+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3269612;
    We had our visit with the vet today and Fluffy is in the early stages of kidney failure
    I'm so very sorry to hear such sad news. Know that you are being the best mom ever to Fluffy and even though she is sick, your love, kindness, and care will keep her very happy in the days to come. I wish there was more that I could do for you! Sending prayers and healing energy!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

We had our visit with the vet today and Fluffy is in the early stages of kidney failure I was afraid of that but tried to hold out hope that it was something less severe that was easily treatable. She's only been with us for a few months and never really seemed to get over leaving the home she had lived in for 15 years. We've taken her a few times to visit the woman who raised and loved her for all those years in the convalescent home and she purrs like a baby every time. It's a shame that the two of them couldn't live out their years together but we will do whatever we can to help her at this point and make her feel loved.

As for the mobile vet.....I don't know how I ever managed before I found them. Our dogs love to run out and greet anyone who pulls into the driveway but they take one look at that van with the puppies and kittens painted on the side and they literally trip over themselves and each other to race back into the house.
    Bunny555 I am so sorry to read about Fluffy. It is sad. Thank You for taking care of Fluffy in her last times. You are a special person.

Bunny, I'm sorry to hear the news about Fluffy.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

We had our visit with the vet today and Fluffy is in the early stages of kidney failure I was afraid of that but tried to hold out hope that it was something less severe that was easily treatable. She's only been with us for a few months and never really seemed to get over leaving the home she had lived in for 15 years. We've taken her a few times to visit the woman who raised and loved her for all those years in the convalescent home and she purrs like a baby every time. It's a shame that the two of them couldn't live out their years together but we will do whatever we can to help her at this point and make her feel loved.

As for the mobile vet.....I don't know how I ever managed before I found them. Our dogs love to run out and greet anyone who pulls into the driveway but they take one look at that van with the puppies and kittens painted on the side and they literally trip over themselves and each other to race back into the house.

As Unklescott said - IV fluid treatments that you can do at home is an easy way to make CRF kitties comfortable. My cat B. is 15 and has had CRF for 5 years. She is still healthy, eating, and even put on 3/4 of a pound lately.
    Not all cats respond to treatment. Our ShyAnn was treated the same as B. but passed rather quick.
    Yahoo has several great CRF support groups. Although be carefull in there, since there are some {IMP} that go to far with treatments. If nothing else you can read up on what to expect and when to stop treatment.
    PM if you wish for any help. Good luck to you all as you deal with this sad time. Been through this for years, so keep strong, and hugs to Fluffy!

Thank You All for you kind wishes for Fluffy....your advice is immeasurable at this time. She is not having a good night. I've put her bed on the floor as she's not even tried to jump into it on the counter like she usually does. She has had little interest in food today except for a few pieces of tuna. She's been sleeping on and off for most of the day. Our Vet does make after hours house calls and I'm waiting to hear back from her right now as I'd rather be overly cautious than feel that I didn't do enough for this sweet girl.
    CYA

Hugs to Bunny & Fluffy!

I'm very sorry to hear that Fluffy is having a tough day, but glad to know that you have an off-hours vet
    who does house calls. I was wondering if she's been drinking water today, and if she's on new medication
    which she might need a little time to adjust to.

I've given cats water with canned/pouch cat food juice (or tuna water) to give it an enticing smell, in a bowl and offered it to them. I've even given cats water with a kitten bottle, or even a syringe without a needle, a couple drops at a time on their tongue or at their lips.

But obviously, your vet will know what's best.

I'll be sending you both healing energy.

The Vet is pulling into the driveway right now....at 4:00 a.m.......Night all.....
    CYA

Bunny--we're sending purrs and prayers; bless you for taking care of your old friend.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Bunny. I hope all is well. Let us know what the vet says.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

I LOVE your vet! I hope that she was able to make Fluffy more comfy lastnight.

If you are still doing treatment, I forgot to say, put Fluffy on 5mg everyday of Pepcid - Original. They come in 10 mg - just cut in half. If you can't pill her, simply grind fine and put into a syring add water and give. CRF kitty tummys make triple the amount of acid, which makes them feel evey sick and not eat. ALso start giving her sryings of water.

Hope all is well. Bless you for taking such good care!

+ Reply to Thread