+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1420Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Love the idea, Gabriel. My kitties were all lined up in front of the fireplace last night. They were all stretched out soaking up the heat. They're just SO adorable!!!

The colder the weather, the more of my lap our dog takes up. Normally not a cuddler, its nice sitting here with a 70 lb pup in my lap.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3279917;
    Love the idea, Gabriel. My kitties were all lined up in front of the fireplace last night. They were all stretched out soaking up the heat. They're just SO adorable!!!
    I've got my apartment at 70 as usual but joey has been sleeping more under the spot light in the tree lamp I have by "his end table" with the nice fresh fluffy towels on it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

2 of my gurls enjoy lying on the electric blanket, whether it's on or not. #3 doesn't care a lot for the electric blanket, preferring the cooler, smooth sheets, however she really likes to stretch out next to the electric radiator heaters for naps. I keep my temp at 67 (with a window slightly cracked open), with warm mist humidifiers running throughout the house. It's 6 degrees out there today, having gone to
    -2 last night.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3279933;
    I've got my apartment at 70 as usual but joey has been sleeping more under the spot light in the tree lamp I have by "his end table" with the nice fresh fluffy towels on it.
    Did Joey not ever move in to that great cat condo that you got for him awhile back?
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3280875;
    Did Joey not ever move in to that great cat condo that you got for him awhile back?
    Well that "condo" is another story. So sit right back and I'll tell you a tale.

First off it had railings on 3 sides with a ladder to go up to go on top, of course that side was open, but to jump up he had to stand a ways back. (too much work and of course when is the last time you saw a cat use a ladder to go on something that he can see over when he is standing?)

But anyway, so I took 2 of the 3 railings off and he now uses the condo to jump from the floor to his table by the bedroom window because the condo is about 2 inches lower than the nightstand he used to jump on to get to the table. Okay- so now I have seen him sitting in front of and staring into the condo, I figure he will not go in because the little arched shaped doorway is too short and he has to crouch, so Daddy here now removes the sides and top of the arch doorway to just make it a larger SQUARE opening.

OKAY - So Daddy shows this to Joey and pushes joey into the condo (where there is a NICE FLUFFY TOWEL) Joey immediately runs out and into his carrier and goes to sleep.

Forward to another day - Daddy goes into the bedroom and sees joey just sitting IN the condo -- EUREKA! we have success. WRONG! Joey sees Daddy and hears "Good Boy, you like your house?" and runs out of it and goes into the carrier and GLARES at Daddy..

That is the end of the story so far.

I recently re-lit the pilot on the heater as I was getting tired of heating my apartment with the oven. Princess will shove her entire behind as close to that heater pilot as she can and I am always worried she's going to burn herself but she never has.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3281046;
    Well that "condo" is another story. So sit right back and I'll tell you a tale.

First off it had railings on 3 sides with a ladder to go up to go on top, of course that side was open, but to jump up he had to stand a ways back. (too much work and of course when is the last time you saw a cat use a ladder to go on something that he can see over when he is standing?)

But anyway, so I took 2 of the 3 railings off and he now uses the condo to jump from the floor to his table by the bedroom window because the condo is about 2 inches lower than the nightstand he used to jump on to get to the table. Okay- so now I have seen him sitting in front of and staring into the condo, I figure he will not go in because the little arched shaped doorway is too short and he has to crouch, so Daddy here now removes the sides and top of the arch doorway to just make it a larger SQUARE opening.

OKAY - So Daddy shows this to Joey and pushes joey into the condo (where there is a NICE FLUFFY TOWEL) Joey immediately runs out and into his carrier and goes to sleep.

Forward to another day - Daddy goes into the bedroom and sees joey just sitting IN the condo -- EUREKA! we have success. WRONG! Joey sees Daddy and hears "Good Boy, you like your house?" and runs out of it and goes into the carrier and GLARES at Daddy..

That is the end of the story so far.
    but I'm sure not the finale by any means. He's just about got you trained.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3281100;
    I recently re-lit the pilot on the heater as I was getting tired of heating my apartment with the oven. Princess will shove her entire behind as close to that heater pilot as she can and I am always worried she's going to burn herself but she never has.
    Princess is not stupid, you know. She knows when things are getting too intense!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

One year ago today, I got in my car and drove through a blizzard to the other side of town to meet and adopt my Beloved Baby BELLA!! It was love at first sight. And I wanted to adopt her brother Mario and other brother Sammy too, but they were taken. She has given me, Mr. Tootles and Gracie such unconditional love and joy I cannot imagine our home without her and her little baby Bella ways. We all love you Bella!

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread