+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1318Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3324043;
    It just makes me so mad because of the people that dump animals off out in the country. This was a full grown cat and he was so wild that he had to have been on his own for a long time, but we live a few miles outside of a town in a pretty secluded area. People must think that it's the ideal place to get rid of their unwanted pets, usually kittens, but we've had a couple of dogs show up here too. I have no tolerance for anyone who just throws away an animal like its nothing.
    I really hope that karma is true and those kind of people get what is coming to them. For heavens sake at least take the critter to a shelter. But better yet, don't adopt unless you can makea commitment for a lifetime.

There was just a fascinating show on PBS about dogs and cats. Did anyone catch it?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3324181;
    I really hope that karma is true and those kind of people get what is coming to them. For heavens sake at least take the critter to a shelter. But better yet, don't adopt unless you can makea commitment for a lifetime.
    I couldn't agree more! And I'm really sorry about your wild kitty, lil bit.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3323059;
    Actually there is no hope. I am very, very, very allergic to cats. So no way can I have one. But I want one. I had them as a child, but we had to get rid of them because I was allergic and my cat allergy has gotten worse over the years instead of better. Was at a friends a couple weeks ago and she has 2 indoor cats. My chest tightened up, I was having trouble breathing and had to leave. Also just going to the vet with the dogs almost kills me because of all the cats that have been in that building.

So it's not hubby so much as I just can't be around them. But I still want one.
    MRD, my dad and sister are very allergic to cats as well. Everytime they come over here, they take a Benedryl before coming and that helps immensely. My sister also does it before she takes her dog to the vet for the same reason you do.....the cats that are or were there before her would get to her. You could try that when you have to go to the vets or over to that friend's house again to see if that helps.

My SIL's SIL (get that? LOL) is also very allergic to cats. However, her daughter, a real princess if you get my drift, wanted a cat sooooo badly that her parents actually went out and got her one! Mom ended up taking daily medication to control her allergy to that cat. Whatever it was that she took, did the trick. So there is something out there that you could take for the allergy.

Of course, that all may well be moot. I have a feeling that the dogs would be rather displeased if a cat came on board at the RosieHouse!

LilBit, that is so sad about the cat.

Sherri, how is that dog doing that you "rescued"???

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3324043;
    It just makes me so mad because of the people that dump animals off out in the country. This was a full grown cat and he was so wild that he had to have been on his own for a long time, but we live a few miles outside of a town in a pretty secluded area. People must think that it's the ideal place to get rid of their unwanted pets, usually kittens, but we've had a couple of dogs show up here too. I have no tolerance for anyone who just throws away an animal like its nothing.
    I hate that too. Living creatures don't deserve to be tossed out on the side of the road. Poor kitty. But - I am glad that he had a chance to spend time in your barn and be fed.

I read the cutest story in the paper today. A 10 year old girl had a skating party for her birthday and she requested that her friends and family make donations to the local Humane Society instead of giving her gifts! She hauled in almost $2,000 in cash and supplies!! AND - this girl has a younger sister who is going to do the same thing for HER birthday in a couple of months. How sweet is that?
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3324570;
    I hate that too. Living creatures don't deserve to be tossed out on the side of the road. Poor kitty. But - I am glad that he had a chance to spend time in your barn and be fed.

I read the cutest story in the paper today. A 10 year old girl had a skating party for her birthday and she requested that her friends and family make donations to the local Humane Society instead of giving her gifts! She hauled in almost $2,000 in cash and supplies!! AND - this girl has a younger sister who is going to do the same thing for HER birthday in a couple of months. How sweet is that?
    I always say that kids are our hope for the future.

Lil Bit, I'm sorry about your kitty

MamaC, can you find out what your SIL's SIL takes? I have to be sitting on the side of the bed when I take benedryl as it knocks me out more effectively than a sleeping pill
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3324187;
    There was just a fascinating show on PBS about dogs and cats. Did anyone catch it?

Do you remember the name of it? I'd like to look for it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I only caught bits and pieces of it because I was watching something else and turning to that during commercials, so no - I didn't catch the name. It was about why cats/dogs/humans living together are so close. There was a name for it - mirror something. It meant having empathy for the other being. It showed a lot of cats and dogs brought up together being loving with each other and animals having special abilities to comfort humans and vice versa. One couple sold their business when their dog got cancer so they could spend the rest of his life out on the road with him roaming the wilderness areas across the country.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love it when Miss Sashay gets on the bed with me and puts her head on my shoulder, and stretches her foreleg (arm) across me and falls alseep....kind of like your boyfriend/girlfriend might do. She is just so mushy and loving and snuggly, and she always purrs when she snuggles. She also likes to fall asleep with her head in my upturned hand. We have always been extremely close. The other two couldn't care less! And she has always liked to just sit there/lay there, and gaze at me. And when I had been away from the house, and had surgery, she was extremely reluctant to leave my side, for any reason at all. I think that the bond that you can form with an animal can be awe-inspiring. She'll be 14 this year.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

shay...your kitty sounds just like BooBoo. She's the snuggliest kitty I've ever had,I have never had any animal act like it just adores me so-- even though she shows signs of having been somewhat abused in her former home--I think the 'ex' who was keeping her until someone would take her (poor old kitty,thrown away at age 11, nearly 12!) might have been picking her up and throwing her down, or chasing hollering at her--.
    Anyway, I'm going on vacation starting tomorrow, and since BooBoo has to have daily medicine, I had to board her at the vet's. I felt sooo guilty leaving her there.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread