+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Waldo now weighs about 75 pounds and he's enough dog for me. I don't know if I could handle a dog that weighed 160. Waldo's trying to throw me down the stairs now when he knocks into me with 75 pounds. That said, I want a Tibeten Mastiff.

I realize the teeth brushing thing is a serious issue, but mine have fought so hard against it that I just have to chuckle a bit at the thought of you guys brushing the teeth of the kitties and at the kittie mouth wash. I applaud you for it, as it does need to be done, but I chuckle too.
    But then again, we'd not be in the spot we're in with Bogie if I could have brushed his teeth.

We had his teeth and Rosie's teeth cleaned at the same time before we moved to SC about 2 1/2 years ago. I looked at Rosies and while her's have some plaque on them, her's really aren't bad. Bogies got a couple teeth that are almost black. How did his get so much worse than hers in the same time period? And yes, I know they need to be cleaned more often, but remember we had financial difficulties the first 1 1/2 years we lived here.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3308802;
    How did his get so much worse than hers in the same time period? And yes, I know they need to be cleaned more often, but remember we had financial difficulties the first 1 1/2 years we lived here.
    I understand, and like for us sometimes the teeth seem to go by the wayside.
    Do they make doggie tartar control treats or food?

Y'all must remember that while I post that Joey and also Mona when she was alive have tooth brushings and nail clippings etc., that it is NOT always this pleasant little picture you probably have in your heads.

That is why there is MILLER BEER for daddy. Joey just tolerates stuff now probably because he is 13 and I tend to start stuff when he is napping after talking softly and rubbing him for an eternity to disarm him before I do stuff to him. Mona was never a heavy sleeper but I could usually get a tooth done before she ran.

Norealityhere, , Boo Boo did weigh 17; I've got her down to 14.5 and she still needs to lose apound or so--but isn't it weird they look so much alike and that I also adopted her as an old lady of 11? She will be 13 this month, I'm calling the 14th her birthday, so she can be Valentine kitty.
    Gabriel, I do not have the pleasant little picture in my head which is why I won't be tormenting BoO Boo with a toothbrush. The eye drops and toenail clippings are bad nough; for an old kitty she is a squirmy one and a medical marvel--no scruff of the neck to hold!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3308816;

That is why there is MILLER BEER for daddy. Joey just tolerates stuff now .

The way I read and comprehended this was that Joey tolerates Miller Beer.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Dozer and I just got back from the Dog Wash. only his 2nd time, but I stayed and watched this time so I could do it myself there. We don't want to mess up the new house with 'bath time'.
    They cleaned his ears - brushed his teeth - washed & dried. it was very interesting. They have tubs up at diffferent heights so you don't have t bend to wash them -saves the back.

FORT Newbie

I love my animals but my husband says i have too many.

2 dogs, 3 cats, and a fish!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3308872;
    Norealityhere, , Boo Boo did weigh 17; I've got her down to 14.5 and she still needs to lose apound or so--but isn't it weird they look so much alike and that I also adopted her as an old lady of 11? She will be 13 this month, I'm calling the 14th her birthday, so she can be Valentine kitty.
    Gabriel, I do not have the pleasant little picture in my head which is why I won't be tormenting BoO Boo with a toothbrush. The eye drops and toenail clippings are bad nough; for an old kitty she is a squirmy one and a medical marvel--no scruff of the neck to hold!
    Totally ironic about the ages and I applaud you for the older adoption, too. When I brought Monet in, he had lost almost a pound - now a svelte 15.11. The Vet told m that because he has borderline CRF, keeping him at that weight is not at all bad and could protect him if the CRF advances. I still wouldn't mind seeing him a bit thinner 'cause picking him up is more of an exercise for me than weight lifting at the gym.
    A friend of mine has a black cat who looks like Monet and Boo Boo, but weighs even more - over 20 lbs. Maybe black cats are destined to be chunkier - more about them to love?!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3309101;
    The way I read and comprehended this was that Joey tolerates Miller Beer.
    Well he does sniff it and give me funny looks but I wouldn't let him drink it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3308768;
    for you Livin. As a new owner a Mastiff that I am completely smitten by, I say to know them is to absolutely adore them. When we first got Kwanzi we were told that he was a Boerbel but we've come to find out that he is a Napoleon Mastiff and as of his last check-up he weighs in at a svelte 160 pounds.
    Isn't that the same kind of dog that was in the Harry Potter books and movies??? That is certainly BIG slobbery love! I wish you would post pictures of Kwanzi. Henry "met" a Mastiff once (while waiting to get Santa photos taken)... Henry ended up covered in drool and was slightly afraid (but he is afraid of everything). That Mastiff was adorable and VERY sweet.

I've been looking through some old pictures and I came across the one posted below. It's one of the first ones that we ever took of Henry. He used to sleep with his long nose on the table and the rest of his long self on a chair. Now, he prefers the electric blanket!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3309871;
    Isn't that the same kind of dog that was in the Harry Potter books and movies??? That is certainly BIG slobbery love! I wish you would post pictures of Kwanzi. Henry "met" a Mastiff once (while waiting to get Santa photos taken)... Henry ended up covered in drool and was slightly afraid (but he is afraid of everything). That Mastiff was adorable and VERY sweet.

I've been looking through some old pictures and I came across the one posted below. It's one of the first ones that we ever took of Henry. He used to sleep with his long nose on the table and the rest of his long self on a chair. Now, he prefers the electric blanket!
    What a great Henry picture. I love dogs that are into board games.....especially parcheesie!

Aside from the one Kwanzi picture I posted a while back, the rest are are on my son's pc but I'll definitely get him to either send or upload them to mine so I can share.

+ Reply to Thread