+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3324605;
    MamaC, can you find out what your SIL's SIL takes? I have to be sitting on the side of the bed when I take benedryl as it knocks me out more effectively than a sleeping pill
    I will email my brother and his wife. Once I get the info from them, I will pass it along!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3325454;
    shay...your kitty sounds just like BooBoo. She's the snuggliest kitty I've ever had,I have never had any animal act like it just adores me so-- even though she shows signs of having been somewhat abused in her former home--I think the 'ex' who was keeping her until someone would take her (poor old kitty,thrown away at age 11, nearly 12!) might have been picking her up and throwing her down, or chasing hollering at her--.
    Anyway, I'm going on vacation starting tomorrow, and since BooBoo has to have daily medicine, I had to board her at the vet's. I felt sooo guilty leaving her there.
    Have a great vacation! BooBoo will be fine at the vet. She'll probably be really mad when you get home though - so bring her a treat or a surprise from your trip. That's what we do although Henry is ALWAYS glad to see me and ready to get back to his "territory" and his electric blanket. Simon could care less as long as he has food.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

It breaks my heart to have to share this..... Our little Clara was killed today, in our home, by Kwanzi who we opened our home and our hearts to a couple of months ago. She is gone and he is staying with friends until I can wrap my mind around this. I am grief-stricken and wracked with guilt. The dog in the avatar picture with her is Princess who was her best buddy. Please say a prayer for her.

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

I have personally been through this before - one pet killing another. It is heartbreaking. I'm very sad for you all tonight.

Oh Bunny, I am so sorry to hear that. Poor Princess too. This must be hard for her as well.

Have you ever seen Kwanzi display this sort of behavior before? Even if you never had, just remember that any animal has the capacity to "turn" on another, quite easily. I remember one of my cousins got attacked by her next-door neighbors golden retriever...a very docile dog she had known for many, many years. Totally unprovoked. The dog just snapped apparently.
    Last edited by MamaC; 02-17-2009 at 02:55 AM.

Thank You Mimzy

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3326613;
    Oh Bunny, I am so sorry to hear that. Poor Princess too. This must be hard for her as well.

Have you ever seen Kwanzi display this sort of behavior before? Even if you never had, just remember that any animal has the capacity to "turn" on another, quite easily. I remember one of my cousins got attacked by her next-door neighbors golden retriever...a very docile dog she had known for many, many years. Totally unprovoked. The dog just snapped apparently.
    MamaC The other dogs (we have 3 other) have never had a problem with Kwanzi, nor he with them. They are all pretty passive for the most part and gave him a wide berth. Clara on the other hand was a wild lil thing from the day we rescued her. She loves to provoke and play. I had seen Kwanzi chase her before when she would walk by and slap him but he's big and slow and she could always outrun him. It also never seemed like he was going after her in a malicious way, just playing. He would soon give up. I don't know what happened today as none of us were here. Princess obviously witnessed something that she was unable to stop as she was snuggled up to Clara when she was found by my son this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3326594;
    It breaks my heart to have to share this..... Our little Clara was killed today, in our home, by Kwanzi who we opened our home and our hearts to a couple of months ago. She is gone and he is staying with friends until I can wrap my mind around this. I am grief-stricken and wracked with guilt. The dog in the avatar picture with her is Princess who was her best buddy. Please say a prayer for her.
    Bunny - I am just so sorry to read this news. I know that you are in a difficult situation regarding Kwanzi. Try not to feel guilty though - you weren't home and there wasn't anything that you could have done to prevent this. You and your family and rurry friends are in my thoughts tonight. :
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3326674;

Bunny - I am just so sorry to read this news. I know that you are in a difficult situation regarding Kwanzi. Try not to feel guilty though - you weren't home and there wasn't anything that you could have done to prevent this. You and your family and rurry friends are in my thoughts tonight. :
    Thanks doxie, I try to sleep but I can't help wonder what lil Clara went through and how she would still be here if I hadn't brought Kwanzi home. My heart is broken!
    Last edited by Bunny555; 02-17-2009 at 04:51 AM.
    CYA

Bunny - I'm so sorry to hear about Clara. Please don't feel guilty about this. You gave Kwanzi a home when one was needed. There's no way you could have known what would happen. My thoughts will be with you.

Oh my! My thoughts ans prayers are with you.

+ Reply to Thread