+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

FOURTEEN Puppies??? OMG!!! But a great ending as it sounds as if they got help with the care and are able to adopt them out. But good for them for rescuing her in her time of need. Better to have had them at their home, than on the side of the road.

Unk, I can't believe how much bigger one is than the other. (I'm sorry, I can't tell them apart). They are adorable boys though.

Bogie's infection is clearing up rather well. he's still on the antibiotics, but the horrible smell is gone. So we will move to the next step next week probably.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Unk - I just love that picture. The closest my three get to snuggling - well, if you can call opposite ends of the couch snuggling - well, just forget I even mentioned it!

MRD - I'm glad Bogie is on the mend. It's just no fun when our furry friends are under the weather!

I saw a story on the Today show this morning about a couple who just had their dog cloned. It cost them 150 thousand dollars! His name is Lancelot Encore and he's a gorgeous puppy but I keep thinking how much good that 150 grand would have done if donated to a shelter or the ASPCA.

I've never gotten into the idea of cloning your pets though. I guess because I feel like my pets are part of the family. An irreplaceable part. I suppose they can spend their money any way they like but it seems foolish to me.

MRD

Me too Lil' Bit. As much as I love my dogs, I don't think the cloned one would ever be the same as the original. I could do a LOT with $150,000 though, like you said, give it to the humane society, or something.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I agree about the money, that is a ridiculous thing to spend it on on my opinion. And it worries me anyway--this is not something in a sci-fi flick, so in reality only the DNA is replicated, not the personality and not the exact color pattern, if it is a multi colored animal. So if the animal doesn't act or look exactly like the other, will the owner like it less? I think they would have been better off going back to the original breeder and buying a pup.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3291762;
    Hang in there Cootie.

The boys got caught doing some cuddling this morning.

Keep the pictures coming Unklescott.... I love them

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3291791;
    Unk, I can't believe how much bigger one is than the other. (I'm sorry, I can't tell them apart). They are adorable boys though.

Bogie's infection is clearing up rather well. he's still on the antibiotics, but the horrible smell is gone. So we will move to the next step next week probably.
    Just like the original Laurel & Hardy. Laurel is the smaller one and Hardy is the bigger one.

I'm glad Bogie is doing better.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3291791;
    FOURTEEN Puppies??? OMG!!! But a great ending as it sounds as if they got help with the care and are able to adopt them out. But good for them for rescuing her in her time of need. Better to have had them at their home, than on the side of the road.

I am sooo happy you woke up at 3:30 that morning and went with you instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3291762;
    Hang in there Cootie.

The boys got caught doing some cuddling this morning.

Busted! They are adorable, Unk.

A friend of mine just added this little cutie to her pack of four kids, three cats, numerous fish and one husband! The puppy was rescued by my friend's oldest son and has been named Allie. She's about 3 months old. We're all guessing what kind of dog she is. I'm thinking that she has "Terrieristic" ears, nose and tail and her feet look like they should be on a basset hound! What do y'all think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread