Re: For animal lovers

They got the horses out safely!!

Edm200.jpg

edmontonsun.com - Canada- Trapped horses out
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Yay! A happy ending!

This is a dog who knew what he wanted. I shop at this store periodically and the pet aisle is not close to the door he came in. There is a video in the link that has part of the surveillance video.

ksl.com - Furry thief grabs Christmas present out of grocery store aisle

Furry thief grabs Christmas present out of grocery store aisle
    December 24th, 2008 @ 5:11pm
    By John Hollenhorst

Murray, Utah -- Some people just can't wait to open their Christmas presents. That apparently was the case with a short and very fast thief who went to a store in Murray, grabbed a present and made a clean getaway on all fours.

At Smith's Food & Drug in Murray, a popular place these days is the manager's office, where they have the surveillance video. "You had to see to believe it, but it happened. So, it's crazy," said Tracy Jacobson, with Smith's Food & Drug.

A suspicious character entered through the front door. "I've never seen him shop in here before; brand new customer, didn't even have his Fresh Value card," store manager Roger Adamson said.

What happened next is already becoming legend. "I mean, how likely is that? For a dog to walk into a store, go down the pet aisle, get his bone and walk out?" Jacobson said.

Let's reconstruct the crime a step at a time: Entering at the checkout area, the dog approached a young girl. "He just kind of sniffed the customer up, and then headed down the aisle," Adamson said.

At that point, he had a decision to make: Left? No dog food. Right? Dog food. He turned right and went straight to aisle 16, the dog food aisle.

There are so many fun Christmas presents he could have picked, but he seemed to know exactly what he was after. He grabbed a rawhide bone and headed down the aisle, only to be confronted by the manager.

"I looked at him. I said, ‘Drop it!'" Adamson said. "I decided I wanted to keep all my fingers, so I didn't try to take it from him. He looked at me, and I looked at him, and he ran for the door and away he went, right out the front door."

Marshall Tanner with Alpha Dog Training says the culprit's sense of smell is 100,000 times better than the typical crook.

"[He] smelled the rawhide bone, grabbed it and walked out of the store, thereby being a shoplifting dog!" Tanner said.

At last word, the dog was still at large, presumably enjoying his Christmas gift. "He's enjoying the heck out of it," Tanner said.

The value of that bone is $2.79. Merry Christmas, Balto, wherever you are!

That is hysterical! I hope that dog is enjoying his loot! Henry always tries to wedge himself under the shelves at Petsmart because there are pieces of dog food and bones and all sorts of goodies under there. He thinks it is an all you can eat buffet!

Merry Christmas to all of you and your furry ones!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Merry Christmas to all, from Little Thing and me!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3257462;
    This is a dog who knew what he wanted. I shop at this store periodically and the pet aisle is not close to the door he came in. There is a video in the link that has part of the surveillance video.

ksl.com - Furry thief grabs Christmas present out of grocery store aisle
    I saw that on tv...he's hilarious! You can tell the dog knew where to go and got his own Xmas treat! Too cute!

----------------

Here's a link to the Top 10 Pet moments in 2008!! Worth viewing. God bless our pets!

- Prince Chunk
    - Presidentials Shibu Inu puppies
    - Yoda the Cat
    - Faith the Dog
    - Booger the Cloned Dog
    - Cadbury the Cat
    - Freekibble.com and Freekibblekat.com
    - Ratchet, the dog from Iraq
    - Buddy the Dog

Top 10 Pet Moments of 2008! | Pets in the News | Photos | PEOPLE Pets
    -----------------

Also, Good news for Michael Vick's dogs... a happy update...Worth Checking out too!
    Michael Vicks Dogs: Where Are They Now? | Heart-Warming | Photos | PEOPLE Pets
    Last edited by misskitty; 12-26-2008 at 04:20 PM.

I saw that on tv...he's hilarious! You can tell the dog knew where to go and got his own Xmas treat! Too cute!
    I love that this little story made it all the way to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3257802;
    I love that this little story made it all the way to Canada.
    It made it all the way to Alabama too! That video was on our local news tonight!

Henry and Simon had a nice Christmas. Simon tore through his gifts and then hid them as he always does. Henry opened one gift - a rawhide "candy cane" and he didn't want anything else! We finally got him to open the rest of his presents (will post pictures later). Mr. Doxie bought him a velvet PILLOW that is shaped like a bone and says "Good Doggie" on it.... Henry seems quite pleased with that! And, he lurked under the table during Christmas dinner and I caught my father sneaking pieces of ham and turkey to him several times. Henry really loves "Grandpa"....
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Gracie, Mr. Tootles and Bella just scarfed down some wonderful Xmas black forest ham. . They eat better than I do this time of year ;winkgrin

-------------
    You may have already seen this, but I just came across it today. It put such a big smile on my face! It's Kate and Gin, the amazing dog, on Britains Got Talent. I can't post the site, but you know where to look. There are 3 videos. the tryingout, the semi-s and the finals.
    Last edited by misskitty; 12-27-2008 at 03:18 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Does anyone have a Maine Coon or Ragdoll kitty? I'm interested in their experiences with those breeds.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread