+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Oh Archie, how adorable. I thought the cat was another lamb. A black sheep, so to speak.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

This is so wrong.
    Pierced kittens removed from home | Wilkes-Barre News | The Times Leader
    There is a picture and video with the story.
    Pierced kittens removed from home
    They were pierced in tail, neck and ear and were to be sold, officials say.

By Edward Lewis elewis@timesleader.com
    Staff Writer

ROSS TWP. – Three kittens with ear, neck and tail piercings were removed from a home by humane officers on Wednesday.

One of the officers from the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of Luzerne County said the pierced kittens were being sold as “gothic kittens” on an Internet auction site.

“This is a first,” said Officer Carol Morrison. “It’s unbelievable anybody would do this to kittens.”

Morrison said the investigation began about a week ago when a man from another state noticed “gothic kittens” being sold on eBay. The kittens were also being sold on a pet classified Web site with an attached picture of a pierced kitten.

“You’re not allowed to sell live animals on eBay,” Morrison said.

The man called the phone number that was listed with the kittens, and traveled to the home at 71 Dobson Road, where he saw the pierced kittens, Morrison said.

“He called us and explained what he saw,” Morrison said.

Morrison and two humane officers obtained a search warrant for the home from District Judge John Hasay in Shickshinny at about 3:30 p.m.

Assisted by the state police at Shickshinny, the humane officers traveled to the home located at the end of a long driveway in a remote area of Ross Township.

Humane officers and troopers were inside the home for more than an hour before removing three kittens and a cat just before 5:30 p.m.

“She (the homeowner) thought it was a great idea (to pierce kittens),” Morrison said.

Morrison said charges are likely to be filed against the homeowner.

A dog inside the home was also found with pierced ears, Morrison said.

Morrison said the homeowner has a pet grooming business in the basement of the residence. Several signs advertising “Pawside Parlor” were along Dobson Road and in front of the home.

The kittens also had submission rings placed in their tails, Morrison said, explaining that the rings would prevent blood flow, causing the tails to fall off.

The homeowner and a young girl were inside the home. After humane officers removed the kittens in cages, the window shades were closed and interior lights were turned off.

Morrison said the kittens will be checked by a veterinarian before deciding if the kittens will be placed for adoption.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3254214;
    This is so wrong.
    Pierced kittens removed from home | Wilkes-Barre News | The Times Leader
    There is a picture and video with the story.
    This kind of behavior is often seen in serial killers and the like. Anybody who would knowingly harm an animal is just a bad person.

Just wanted to post a picture of Little Thing looking out the window. She came out of the bedroom to yell at me when I got home from work, checked out the neighbors and is back under my bed, snoozing.
    Little Thing
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

I love it....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

This was kind of fun!

Pet Greeting Cards: Send funny holiday e-cards with Critter Carols, featuring singing dogs and cats from PetCentric

Henry hopes that you and all of your furry friends have a warm blanket and don't have to take a bath soon!

Happy Holidays.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

ACF, I love the little black kneepads on the lamb! (also the inspector kitty is funny!)Why do I suspect you will end up spoiling her rotten?
    Unk, that story is just sad--those people sound like absolute morons.
    SR5R, your kitty looks like a little clown, for sure.
    Doxie, I'll have to recheck that card site--fir some reason it won't work for me right now.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3254345;
    Just wanted to post a picture of Little Thing looking out the window. She came out of the bedroom to yell at me when I got home from work, checked out the neighbors and is back under my bed, snoozing.
    Little Thing
    I think I see a happy kitty! How wonderful!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3254005;
    We have a new baby lamb born yesterday . It has a black face and black "boots." I'll try to get a picture later to post. We have several sheep to practice herding with our Border Collie. We think a couple of the others will be having babies soon too.
    ARC: Oh, so CUTE! What a pretty B/W lamb! I see the kitty too! It's so nice they are getting along!

SR5: Lil Things is just so cute!

Unk: OMGosh! I so glad the cat and kittens were rescued!! How horrific! What are people thinking!

doxie: thanks for the linky!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

siberian%20tiger.jpg

I am sooooo sad .

Our beloved Siberian Tiger, Boris, recently died from pneumonia! He's the 2nd Siberian Tiger to die at our zoo. I saw him in the summer and took some photos....he was the most gorgeous, distinguished, and beautiful animal I've ever seen. He was only 9. They did everything they could and couldn't save him. I am angry because he should have been able to live a long and healthy life! Sometimes I just hate zoos! The zoo is planning to get another Siberian, but I don't know if that is a good idea. They are endangered, but if they do not survive a long time in our zoo, maybe they should reconsider.

Myheart just aches about this.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread