+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1136Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3307563;
    Gabriel,
    thanks for the tips. I have given him the dental treats that promise to help his breath and they've kind of worked like mouthwash does on some people - not always great. He does get the wet and dry food - primarily the K-D because of the borderline CRF. I will try the tooth brushing, though, and hope for the best.
    I think they also make kitty mouthwash now too. Even with the brushing, Joey has kitty kat breath sometimes ,he also does see the vet every six months and gets a cleaning of his teeth also. Sounds like we need to give you a GOOD MOMMY award also. Thank YOU! for caring for Monet.

Livin, that is wonderful news! I hope it's a fulfilling experience for you, I know it will be for the foster dogs.

Livin! Congratulations. I hope you have fun with that. Post some pictures of those big sweeties!

The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show airs Monday and Tuesday nights! Henry is already planning his tailgate party to cheer on his dachshund relatives (none of whom have ever won Westminster, but this could be the year!).

It's on Monday 7-9 (CST) on USA and continues 9-11 (CST) on CNBC
    And Tuesday 7-11 (CST) on USA

Enjoy!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

What's the new breed that is in this year's show?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3307844;
    I think they also make kitty mouthwash now too. Even with the brushing, Joey has kitty kat breath sometimes ,he also does see the vet every six months and gets a cleaning of his teeth also. Sounds like we need to give you a GOOD MOMMY award also. Thank YOU! for caring for Monet.
    When I adopted him after my 17 yo Siamese died from CRF, everyone thought I was crazy to adopt a 12 yo cat. I know,however, my Siamese is smiling down at us from the Rainbow Bridge. Thanks for your kind words, Gabriel.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3308109;
    What's the new breed that is in this year's show?
    "Dogue de Bordeaux" or French Mastiff

(I only know that because I looked it up for my parents yesterday )
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I found some "tooth brush" (but not really brushes, as such) thingies (for humans) that fit on your finger (kind of like a sock), clothlike and impregnated with toothpaste, that you can clean up your teeth after dinner when you are out in public. You rub their teeth with your finger. Do they make those types of things for animals, or all you all talking about actual toothbrushes?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3308341;
    I found some "tooth brush" (but not really brushes, as such) thingies (for humans) that fit on your finger (kind of like a sock), clothlike and impregnated with toothpaste, that you can clean up your teeth after dinner when you are out in public. You rub their teeth with your finger. Do they make those types of things for animals, or all you all talking about actual toothbrushes?
    They actually make both types for our 4 legged kids. I usea toothbrush on joey that is actually 3 sided so it gets both sides and the grinding surface of the teeth at the same time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3308128;
    "Dogue de Bordeaux" or French Mastiff

(I only know that because I looked it up for my parents yesterday )
    Wow, according to the Wiki entry the minimum weight (AKC standards) is 99 lbs for a female and 110 lbs for a male. Monstrous big dogs. It also says it has the largest head proportionally "in the canine world". Oh, and apparently the dog from Turner & Hooch was a Dogue de Bordeaux.

I love the Westminster Kennel Show. My kids cheer for the yellow Labs since we have one but I always have a hard time picking my favourite breed, there's so many gorgeous dogs.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

for you Livin. As a new owner a Mastiff that I am completely smitten by, I say to know them is to absolutely adore them. When we first got Kwanzi we were told that he was a Boerbel but we've come to find out that he is a Napoleon Mastiff and as of his last check-up he weighs in at a svelte 160 pounds.

+ Reply to Thread