+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1385Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3288314;
    Those "cat house" pictures are hilarious! And I thought that our dogs were spoiled! Henry's "dream house" would probably include heated floors and a cheese-stocked fridge in every room. He'd also leave out the bathing facilities and include a few soft places to collapse in a dramatic heap. Oh - and NO home gym. He wants a chaise lounge in a chintz print.....
    I like Henry's taste. I want one of those too.

Well if my dogs designed a house there would be no stairs and plenty of beds with electric blankets and lots of sofas with overstuffed cushions and blankets piled on them. And a fridge that they could open themselves. Big windows that went to the floor with no blinds on them so they could see out.

Gut, I bet your students will love it. Might even be a project out of it to design homes for different types of people or situations. Have them put themselves into someone else's shoes like a disabled person, or someone who's very atheltic or someone who likes to read, etc. Bet the kids could be even more creative with the idea than I've been.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3288328;
    I like Henry's taste. I want one of those too.

Well if my dogs designed a house there would be no stairs and plenty of beds with electric blankets and lots of sofas with overstuffed cushions and blankets piled on them. And a fridge that they could open themselves. Big windows that went to the floor with no blinds on them so they could see out.
    Our house (NOT designed by dogs as far as I know) already has the windows that go to the floor. Henry and Simon have gotten really good at nudging the blinds aside so that they can see out and I have given up on straightening the blinds out unless we are having company.

Henry would LOVE a fridge that he could open by himself! He'd probably also enjoy lots of long, low counter space which would allow him to fulfill his lifelong dream of actually "cresting" the kitchen counter. He tries really hard, but he's never made it to the top! I'm sure that his house would also have plenty of places to plug in electric blankets and a nice closet for all of his sweaters!!!!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Ours now like to get on the back of the couch to look out the window and I too don't bother to straighten the blinds unless we have company.

The funny thing (funny to me anyway), is that we have a big plate glass window, flanked by two smaller windows that open. When we moved in and bought blinds, I didn't want verticals and I didn't want one long horizontal blind. So we settled on 2 small blinds for the windows that open and one of those stupid pleated paper shades for the middle plate glass window (apologies to anyone that has them, you'll see why I don't like them in a minute). I wanted regular blinds and we spent over an hour in Home Depot while hubby went back and forth pricing and looking at blinds. He wasn't going to pay $80 for 2 sets of large blinds (the dining room windows have the same set up) so we got in a fight in Home Depot. This is when I yelled at him to "get his head out of his ### and choose something". So now that we have these crappy paper blinds that I HATE and that look horrible, the dogs have bent them beyond repair trying to nudge them aside trying to look out the window. Hubby FINALLY admitted he was wrong and we should have gotten blinds for those windows too. I would feel vidicated, but now have to go back to Home Depot and buy the blinds and have him put them up when we should have gotten them to start with.

Once the weather warms up, we will be able to leave the front door open and just have the storm doors and they will be able to STAND at the front door and look out.

The little dogs love the porch as they can stand on it (it's on the 2nd flooor as the way the house is laid out, you must come up the outside set of stairs to get to our front door and porch) and survey the entire neighborhood. They feel VERY tall on the porch.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3289219;
    They feel VERY tall on the porch.
    AND in control, as they should.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

gabriel, everytime I see "the look" I chuckle to myself. Happy playing at Rainbow Bridge Mona!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Mixed up with the sad loss of Tiny last week, I have good news. My Buddy was tested for Feline Leukemia today and a number of other things, and he was negative! He is quite depressed without his Tiny, and was pretty mad about a trip to the vet, but the news is good about his health. My family is thrilled. Again, thanks for the kind words that have helped me through a very tough time. I am still very close to tears over the loss, but am dealing with it.

Cootie - ((Hugs)), I know how hard it is. I am so happy about the good news regarding Buddy. Our other dog is missing Ginger tons and we are considering adopting a companion for him at our local shelter. We have a couple of dogs in mind.
    Hang in there Cootie!

Hang in there Cootie.

The boys got caught doing some cuddling this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3291672;
    Cootie - ((Hugs)), I know how hard it is. I am so happy about the good news regarding Buddy. Our other dog is missing Ginger tons and we are considering adopting a companion for him at our local shelter. We have a couple of dogs in mind.
    Hang in there Cootie!
    I'd suggest a very long dog! Henry is a rescue/shelter dog (although he
    was only at the shelter for one day before he and I met and fell in love ). Any dog that you decide on is going to be a lucky dog. He/she won't replace your sweet Ginger, but WILL be a happy addition to your household. Be sure to post pics when you can.

I've been laughing over a local news story. This wonderful couple rescued a stray dog off of the side of the road (I think they jumped out of their car to save this dog). Two days later, the dog had FOURTEEN puppies.... So now they have 15 dogs. The rescuers took their story to a local shelter and several news stations and they have gotten free vet care and a TON of adoption requests for the pups. Last I heard, the rescuers were keeping
    "Mama" and two of the puppies and had homes lined p for the other 12 puppies as soon as they are old enough.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3291593;
    Mixed up with the sad loss of Tiny last week, I have good news. My Buddy was tested for Feline Leukemia today and a number of other things, and he was negative! He is quite depressed without his Tiny, and was pretty mad about a trip to the vet, but the news is good about his health. My family is thrilled. Again, thanks for the kind words that have helped me through a very tough time. I am still very close to tears over the loss, but am dealing with it.

I'm so glad that Buddy received a clean bill of health!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3291762;
    Hang in there Cootie.

The boys got caught doing some cuddling this morning.

Sooo Cute!

+ Reply to Thread