+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3263425;

Here are a few of Henry & Simon enjoying the Christmas festivities!
    It sure looks like Simon and Henry made it onto Santa's "Nice" list this year.
    CYA

Boy oh boy Simon and Henry DID make it onto Santas nice list...

MRD

Miss Kitty, Bella's sibling is gorgeous. Both are just beautiful cats and should be in commercials.

Doxie, love the photos, especially the one of Simon looking at the camera. It's like he's saying, "what do you want? I have presents here!"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3263469;
    straycat...still waiting for an update about your baby...
    We have a vet appointment on Wednesday so we'll see what he has to say then. We live in a small town, there are only two vets in the area and I will only go to one, the other one I don't like.
    Thanks for asking. I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3263749;
    We have a vet appointment on Wednesday so we'll see what he has to say then. We live in a small town, there are only two vets in the area and I will only go to one, the other one I don't like.
    Thanks for asking. I'll let you know.
    Sounds good, and i agree, only take your baby to a vet you like/trust.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3263545;
    Boy oh boy Simon and Henry DID make it onto Santas nice list...
    They also have two sets of "grandparents" who give Santa a run for his money in the spoiling department!

MRD: That picture of Simon is the ONLY "good" picture that we've managed to take of him in several years. He hates the camera but we managed to catch him off guard in that one.

Straycat Keep us posted on your kitty. I hope that all goes well and there is nothing seriously wrong.

Tomorrow is the 7th anniversary of Henry's adoption! It doesn't seem like it has been that "loooooong" since he waddled into our lives and completely claimed our hearts (and our couch, our bed, and our electric blanket!).
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I was on our local Shelter website last night and I could not believe how many horses they had! The poor creatures were so thin you could see their ribs and they just looked so weak. How in the world does someone decide to own a horse and then let it get to the point of near death? They had little ones too, just 8 months old and skinny as rails. I just don't understand people sometimes.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I was finally able to make to the humane society last Saturday. My son's gf wants a cat and I wanted to look at the doggies. There were a few "stories" posted about each pet's past and I got so sad thinking about the ones who's parents got little kiddies and didn't have the time for their pet any more. I had a hard time with that excuse. So, rather than get a new pet, I'm going to volunteer. I think I can handle that!

My daughter volunteers at an animal shelter. She walks the dogs. It satisfies her need to rescue every animal she sees (which she's not able to do financially) and also gives her an excuse to exercise. Plus, she get's comp time at work for every hour that she volunteers and her employer also donates money for her time too. She really loves it. I'd love to do it myself, but the closest animal shelter to me is about 70 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3266751;
    I was finally able to make to the humane society last Saturday. My son's gf wants a cat and I wanted to look at the doggies. There were a few "stories" posted about each pet's past and I got so sad thinking about the ones who's parents got little kiddies and didn't have the time for their pet any more. I had a hard time with that excuse. So, rather than get a new pet, I'm going to volunteer. I think I can handle that!
    So many people are giving away their pets due to having children. The thing that kills me is there are many dogs/cats that aren't even a whole year old and this is the excuse they are giving as to why they can't keep the pet. Clearly they were pregnant before they bought or adopted their pet. Should have thought about how it would effect their lives once the baby was born instead of giving the animal a home and then deciding they can't afford or don't have time for the animal.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread