+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1421Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Bunny, I've been thinking about you. How are you and your family doing?

I had to laugh at Henry tonight. We've had some rough nasty weather today and he has been under the electric blanket in hiding. I hauled his long self out and carried him to the back door and shoved him outside. It wasn't even raining anymore, but the grass was wet. He "tiptoed" across the patio and turned around and stuck his "end" over the grass and did what he needed to do without so much as setting a toe on the wet grass. He's done this before (and I may have posted it before) but it cracks me up every time.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Bunny, so sorry for you and your family. It is so sad to lose a pet, and this death is particularly tough. I am thinking of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3333693;
    Bunny, so sorry for you and your family. It is so sad to lose a pet, and this death is particularly tough. I am thinking of you.
    Thank You Cootie

Doxie, We're hanging in there. Thanks for asking. I haven't yet shared the news with my daughter who is away at school. She will be devastated as she is the one that brought Clara home to us. I'm just not feeling strong enough to do that yet. I loved your Henry story.......give him an extra hug for me!
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3333731;
    Thank You Cootie

Doxie, We're hanging in there. Thanks for asking. I haven't yet shared the news with my daughter who is away at school. She will be devastated as she is the one that brought Clara home to us. I'm just not feeling strong enough to do that yet. I loved your Henry story.......give him an extra hug for me!
    I will give him a hug for you!

Bunny - I'm sure that your daughter will be upset about Clara, but she might be even more upset about how heartbroken you are.... I say this because, when I was away at college, my mother accidentally ran over and killed my childhood pet (another long dog ). I was upset about the dog, but my first reaction was to console my mother because she felt SO guilty and it just was not her fault.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3333421;
    Bunny, I've been thinking about you. How are you and your family doing?

I had to laugh at Henry tonight. We've had some rough nasty weather today and he has been under the electric blanket in hiding. I hauled his long self out and carried him to the back door and shoved him outside. It wasn't even raining anymore, but the grass was wet. He "tiptoed" across the patio and turned around and stuck his "end" over the grass and did what he needed to do without so much as setting a toe on the wet grass. He's done this before (and I may have posted it before) but it cracks me up every time.
    That's Henry! You have got to love this.

MRD

Gotta love Henry. If Rosie could manage that she would. She will only go far enough in the wet grass to do her business and then hops back on the concrete. She and Henry are a pair.

I'm telling you, I couldn't live without animals and sounds like we all have real characters for pets. Love these stories.

Bunny, hang in there. Sending hugs.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3333826;
    Gotta love Henry. If Rosie could manage that she would. She will only go far enough in the wet grass to do her business and then hops back on the concrete. She and Henry are a pair.

I'm telling you, I couldn't live without animals and sounds like we all have real characters for pets. Love these stories.

Bunny, hang in there. Sending hugs.
    And probably looks at you like: I had to step OUT THERE!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3333852;
    And probably looks at you like: I had to step OUT THERE!
    All the while grunting her displeasure.

I was sitting on the front porch this morning with my coffee (the front porch is on the 2nd floor) and my husband let the dogs out the back door. I saw Waldo go tearing around the side of the house and I yelled out: "WALDO!!!" as he was headed over to the neighbors. He stopped, looked up saw me and got so happy. I swear you could almost hear him thinking: "It's MOM! I haven't seen her in 5 whole minutes". He was so happy, he bounded across the yard and up the steps, grinning and wagging. I took him in the house as hubby was coming in the back door ready to go charging out to look for him. Our yard is really big and with the trees and shrubs and creek, no telling where he can go. But it's fenced, except across the front. Still hubby has to go out and look occasionally as there are chipmunks near the fence line. And apparantly the presence of chipmunks renders Waldo deaf.

But it was so funny because he did not expect to see me out there and he was so happy about it. Meanwhile the other two were being good dogs in the backyard.

MRD

T-minus 27 minutes and counting until Waldoday!!! (thanks Doxie for suggesting the name)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3336032;
    T-minus 27 minutes and counting until Waldoday!!! (thanks Doxie for suggesting the name)
    What's Waldoday? Is it his birthday?
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread