+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1139Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Taking Bogie to the vet tomorrow. He has always had bad breath, but in the last couple days it has gotten just horrible. His upper gums are very, very, red and nasty looking. He's eating fine and drinking and acting fine, but OH BOY does he smell. The vet can't see him until tomorrow. I'm hopinig he's ok and it's not an abcess. Nothing looks swollen, but then again, I can't get too close a look without him twisting away. But the odor itself means something has to be wrong. This is not normal dog breath.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Here's the stupid move of my day. I haven't been sleeping well and, this morning, while in the bathroom, here comes the regular parade of critters for our morning rituals. I probably had only 1 eye open, but I had Miss Chloe's medication ready to give; she's usually the first in the room. The first gurl stopped at my feet, and I reached down, opened her mouth (with a little bit more resistance than usual), and shoved the pill down her throat. Second gurl enters, and I open my other eye, and HERE COMES MISS CHLOE. As it turns out, I had given Miss Chloes high blood pressure med to Miss Sashay....no wonder there was more resistance! What A Dumb-Arsed Mommy this morning. I've been keeping an eye on her; no ill effects except maybe she is a little thirstier than usual. A pharmacist friend said that I could expect her to be a little more lethargic than usual and, maybe to sleep more, but I don't know how you could tell. She's 12-1/2 years old, and she's sleepy and lethargic anyway! My poor Pooh.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3284160;
    Taking Bogie to the vet tomorrow. He has always had bad breath, but in the last couple days it has gotten just horrible. His upper gums are very, very, red and nasty looking. He's eating fine and drinking and acting fine, but OH BOY does he smell. The vet can't see him until tomorrow. I'm hopinig he's ok and it's not an abcess. Nothing looks swollen, but then again, I can't get too close a look without him twisting away. But the odor itself means something has to be wrong. This is not normal dog breath.
    I'll be thinking about you
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3284400;
    Here's the stupid move of my day. I haven't been sleeping well and, this morning, while in the bathroom, here comes the regular parade of critters for our morning rituals. I probably had only 1 eye open, but I had Miss Chloe's medication ready to give; she's usually the first in the room. The first gurl stopped at my feet, and I reached down, opened her mouth (with a little bit more resistance than usual), and shoved the pill down her throat. Second gurl enters, and I open my other eye, and HERE COMES MISS CHLOE. As it turns out, I had given Miss Chloes high blood pressure med to Miss Sashay....no wonder there was more resistance! What A Dumb-Arsed Mommy this morning. I've been keeping an eye on her; no ill effects except maybe she is a little thirstier than usual. A pharmacist friend said that I could expect her to be a little more lethargic than usual and, maybe to sleep more, but I don't know how you could tell. She's 12-1/2 years old, and she's sleepy and lethargic anyway! My poor Pooh.
    Well hopefully all is well, but the story is too funny.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Thanks Gabriel. Bogie, unlike Waldo, rides well in the car and behaves perfectly by himself, so I should have no problems. I just hope that he doesn't have an abcess or anything. He appears fine. Eating, drinking, playing, etc. Just the stinkiest breath ever.

Prhoshay that sounds like something I would do. I have been known to open up tylenol or benedryl for my daughter and then take it myself.

Maybe his tooth is past the point of hurting and is now just rotting out of his mouth. Worst case, they'll pull it and charge you a fortune for it.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Bug, this dog doesn't feel pain. There have only been a couple instances where he's had to go to the vet or something has happened and you'd not know it because he never acts like any other animal or human who doesn't feel well or is hurt. So I am a tad concerned as who knows how bad it is because he doesn't act like anything's wrong. What I can see of his mouth, is that the top gums are very red and inflamed all around his mouth, but more so on the right side. The bottom gums look pink and healthy. I don't know if it's one tooth or not. He won't let me do a real good exam and quite frankly, I can't hold MY breath long enough to do one, it smells that bad. I'll know tomorrow afternoon.

They really can have horrible breath just like we do when we have decay. Poor guy, I hope he gets it all taken care of!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3284918;
    Bug, this dog doesn't feel pain. There have only been a couple instances where he's had to go to the vet or something has happened and you'd not know it because he never acts like any other animal or human who doesn't feel well or is hurt.
    That's like my Gustav. He had a turned-in eyelid for which he needed surgery (and for which he was sedated) and needed to be re-stitched a few days later. No pain killers, no deadening, and no reaction other than trying to lick the vet. If anyone came near my eyes with a needle, I'd scream bloody murder!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

My Tiny cat is having problems. For the last few days she has been walking very slowly, stares at her water bowl for at least 10 minutes before drinking and is not eating much. She is 10 years old, we feed her dry food only. She is mostly an inside cat in the winter, mostly outside in the summer. So her inactivity is almost normal right now, but the staring at the water bowl is scary. Have any of you experienced this with a cat? I plan to call the vet tomorrow, but thought you all might know something about this type of behavior.

+ Reply to Thread