+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Yes Ginger has many, many friends to romp with at The Rainbow Bridge. Now would be a good time to post that piece again.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

luvsginger It's sad to see our pets leave us I'm sure she had a wonderful life with you.

MRD

Cootie and Luvsginger. I am so, so sorry for your losses. Sending hugs and prayers.

Well we did NOT take Bogie to have surgery today. I woke up at 3:30 this morning and just sat bolt upright in bed KNOWING that I should NOT take him in. Weird I know. But I guess I got to thinking about how the vet reacted and how I felt very rushed into this. So, I called another vet and we took him for a 2nd opinion. He will need his teeth cleaned. And he may need one or two extracted, but this vet wanted to wait and give him antibiotics and clear up the infection first before going in and doing anything. Which is what a human dentist does in the same situation and I think I had that thought in the back of my mind since yesterday.
    He made me feel much better about everything and I just trusted him more.
    So all three are very happy tonight because they got summer sausage as treats. Only one of them had a pill in his and he was so worried about the other 2 that he gobbled it up and didn't try to spit the pill back out. In fact, he never knew a pill was in it.

So hopefully we are doing the right thing. I feel fairly confident we are. The 3:30 wake up call was enough to make me think twice about things. I know the vet is more qualified than I am and knows more about this. But I had to feel comfortable trusting my dog to her and I really didn't. Not that I didn't not trust her. She neutered Waldo and he did fine and everyone there is nice, etc. Still, can't explain it other than gut feeling.

We've been really lucky that all the dogs are healthy and this vet has only seen Bogie 2 times before yesterday (because we moved to a different state 2 years ago) and that was to basically give him his shots and weigh him, check him over, etc. We haven't seen her enough or long enough to really establish a relationship with. But the other vet today, I felt good with right away. I don't know how to explain it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

myrosiedog - call it a parental intuition and good for you. You give Bogie a skritch for me.

luvsginger - I am so sorry.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

luvsginger: Hugs and prayers to you. I know you will dearly miss your Ginger, and I hope that your happy memories of her will bring you comfort.

MRD: I think you did the right thing. "Mother's intuition" is usually correct! I'm glad you are more comfortable with the new vet and that Bogie is on the road to recovery without a major ordeal! Give him a hug for us. I bet that summer sausage did more for him than the pill did.

My mother had oral surgery this morning (she is fine) and I spent the entire afternoon waiting for a phone update from my dad and a computer update on Bogie!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Thanks Gabriel and Doxie. Sorry it took so long Doxie and that's so sweet of you. Glad your mom is ok. I had classes today and then had to swing by financial aid and the bank, then vet and then picked up the family and we went to dinner and then we decided to check out Circuit City because it's going out of business (prices are not that good yet) and this is the first time I've been near a computer all day.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Cootie and luvs, my heart is with you, both.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Cootie and Luvsginger I am so sorry for your loss. Hopefully you have many happy memories of your furry friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3286140;
    Thanks all of you for your concern. I took Tiny to the vet and they were so kind and careful with her. Tiny was very sick, it turns out. I was surprised to find out that she had leukemia and that is probably why her kidneys had failed. She was always a very mellow cat and slept alot in the winter, so her activity level never changed much until 2 days ago. All her purrs were used up. I said goodbye to her, our little queen of the house, and they brought her to me in a box to bury her in my flower garden. She was my daughter's special cat for almost 10 years. We do have a tabby that we got at the same time, and he is a solitary cat now. Sad. I put away her bowl and the blankets she slept on.

The vet assured me that cats hide their illnesses so much that it is often hard to find out they are sick until it is too late. I have never had to do this before, so it is extra hard. Mr. C is out of town and just called, it was hard to tell him without falling apart. We will miss her tiny mew. I will keep her picture up as my avatar for a bit in her honor. She was a sweetie. Thanks again.

Cootie,

I am so sorry for your loss. Rest assured, our furry friends are like that - they had ther illnesses extremely well. I think they know when it's their time and prefer to spend their remaining time with wonderful people like you. Please take solace in knowing that she had you at the end. She will be comforted at the Rainbow Bridge by all our pets who are up there as well.

MRD,
    You have been a very good mother to your babies, so don't beat yourself up over it. Sometime Vets, even the good ones, don't realize that pets hide so much from us. Oh, I just saw your update and am glad you went with your intuition. It's the right thing for Bogie.

LuvsGinge,

I am so sorry for your loss. My Chaucer and Dexterhaven will take good care of your baby on the Rainbow Bridge.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 01-23-2009 at 12:57 AM.

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3286815;
    Well, I lost my beloved Ginger today. I know now that she is at peace and will be a puppy soon running around on freshly cut grass chasing butterflies. I am going to miss her so......

Hugs! So very sorry for your pain. Hold tight to those beloved memories of sweetheart Ginger.

+ Reply to Thread