+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1387Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdreams
    I'm going to be known as the crazy cat lady... as I'm completed addicted to my cats. I was given a kitten years back for christmas thus when my addiction started. She's my heart. Then I found 3 other cats and took them in.

I recently found out my female cat has.. tumor of the thyroid. Either I can give her medicine twice a day for the rest of her life or can have this one time radioactive iodine treatment. I'm having a hard time deciding which I should do. The hardest part of the I-131 is my cat would have to stay in the treatment center for 4 days. I've researched the I-131 treatment and have talked with the vet.. but ultimately its my decision. The vet won't tell me what I should do.

Today.. I found out my male cat is also having problems. The start of kidney failure. The vet said I caught it really early.. and has put my cat on prescription food.

The problem is: both my cats are fairly old. 13 & 11.

My heart feels broken.

i'm so sorry. i know i have a 13 year old little guy and i worry about him all of the time. he's on special food for sensitive systems - we were having problems with him puking all of the time and there was blood in his stool. apparently, because of his age, all of the corn and fillers in the regular cat food was wrecking havoc on his system. it's expensive (especially with 3 other cats that eat out of the same bowl!), but he's worth it.

i really hope your babies are ok. i'll keep you (and them) in my thoughts.

take care,
    kym
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by broken_pryncess
    i'm so sorry. i know i have a 13 year old little guy and i worry about him all of the time. he's on special food for sensitive systems - we were having problems with him puking all of the time and there was blood in his stool. apparently, because of his age, all of the corn and fillers in the regular cat food was wrecking havoc on his system. it's expensive (especially with 3 other cats that eat out of the same bowl!), but he's worth it.

i really hope your babies are ok. i'll keep you (and them) in my thoughts.

take care,
    kym

As I sit here at the computer... my kitties keep me company. My male cat is usually curled up in a little ball, under the desk while my female cat sits right besides me. Every now and again.. she feels like typing as out of nowhere her paws start smacking the keyboard.
    Another cat I found but gave to my parents had the same situation as you've mentioned above. The vet said dry food took a big part in his condition. He is also on special foods. The costs of these foods are quite expensive but in the end... if its going to help, its worth it!

The hard part for me... two cats, two different problems... one has to lose weight while the other has to gain weight.

Where theres a will... theres a way???? *BIG sigh*

Thanks for your thoughts and taking time to talk of your story. Means much.
    Wishing you a long, happy, HEALTHY life with your cats.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by broken_pryncess
    don't think i've posted any of our newest baby yet. he's a purebred egyptian mau. but, he's a runt. he just turned 6 months old and only weighs a pound and a half! so, the breeder was going to put him to sleep because he couldn't sell him. couldn't let that happen...so we now have 4 (yes 4!) cats.
    his name's milo.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Awwww... so cute! Makes me want to get a kitten. What is wrong with that breeder? Just look at him!!!

Here's my guys. I just adopted the cat back in November. They get along great! Every once in a while, my dog needs to be convinced he's still loved. He's been the only one for so long, gets a little jealous.

As I sit here at the computer... my kitties keep me company. My male cat is usually curled up in a little ball, under the desk while my female cat sits right besides me. Every now and again.. she feels like typing as out of nowhere her paws start smacking the keyboard.
    Another cat I found but gave to my parents had the same situation as you've mentioned above. The vet said dry food took a big part in his condition. He is also on special foods. The costs of these foods are quite expensive but in the end... if its going to help, its worth it!

The hard part for me... two cats, two different problems... one has to lose weight while the other has to gain weight.

Where theres a will... theres a way???? *BIG sigh*

Thanks for your thoughts and taking time to talk of your story. Means much.
    Wishing you a long, happy, HEALTHY life with your cats.
    you're very welcome. i'm always up for talking about my babies. and, they are like children to me. the food is expensive, especially when i've got 4 of them eating out of it (!), but it's definitely worth it if it's better for them and keeps sebastian (whose 13) around for a very long time.

i wish you lots of luck with your little guys.

take care,
    kym
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Awwww... so cute! Makes me want to get a kitten. What is wrong with that breeder? Just look at him!!!
    I want to put the breeder to sleep. Aargh.

Fantastic pictures, everyone! Aww, Kym, Milo is so cute.

I agree with Mariner's sentiments. I mean, what the heck!?!? Someone would gladly take a kitten. Aaaargh.

i know - milo is actually the 2nd cat that we rescued from the same breeder. we got easter a several months ago from him for free. apparently, a purebred egyptian mau and maine coon got together and had a litter of kittens. since they were mixed, he couldn't sell them, so he was going to put them to sleep. it absolutely disgusts me that just because he can't get any money out of them that he thinks it's ok to kill them. meh.

kym

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I want to put the breeder to sleep. Aargh.
    When I was a little girl our neighbor's dog had a litter of mixed breed puppies. He put them in a burlap sack, drove out the the bridge and dropped them in the river. I never forgot that, and I'll never understand how anyone can be that cruel.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl
    Here's my guys. I just adopted the cat back in November. They get along great! Every once in a while, my dog needs to be convinced he's still loved. He's been the only one for so long, gets a little jealous.

ok, I had a bad night at work. plus all the pain from the back/disc/nerve problem has got me down....but... this picture just perked me up....thanks alot
    Last edited by joeguy; 04-07-2005 at 06:17 AM.

+ Reply to Thread