+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3293674;
    A friend of mine just added this little cutie to her pack of four kids, three cats, numerous fish and one husband!
    That sounds like the circus that we call home.....minus the husband.

Allie is a cute and you're right about her having "Terrieristic" features. I hope she loves her new life!

She looks like she definitely has some terrier in her. Whatever she is, she's a sweetie.

Roxie seems to be going through a chewing and destroying phase. At least I hope it's just a phase. I've had to put the lid on the toy box to keep the stuffed animals away from her, yesterday she ripped up a book I was reading that I had borrowed from my daughter, which I will now have to replace, and just now I caught her trying to do the same thing to a pillow that she'd gotten off my bed. How the little scamp got it off my bed I have no idea. She got her scolding and now she's laying beside me on her bed, quietly chewing on one of her toys, trying to look innocent. She'll be a year old next month and she didn't chew on things this much when she was a teething baby. I hope she grows out of it.

I believe that the politically correct term for the pup is "genetically diverse."
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Whatever she is, she's absolutely adorable so does it really matter? I like mutts the best!

Lil bit, could you have "done something" to your poor puppy to tick her off? Mine used to chew just my things when I'd upset her. My kids could leave stuff all over their floors, but she'd have to dig under the pillow to get at my pjs.

That puppy is adorable, doxie. She looks like a Heinz 57 breed to me.

My newest addition Polamalu the chihauhau is doing so well, he's the most cheerful dog I've ever had. He never growls, rarely barks, and is always up for some playtime. I'm so thankful that he ended up with me.

I'm still trying to find out why my computer and camera won't acknowledge each other, as soon as I do I will post some pictures.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3293674;
    A friend of mine just added this little cutie to her pack of four kids, three cats, numerous fish and one husband! The puppy was rescued by my friend's oldest son and has been named Allie. She's about 3 months old. We're all guessing what kind of dog she is. I'm thinking that she has "Terrieristic" ears, nose and tail and her feet look like they should be on a basset hound! What do y'all think?
    What a cutie. But the feet do not go with the rest of the body. Going to be interesting to see what she grows up as.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3293687;
    That sounds like the circus that we call home.....minus the husband.
    Allie is a cute and you're right about her having "Terrieristic" features. I hope she loves her new life!
    My friend's husband is joking about leaving if another critter comes into their house!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3294000;
    She looks like she definitely has some terrier in her. Whatever she is, she's a sweetie.

Roxie seems to be going through a chewing and destroying phase.
    Good luck with that. Our dogs are not big chewers but my parents' Springer Spaniel went through a chewing phase when he was about Roxie's age. He chomped up my Dad's wallet (with cash and credit cards) and he got one of my mother's lipsticks and literally "wrote on the wall" with it. I have several books that are missing covers and pages due to that dog too! This "phase" only lasted about six months although the dog (he's about 6 now) STILL cannot be trusted around food. I saw him stick his giant slobbery lips into a bowl of nuts at Christmas.... He licked the salt off and then casually walked away. No one else believed me, so I just watched gleefully as they enjoyed the nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3294013;
    I believe that the politically correct term for the pup is "genetically diverse."
    Yep, she is certainly diverse! Maybe "hybreed" is a good term as well?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3294038;
    Whatever she is, she's absolutely adorable so does it really matter? I like mutts the best!
    I like the mutts too. I just think it's fun to guess!

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3294211;
    That puppy is adorable, doxie. She looks like a Heinz 57 breed to me.

My newest addition Polamalu the chihauhau is doing so well, he's the most cheerful dog I've ever had. He never growls, rarely barks, and is always up for some playtime. I'm so thankful that he ended up with me.

I'm still trying to find out why my computer and camera won't acknowledge each other, as soon as I do I will post some pictures.
    Polamula is probably MORE thankful that he ended up with you! Can't wait to see pics of that sweet boy.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3295171;
    What a cutie. But the feet do not go with the rest of the body. Going to be interesting to see what she grows up as.
    Someone told my friend that Allie's feet look like Great Dane feet!!!!

I think this is my longest post EVER! Henry is now scheduled for his annual checkup, a teeth cleaning and () a weigh-in next week. I'll report back on the weigh-in, but Henry is a "longtime" favorite at the vet and one of the techs there said she would give him his shots and clip his nails while he was "out" for the dental.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3296033;
    but Henry is a "longtime" favorite at the vet and one of the techs there said she would give him his shots and clip his nails while he was "out" for the dental.
    I caught the pun

MRD

BT I'm so glad that this story has such a happy ending. I am sure your little guy is thankful you rescued him. Good for you. There is a place in heaven for people like you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread