+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1268Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

YOu know, I was just thinking how much better a job of dog training Rosie has done with Waldo than I have.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Roxie and I watched the Dog Show. I think Roxie is the only dog I've ever had who actually watches TV. I've had others who will look for awhile, but Roxie lays on the couch and watches for 5 or 10 minutes at a time. With the Dog show I think she is attracted to the noises that the dogs make, but especially to the noises that some of the judges make when they are trying to get the dogs attention. It probably also helps that we have a big screen TV now and we never did with our other dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3314338;
    Roxie and I watched the Dog Show. I think Roxie is the only dog I've ever had who actually watches TV. I've had others who will look for awhile, but Roxie lays on the couch and watches for 5 or 10 minutes at a time. With the Dog show I think she is attracted to the noises that the dogs make, but especially to the noises that some of the judges make when they are trying to get the dogs attention. It probably also helps that we have a big screen TV now and we never did with our other dogs.
    I'm glad you and Roxie enjoyed the dog show. Roxie is a Pug isn't she? She'll be able to see her Pug relative in the Toy Group tonight!

Henry does watch tv and he now wants a big screen tv!

Here's the link to Westminster for those of you who might want to see some of the clips and videos

2009 Dog Show - News, Events, Finalists, Dog Breeds & Awards - WestminsterKennelClub.org
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Please excuse the double post.

Watching the Westminster show tonight, I saw Newfs and Mastiffs and Pugs and others (forgive me if I have left a breed out) that reminded me of the great dog stories and pictures that we enjoy here.

I LOVE the Sussex Spaniel who won. He's long and old and he is named Stump! Beautiful dog.

Henry watched the show for about an hour. Then, he felt the need to return to bed. He's still slightly annoyed because there weren't any Wiener Winners at Westminster... and also because Mr. Doxie ate all of the Cheetos.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I was rooting for the Brussels Griffon to win Best In Show. I fell in love with that cute little face. Roxie and I were pleased to see the Pug take second place too.

I made the mistake of sharing Cheetos with our dogs the other night. They LOVED the Cheetos, but their tongues turned orange and then they licked themselves and each other.... Henry looked like a weird leopard and he had an orange mustache for awhile... I'm thinking that both of them have a date with the bathtub in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3319687;
    Henry looked like a weird leopard and he had an orange mustache for awhile...
    Ok, I'm peeved--where's the picture?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My whack-a-doodles are fighting this morning. One (The Stalker) is backed into a small box, and the alpha (Miss Chloe) is having a slapfest with her at the opening of the box. Nothing like Saturday morning noise.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. When I get a fostor I will post pics. I'm thinking I have a cold this am. First one in 6 years! Going back to bed..
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Get some Airborne, it will lessen the severity. I am now Airbornes biggest fan. It works, it really does, but you have to take it 3 x a day once the cold gets a foothold. But it will shorten it and make it less nasty. And if you start taking it early enough, it knocks out the cold.

Feel better.

It's raining here so of course, Rosie did not want to go outside, she is back in bed under the covers. She is a female version of Henry.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread