+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

MamaC! That picture is SCARY!

Unklescott, as to the AI reference, I trained horses and hung around show barns for so long, that every time I see "AI" I automatically think artificial insemination, not American Idol. Even worse is what I think when my TV or dvd player has insructions regarding "AV" which I won't explain but you can probably figure out.

Cootie, I don't wear things like you describe, or shirts that say "I my cat", but I do get the vests, jackets, etc. from the Pet Rescue organization that advertises on Petfinder, when they put them on clearance. It's actually very good clothing, and only has a little, purple paw logo on it.I will buy animal tshirts I think are funny; I have a 'Chairman Meow" t shirt that other than the cat face does look like an old Chinese propaganda poster, and I have a T depicting a kittycat playing a 'keytar' and wearing a Devo style flowerpot looking hat. Now, sorry you asked?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3354977;
    I have a Jack Russel coffee mug (gift) and a stuffed Jack Russell Beanie baby and a Jack Russell Picture frame (gift). I bought the Beanie baby. I've seen clothing, but nah, I'm not really into that type of thing. But I know people that are.
    I have just a couple of Newf towels from the Newf club and I always buy the Newf calendar that we put out. I don't have any Newf- or dog-themed clothes. Here's a bit of trivia on the subject--the Big Dog clothing dogs are Landseer Newfoundlands

Well, the new vet has cemented themselves in our lives. Got a card from them yesterday saying "thank you for allowing us to treat Bogie. We enjoyed meeting you and him and look forward to seeing you all again. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance." They sent a card!!!
    I, who thinks customer service has dropped off the face of the earth, was impressed.
    See how nice they are when you convince them to do a pick-up and delivery on Waldo
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3355109;
    I have just a couple of Newf towels from the Newf club and I always buy the Newf calendar that we put out. I don't have any Newf- or dog-themed clothes. Here's a bit of trivia on the subject--the Big Dog clothing dogs are Landseer Newfoundlands

See how nice they are when you convince them to do a pick-up and delivery on Waldo
    Ha! We informed them about Waldo and they make house calls. Of course, Mr. Rosie, the cheap one, said that he wasn't paying for a house call. But since it's his truck that Waldo fouls, I'm willing to bet, the house call thing will be utilized next time Waldo needs the vet.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3353924;
    Same here but dog hair in my case!
    I can relate the the dog hair issues. Before we got Roxie I did a lot of research and read all I could about Pugs and I admit that I ran across the shedding subject several times. I had NO IDEA how much a little dog could shed until we got Roxie! It gets everywhere. I have to confess that I haven't been as diligent with her grooming as I maybe should be, but I'm improving. We got a special shedding comb that I've been using and she's getting more regular baths, but still, compared to our last dog, a Boston Terrier, this shedding is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3353909;
    Yeah, my clothes are usually covered in cat hair.
    Oh you have the same designer I do.

Gabriel, you mean all that brushing doesn't help? I actually end up with very little cat hair on me, but I think it's because most cats would not stand for BooBoo's brush or the way I use it. It's actually a "pin" brush (intended for long haired dogs, I think) and I was appalled when BooBoo's old mommy handed it to me, but she does love it, and wants to be brushed HARD so her whole body is swaying--she stands up to be brushed, with her tail straight up, saying "nah, nah' the whole time.. It's funny enough I'd like to make a video of, if I could maneuver the camera and brush at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3355548;
    Gabriel, you mean all that brushing doesn't help? I actually end up with very little cat hair on me, but I think it's because most cats would not stand for BooBoo's brush or the way I use it. It's actually a "pin" brush (intended for long haired dogs, I think) and I was appalled when BooBoo's old mommy handed it to me, but she does love it, and wants to be brushed HARD so her whole body is swaying--she stands up to be brushed, with her tail straight up, saying "nah, nah' the whole time.. It's funny enough I'd like to make a video of, if I could maneuver the camera and brush at the same time.
    That is the same type brush I use - Joey does not like those sissy kitty type brushes. It seems like no matter how much I brush, any darker clothes have WHITE fur on them and any lighter clothes have BLACK fur on them.

MRD

I sweep up enough dog hair weekly, that if I knitted, I could knit another dog out of it.

I wear a lot of black clothing (it's easy, everything matches, I can mix and match a lot of my wardrobe and shoes and it's slimming) so I have lint rollers for pet hair stashed everywhere and part of getting dressed (for work, I don't bother if I'm going to school, I don't really care there) is rolling the pet hair removers all over and then as I walk out the door, I'm yelling: "NO!, Get away!, No, down!" because they want goodbye rubs. I'm also doing a twisted, side step thing trying to stay away from Waldo as he is so big, he rubs up against me and covers a much larger area with dog hair then the little dogs.

We brush too, but the Jacks shed like crazy. At the vet last week (Hey, they sent me a personal card thanking us you know), when Bogie was on the table being examined, it looked like snowfall the white hairs were coming off in such volume.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In the past we had two Weimaraners. Even though they were short-haired, they did shed. Then we had a golden retriever. OMG! Talk about shedding. I could vacuum the living room, then move onto another room and by the time I came back I could see new hair on the area rug in the living room. One of her better habits was that she never jumped up on the furniture, but there would be hair along the furniture that she's bump up against. After she was put down, I swear we were still sweeping and vacuuming her hair for months! Now I have my little Bichon who does not shed and I love that my furniture, carpets, and clothes are hair free. It's funny...when I brush his coat, he sticks out his tongue and kind of licks his lips with each stroke of his brush!

I couldn't believe it when the lady told me to brush BooBOO so hard with a brush like THIS! But yes, it's shedding season now anyway. I suppose the white hair does show up more, now that I think, Rocky's hair showed up more. Like MRD, I keep lint rollers everywhere, for when it 'matters'. MRD, you better rub those babies goodbye--just put a spare roller in the car for a touchup!
    MamaC, I always wished I could just vacuum the cats--I am lazy! I've tried using a rubber hair remover brush, but pets either love or hate those, and BooBoo is a hater.

+ Reply to Thread