+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Aw great story. Dogs are man's best friend.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I hope those puppies are rewarded by being pampered for the rest of their lives.

What an amazing story! Thanks for sharing it ...
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

I'm glad they all made it home safely. What a story!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You've got to see what one dog did for another after the second dog got hit by a car. Amazing. Just be aware that you will see one dog get struck by a car. It's not graphic, but it's still bothersome.

Dog Tries to Save Other Dog Hit by Car
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

A few months ago on my way to work I saw an animal in the ditch which looked like a dog. I turned around (illegally whoops!) and drove past it again. It was a dog, a huge bulldog and for a minute it looked to be a stuffed one. As I got closer to it I realized the dog had passed on and his legs were sticking straight up in the air. I cried like a baby because he must have been there for some time. I won't get graphic here but it was not pretty. I called my husband and asked him to call animal control to come and pick it up. I hate when animals are hurt or when they are just left to die somewhere. It's really sad.
    Yup, with donuts!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3247937;
    You've got to see what one dog did for another after the second dog got hit by a car. Amazing. Just be aware that you will see one dog get struck by a car. It's not graphic, but it's still bothersome.

Dog Tries to Save Other Dog Hit by Car
    I was just coming here to post that prhoshay...I cried like a baby watching that....

Quote Originally Posted by buglover
    I hate when animals are hurt or when they are just left to die somewhere. It's really sad.
    Several months ago I had just dropped my son off at school and was on my way to work. The car in the lane next to me hit a cat that had run out into the busy road. The car never put on its brakes or slowed down to see. I made a U-turn in the road and went back because I could see the cat was in the turning lane and there weren't any other cars coming.

When I got to the cat, she was still alive but breathing really heavy. I didn't see any blood on her tho. I ran back to my car and grabbed a towel that I keep in my car. I managed to pick her up gently and hold her close to me. She never fought me.

I happened to look over as I was walking back to my car and saw a little kitten that had been hit. In my gut, I knew that little momma must've been going for her kitten. I'm sure I looked like an insane person standing there in the middle of a busy road holding an injured cat and crying like a baby.

I put her in the floor board of my front seat and took her up the road to the vet that I have used. I brought her in but the vet said there wasn't anything they could do for her because of her internal injuries. He agreed to put her to sleep and never charged me a dime for it. He said that she had given birth recently so in my heart I know she was going for her baby when she got hit.

I was a basket case for the rest of the day. I understand that sometimes it is unavoidable to hit an animal when it runs out in front of you and you can't swerve because you might hit another car but I could not understand how that car in front of me never slowed down or even looked to see in its rearview mirror. They had to know they hit it because I saw the cat dart out and I was in the other lane.

My mom gave me hell when I told her the story because I could have been hit by another car out there on the road but I just wouldn't have been able to live with myself when I looked in my rearview mirror and saw the cat still moving and knowing that was a busy street and it just waiting for someone to finish it off.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Bless you, bbnbama. Even though it wasn't possible to save the cat's life, you enabled her to die with a lot more dignity than she would have in the middle of a busy road.

As for the driver not stopping, he/she was probably on their cell phone and never even knew they hit anything.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What is wrong with you if you can't hear that knocking, rattling noise under your chassis when you strike something?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Unk, that story brought tears to my eyes.

Yours too, Bama. Thank you for caring about that poor cat.

+ Reply to Thread