+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I'm glad Money is ok and that sweet Bogie is all better!

Henry was scheduled to have his weigh-in , annual check up/shots and to have his teeth cleaned tomorrow, but we had to change plans. Now, he has another two weeks to waddle himself into shape before he gets put on the dreaded diet!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Hey, on my German test today (if I ever go to Germany, I will be able to fluently converse about the weather-Die Sonne es scheint und der Himmel is blau.-I mean really, who talks like that?--- and how Elvis met Pricilla in Wiesbaden) there was a question about whether Hundewetter is good weather or not. Hundewetter translates to Hound weather. I thought of Henry. Henry would think Hundewetter was good because it's hot and sunny. Too hot as Germans do not consider Hundewetter to be good weather. He would not like Sauwetter which is "sow or pig" weather, which is rainy.
    Henry is going to get me through German, I just know it.

I had my leftover lunch for dinner tonight. It was in a to go box and as I sat on the sofa eating it and watching tv, with Rosie glued to my side, she casually reaches over and grabs the leftover roll out of the box! I mean, RIGHT in front of me!!! She is getting bolder. She used to be sneaky. A couple weeks ago she waited until my back was turned to grab food off my plate, but I saw her in the mirror and whirled and told her to drop it, which she did and then slunk off. Tonight, just took it right under my nose!!!!

Gabriel, I have tried to brush the dog's teeth. Probably something I could post on that site we can't link to here. They are NOT going for it.

Rosie's "look" is also accompanied by indignant snorting and grunting in case the look isn't sufficient to show her displeasure.

ETA: we have also learned the highly entertaining "dickschadel". Get your minds out of the gutter, it means literally "thick skull" or hardheaded. I have been calling Waldo a "dickschadel" for days now and the goof just keeps grinning at me.
    Last edited by MRD; 02-05-2009 at 11:08 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3306670;
    Hey, on my German test today (if I ever go to Germany, I will be able to fluently converse about the weather-Die Sonne es scheint und der Himmel is blau.-I mean really, who talks like that?--- and how Elvis met Pricilla in Wiesbaden) there was a question about whether Hundewetter is good weather or not. Hundewetter translates to Hound weather. I thought of Henry. Henry would think Hundewetter was good because it's hot and sunny. Too hot as Germans do not consider Hundewetter to be good weather. He would not like Sauwetter which is "sow or pig" weather, which is rainy.Henry is going to get me through German, I just know it.
    Maybe you can take him for show and tell sometime! Is "sau" how we got the word "sausage"?

That is hilarious about Rosie. I have started locking our dogs up when I eat because they are not shameful about trying to snatch food. They are not as bad when Mr. Doxie is here, but they team up on me!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3306446;
    Have you tried brushing Monets' teeth?
    I have tried to open his mouth at times and he gets a bit crazed. Whoever had him before the shelter did - definitely abused him. He is very sweet, but loud noises, people, etc. scare him a lot. I may try to brush them sometime and, hopefully, he won't take a chunk out of me.
    Are you able to brush your cats' teeth? I've never been able to do that. If you have some tricks of the trade, please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3306840;
    I have tried to open his mouth at times and he gets a bit crazed. Whoever had him before the shelter did - definitely abused him. He is very sweet, but loud noises, people, etc. scare him a lot. I may try to brush them sometime and, hopefully, he won't take a chunk out of me.
    Are you able to brush your cats' teeth? I've never been able to do that. If you have some tricks of the trade, please advise.
    I do brush Joeys teeeth every other week or so, but in your case I think Monet just needs love and attention and maybe you could find some tartar control treats or give him some dental diet from Friskies once in a while. Oh and don't forget for boys it is best to have food both wet & dry with a low magnesium content to keep the urine acidic to prevent crystal formation and urinary tract blockages.

Big sigh here. I'm going to start doing mastiff rescue. The group (Mastiff Hope) who got me my smooshy are overwhelmed with dogs right now. Actually I'm thinking most of the animal rescue's are, simply because of the economy. So we're going to be a foster home. I'm pretty excited. I've wanted to do something like this for ages! Either animal rescue or foster care for children. DH picked what he saw as the less disruptive of 2
    choices I gave him.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

HOORAY for you! Thank You!

Good for you, livin4!
    Norealityhere, I think BooBoo really might be Monet's sister! They not only look alike, BooBoo also has really stinky breath, even right after she had her teeth cleaned. she's spoiled rotten, lets me do anything else but still won't let me examine her mouth (doing the eyedrops is also really hard, when her eye has problems, almost monthly). I've decided to just let the vet check her teeth when she goes there; I'm not even going to try anymore since she's just being such a cat about it.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Livin, that's fabulous!! Good for you.

Doxie, I never thought about it, but that's probably were sausage comes from.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3307182;
    I do brush Joeys teeeth every other week or so, but in your case I think Monet just needs love and attention and maybe you could find some tartar control treats or give him some dental diet from Friskies once in a while. Oh and don't forget for boys it is best to have food both wet & dry with a low magnesium content to keep the urine acidic to prevent crystal formation and urinary tract blockages.
    Gabriel,
    thanks for the tips. I have given him the dental treats that promise to help his breath and they've kind of worked like mouthwash does on some people - not always great. He does get the wet and dry food - primarily the K-D because of the borderline CRF. I will try the tooth brushing, though, and hope for the best.

QueenB,
    Monet and BooBoo definitely could be related. They are both so beautiful. I wonder if BooBoo is as large as Monet is - just under 16 lbs. !! Monet does seem to be enjoying his life right now, so I am very thankful for that. I also notice that while my prior cats tried getting out of the house every so often, Monet never does that. He knows how good he has it right now.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 02-06-2009 at 02:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread