+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1420Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I am sorry for your loss, Luvsginger.

Luvsginger - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. You'll be in my thoughts.

MRD - I'm glad you got a second opinion. Thinking about it, it makes sense to wait instead of doing surgery on an infected area. I'll be sending good thoughts your way hoping that this problem resolves itself without too much pain for Bogie or too much expense for you.

I'm so sorry, luvsginger
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I'm sorry for your losses, Cootie and Luvsginger.

MRD, always listen to your intuition!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

In EVERYTHING!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Roxie pulled a cute one this morning. They had a puppy on the Today show and he was crying really loudly to be let down. Roxie sat and watched the tv the whole time, tilting her head back and forth the way dogs do, then started growling. After the whining stopped she went to the tv looking for the dog. She spent maybe 5 minutes growling and sniffing around beside the tv with all her hair standing straight up. Never did find that other dog though.

I love when dogs do that! It really is adorable.

Luvsginger - I'm sorry you lost Ginger. All of my dogs are at Rainbow Bridge just waiting to take her and play.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Thanks again for all your messages of sympathy. You are helping me get through a sad time. My daughter is grief-stricken, which makes my sadness intensify, but she is dealing with it. My students at school have been so loving, by word of mouth, many have told their friends and I have had kids as young as 5 stop me and say "I am so sorry for the loss of your cat". I have a daily cat calendar on my desk and now many students think that the cat of the day is my cat. They are funny. Kids sure love animals. I hear their own animal stories nearly every day in my library.

Luvsginger, you are in my thoughts. I am thinking your Ginger and my Tiny may have just met up recently.

luvsginger I am so sorry about your loss. Seems like quite a few new furry friends are making their way to the Rainbow Bridge this winter.

I've a long story to tell, but it does have a happy ending.

I have a new addition to my furry family (through no fault of my own, lol). One of my neighbors abandoned her little chihuahua when she moved out. My landlord had no idea she had left her dog behind (I'm not even sure he knew she had a dog). He went into her apartment to clean it and check for any damage and there was her poor dog. He has no idea how long the poor pup had been left there alone because she left with no notice and her cell phone was out of service when he tried to call her. The little guy hid from my landlord and wouldn't come out.

Knowing I'm an animal person, he asked me if I could try to catch him. I went into her apartment armed with gloves (in case he was a biter), yummies, food and water. I have never seen a more disgusting place in my life. I don't want to gross anyone out, so let's just say I've never seen more trash in one place before. The dog ran away from me, so I just set the food and water down hoping it would tempt him to come close enough so I could catch him. As I turned and starting walking back to the door, he ran over to me whining and crying, and jumping up and down on my legs. I picked him up and he started licking my face. I took him back to my apartment where he instantly made friends with my dogs, Suki and Chico.

So after a bath, food, water, and a vet appt. I have a healthy, happy, and soon to be fixed new family member. I've named him Polamalu (paolo for short), since I got him on the day the Steelers won the AFC championship and Troy Polamalu made an interception and scored a touchdown. I'll post pictures of the little cutie as soon as I can figure out what is wrong with my camera.
    Last edited by brunette trixie; 01-23-2009 at 11:27 PM.

brunette trixie, glad to hear your little Polamalu has a happy new life. Troy grew up in a small town near where I live, as a result there are many Steeler fans in my area... I am sure they would also love your dog rescue story and admire your name choice!

+ Reply to Thread