We never did get around to celebrating Waldoday. I'm pretty sure he is not scarred for life because we didn't this year, I'm still scarred from last year when he ate the candle off the cupcake.

We are supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow. Rosie will NOT be happy, but the boys, especially Bogie will be. Bogie LOVES snow.

Queenb, I have a lint roller in the car and I've usually told them goodbye, but they must all crowd the door when anyone leaves, so I'm trying to get out of the door, keep them from going out the door, and keep Waldo away from my black pants. It's a routine we go through often that I'm sure would be hysterical to the onlookers, but not to me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread