+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Bunny: We're thinking of you and Fluffy. How is she? I think it is wonderful that you've been taking her to visit her former owner. We have an elderly friend (my third grade teacher ) who is in a retirement home. Every time we visit her, she tells us about the "pet therapy" group that brings dogs to visit with the residents about once a month. I think she enjoys that more than when we visit! I've thought about getting permission to take Henry to see her (she is a big Henry fan - has his photos on her bulletin board and loves hearing about his "adventures"). However, she has a portable electric blanket AND her room is located very close to the dining room..... I'm afraid that once Henry got wind of that "good life" he might not want to come home with us!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I'm sorry to report that we lost Fluffy yesterday. The vet was shocked to see how fast she had deteriorated in such a short time. Her lungs were filled with fluid and her heart rate was extremely slow. She seemed to know that the Vet was there and that everything possible was being done for her. She laid down for the first time in two days (She had spent the previous 48 hours sleeping in a sitting position with her head hung low). Her breathing was becoming strained and we all just sat with her. She purred til the very end as we stroked her- that is the most comforting thing to me. Eventually her breathing slowed and then she was gone. She left our lives as suddenly as she entered. She wasn't with us for long but she impacted all of us and we're better for having had the chance to share in just a little bit of her life. Thank you for all your prayers.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3273377;
    I'm sorry to report that we lost Fluffy yesterday. The vet was shocked to see how fast she had deteriorated in such a short time. Her lungs were filled with fluid and her heart rate was extremely slow. She seemed to know that the Vet was there and that everything possible was being done for her. She laid down for the first time in two days (She had spent the previous 48 hours sleeping in a sitting position with her head hung low). Her breathing was becoming strained and we all just sat with her. She purred til the very end as we stroked her- that is the most comforting thing to me. Eventually her breathing slowed and then she was gone. She left our lives as suddenly as she entered. She wasn't with us for long but she impacted all of us and we're better for having had the chance to share in just a little bit of her life. Thank you for all your prayers.
    Bunny, I'm sure that Fluffy was better for having shared the last bit of her life with you and your family too. I'm so sorry to hear of her loss and I know she'll be missed greatly. Your family is in my prayers.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Bunny555 I know that Fluffy has been met at the Rainbow Bridge by my Mona, misskittys Snowflake, Unklescotts Tigger and a host of others who have gone on before. Please know that you and Fluffy will be in my thoughts today.

Thank You doxie and gabriel.....Even the dogs are missing Fluffy's presence here.....They all had issues with her but every one of them has been holding court right outside of the room where she passed.
    CYA

I'm sorry to see this, but glad to know Fluffy went gently, with you there to help. It doesn't matter how long you have an animal--they move into your heart quickly.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Bunny, I'm so sorry about Fluffy, but I'm sure she knew that her life with you was a good one and bless you for taking her in because too many pets end up in shelter's because the elderly owners have to go into care facilities. You did a wonderful thing and I'm sure that Fluffy knew it and your being with her and stroking her were probably very comforting to her as well.

My heart goes out to you and your family today.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Aww Bunny, I was so sorry to read of Fluffy's passing. Its comforting to know that she went peacefully and with loving family beside her.

Bless you and your family for taking care of her and bless that vet for being so fantastic!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Finally got some of my Christmas photos uploaded.

Waldo waiting on the stairs (his hair is growing back)

Rosie wants what Santa brought

Getting their stocking goodies

Getting attention from mom

ETA: I use photo bucket and I don't understand why the photos are so HUGE when I post them here.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Bunny I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like Fluffy went through the same thing Tigger did. Tiggs was 17 and it's common on the older cats.

MRD under the box on Photobucket where you enter your files to download click on the drop down menu where it says reduce to and choose the option 640 x 480 (Large). This is 633 x 480.

+ Reply to Thread