+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

  1. #11781
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3293674;
    A friend of mine just added this little cutie to her pack of four kids, three cats, numerous fish and one husband!
    That sounds like the circus that we call home.....minus the husband.

    Allie is a cute and you're right about her having "Terrieristic" features. I hope she loves her new life!

  2. #11782
    FORT Fogey Lil Bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,531

    Re: For animal lovers

    She looks like she definitely has some terrier in her. Whatever she is, she's a sweetie.

    Roxie seems to be going through a chewing and destroying phase. At least I hope it's just a phase. I've had to put the lid on the toy box to keep the stuffed animals away from her, yesterday she ripped up a book I was reading that I had borrowed from my daughter, which I will now have to replace, and just now I caught her trying to do the same thing to a pillow that she'd gotten off my bed. How the little scamp got it off my bed I have no idea. She got her scolding and now she's laying beside me on her bed, quietly chewing on one of her toys, trying to look innocent. She'll be a year old next month and she didn't chew on things this much when she was a teething baby. I hope she grows out of it.

  3. #11783
    Resident curmudgeon Newfherder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Enchanted by a beautiful Soprano
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: For animal lovers

    I believe that the politically correct term for the pup is "genetically diverse."
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

  4. #11784
    FORT Fogey ScoutMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,054

    Re: For animal lovers

    Whatever she is, she's absolutely adorable so does it really matter? I like mutts the best!

  5. #11785
    FORT Fogey famita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,775

    Re: For animal lovers

    Lil bit, could you have "done something" to your poor puppy to tick her off? Mine used to chew just my things when I'd upset her. My kids could leave stuff all over their floors, but she'd have to dig under the pillow to get at my pjs.

  6. #11786
    FORT Fogey brunette trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: For animal lovers

    That puppy is adorable, doxie. She looks like a Heinz 57 breed to me.


    My newest addition Polamalu the chihauhau is doing so well, he's the most cheerful dog I've ever had. He never growls, rarely barks, and is always up for some playtime. I'm so thankful that he ended up with me.

    I'm still trying to find out why my computer and camera won't acknowledge each other, as soon as I do I will post some pictures.

  7. #11787
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3293674;
    A friend of mine just added this little cutie to her pack of four kids, three cats, numerous fish and one husband! The puppy was rescued by my friend's oldest son and has been named Allie. She's about 3 months old. We're all guessing what kind of dog she is. I'm thinking that she has "Terrieristic" ears, nose and tail and her feet look like they should be on a basset hound! What do y'all think?
    What a cutie. But the feet do not go with the rest of the body. Going to be interesting to see what she grows up as.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  8. #11788
    In My Nest doxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sweet dreams are made of cheese....
    Posts
    1,264

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3293687;
    That sounds like the circus that we call home.....minus the husband.
    Allie is a cute and you're right about her having "Terrieristic" features. I hope she loves her new life!
    My friend's husband is joking about leaving if another critter comes into their house!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3294000;
    She looks like she definitely has some terrier in her. Whatever she is, she's a sweetie.

    Roxie seems to be going through a chewing and destroying phase.
    Good luck with that. Our dogs are not big chewers but my parents' Springer Spaniel went through a chewing phase when he was about Roxie's age. He chomped up my Dad's wallet (with cash and credit cards) and he got one of my mother's lipsticks and literally "wrote on the wall" with it. I have several books that are missing covers and pages due to that dog too! This "phase" only lasted about six months although the dog (he's about 6 now) STILL cannot be trusted around food. I saw him stick his giant slobbery lips into a bowl of nuts at Christmas.... He licked the salt off and then casually walked away. No one else believed me, so I just watched gleefully as they enjoyed the nuts!

    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3294013;
    I believe that the politically correct term for the pup is "genetically diverse."
    Yep, she is certainly diverse! Maybe "hybreed" is a good term as well?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3294038;
    Whatever she is, she's absolutely adorable so does it really matter? I like mutts the best!
    I like the mutts too. I just think it's fun to guess!

    Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3294211;
    That puppy is adorable, doxie. She looks like a Heinz 57 breed to me.

    My newest addition Polamalu the chihauhau is doing so well, he's the most cheerful dog I've ever had. He never growls, rarely barks, and is always up for some playtime. I'm so thankful that he ended up with me.

    I'm still trying to find out why my computer and camera won't acknowledge each other, as soon as I do I will post some pictures.
    Polamula is probably MORE thankful that he ended up with you! Can't wait to see pics of that sweet boy.

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3295171;
    What a cutie. But the feet do not go with the rest of the body. Going to be interesting to see what she grows up as.
    Someone told my friend that Allie's feet look like Great Dane feet!!!!

    I think this is my longest post EVER! Henry is now scheduled for his annual checkup, a teeth cleaning and () a weigh-in next week. I'll report back on the weigh-in, but Henry is a "longtime" favorite at the vet and one of the techs there said she would give him his shots and clip his nails while he was "out" for the dental.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

  9. #11789
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3296033;
    but Henry is a "longtime" favorite at the vet and one of the techs there said she would give him his shots and clip his nails while he was "out" for the dental.
    I caught the pun

  10. #11790
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: For animal lovers

    BT I'm so glad that this story has such a happy ending. I am sure your little guy is thankful you rescued him. Good for you. There is a place in heaven for people like you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.