+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Bella - Happy Day! - you cutie you
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Happy adoption day Bella!

I have the best dog in the whole world. Her name is Ginger. We adopted her as a full grown adult about 5yrs ago. She was already fixed when we got her but I really hope that she was able to have a litter and raise them before she was fixed. She would have made the best mother. She has raised countless kittens. It seems if there is a pregnant stray cat within ten miles it will come to my house to deliver. Ginger always puts up with them. She will even guard her food bowl from the neighbors dog so the strays get to eat first.

Ginger is allowed in the house anytime she scratches on the door to be let in but for the most part she prefers to stay on the porch. With the freezing temps we've been having we have all begged her to come inside but she just wags her tail at us and won't come in. She's a collie mixed with golden retriever so she is really shaggy. She usually only likes to come in during the hottest part of summer. We've made sure she has plenty of blankets to sleep on and I can only guess that she's still comfortable as she won't come inside.
    Well tonight I let the pyscho cat go outside. A little while later I was carving our roast and I heard the cat meow. I was going to let her in as soon as I was done. A minute later Ginger scratched on the door. My husband opened it thinking Ginger had reached the point of freezing and ready to come in. Instead the cat came strolling in. Ginger just sat there and wagged her tail when my husband asked her to come in. Ginger scratched on the door for the cat!! How sweet is that?!
    Of course we can't help but think that Ginger was really saying, "Get this heathen off my porch!"
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Happy New Life Day to sweet Bella
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;3281412;
    Ginger scratched on the door for the cat!! How sweet is that?!
    Of course we can't help but think that Ginger was really saying, "Get this heathen off my porch!"
    That is hilarious! Ginger sounds like a wonderful dog!

Miss Kitty: Happy adoption day to Bella - she is precious!

Gabriel: I loved the condo story. Joey is lucky to have a Daddy like you who takes the time to "customize" his condo...

So, today, we were cleaning up and rearranging my "office"/place where I sit on my butt and check out FORT. Henry has always had a bed under my desk and he spends a lot of time snoozing in there - we call it his tunnel Today, as we were moving stuff around, it dawned on me that if we turned the computer around, the warm air blowing out the back of it would blow into Henry's tunnel...... Needless to say, the addition of heat to the tunnel has been VERY popular with Mr. Longfellow. I think he might like it more than the electric blanket!!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3281625;

So, today, we were cleaning up and rearranging my "office"/place where I sit on my butt and check out FORT. Henry has always had a bed under my desk and he spends a lot of time snoozing in there - we call it his tunnel Today, as we were moving stuff around, it dawned on me that if we turned the computer around, the warm air blowing out the back of it would blow into Henry's tunnel...... Needless to say, the addition of heat to the tunnel has been VERY popular with Mr. Longfellow. I think he might like it more than the electric blanket!!
    I just got the "Longfellow" part...Is that how Henry got his name?
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3281628;
    I just got the "Longfellow" part...Is that how Henry got his name?
    It's a LONG story .... When we adopted him, the shelter had named him "Tag" which didn't seem to fit him at all. The name "Henry" just kind of popped into my head - I didn't know anyone named that and I thought it kind of fit him, so we re-named him. THEN, about a week later (after we realized the extent of his length ) it occurred to us that Henry Waddlesworth Longfellow should be his full name.

Oh - and I should add that Mr. Doxie and I have different last names - and our vet apparently got tired of trying to figure this out. We now get mail from the vet addressed to Henry W. Longfellow!!!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3281639;

Oh - and I should add that Mr. Doxie and I have different last names - and our vet apparently got tired of trying to figure this out. We now get mail from the vet addressed to Henry W. Longfellow!!!
    This is funny.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Doxie, that is funny that Henry has a different last name and gets mail with it.

Gabriel, I am laughing my butt off at the cat condo remodeling that has been done and Joey is still not happy. Maybe he wants it a different color????

Happy anniversary to Miss Kitty and Bella.

It was sleeting/snowing this morning. Rosie took one look and not only said NO, but HE** NO, I'm not going out. The boys didn't care at all. Daddy forced Rosie out and she was NOT happy. She's been on the electric mattress pad all day.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

This one goes under strange dog behavior.

I was in the bathroom, left the door partially open and Bogie comes trotting in, right past me and straight to the shower where he stands and stares in it. Then he turns around and trots back past me. Considering that he hates being bathed and that's where it happens, I have no clue what that was all about. Maybe a dare by Waldo???
    He usually avoids going near the shower on the few occasions he does venture into the bathroom.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That would be a double-dog dare!!!

+ Reply to Thread