+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3246874;
    Why does Mr. doxie look like he's got "Mr. Aunt Pittypat" in a chokehold?? Is that equivalent to us talking to our children in a low tone, through our teeth?
    Henry had squirmed/wiggled/writhed so much that Santa had dropped him several times before Mr. Doxie decided to be in the picture. I have NO idea why Henry was freaking out like that (unless it was the cat that hissed at him ). He's usually ok with photo opportunities. Mr. Doxie DID have him in a chokehold by the time the picture was finally taken.

Henry has now gone back to his usual self. Spent all day under the electric blanket. Both dogs are excited because we got their stockings out today and they know what that means!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3244783;
    Josey is home and seems none the worse for wear. She is not pleased that I've been trying to fit her for a Gentle Leader collar. It has to be a fairly tight fit on her neck, and she really dislikes that there is a loop that goes over her muzzle. It should be interesting the first time that we try to go for a walk with her wearing it. She'll have to learn to live with it--she has no leash manners, and she can't do any running around for at least a month while the heartworms break down and are removed from her system. I expect a lot of fussing and crying and whining; Josey will probably be unhappy, too.
    Can you post a photo of Josey with her leader on when you get it on so we can ooo and ahhh?!

- Anyone notice that there's rarely Xmas pet photos with Santa and cats? Now, does that make Santa smart or the cats the smart ones?

- I'm going to find my tartan Christmas bow collars and see if I can get a photo of one of my kitties wearing it for the holidays. If not, I'll try my red and white softy collars, or my belled ones....gosh they have more holiday outfits than me!

-Is it wrong that MissKitty wore an actual Xmas dog choker at her facepainting events this weekend? Is it more wrong that no-one noticed?

- Someone still hasn't take the huge opportunity to cash in on the Christmas sweater craze for cats!!! Would someone look into that for me please? Thank you.
    Last edited by misskitty; 12-08-2008 at 04:09 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3247438;
    Anyone notice that there's rarely Xmas pet photos with Santa and cats? Now, does that make Santa smart or the cats the smart ones?
    What cat would LOWER their standards to be seen with a human pretending to be something it is not? PFFT
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3247446;
    What cat would LOWER their standards to be seen with a human pretending to be something it is not? PFFT
    What do you mean pretending? Yes, GABRIEL, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Tigger had his picture taken at Petsmart with him to prove it. As my daughter said, he's in escape mode. She took him and had this done to surprise me one year.

That is rich. He looks like Escape mode ready!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

MRD

Santa has the choke hold down "purr"fectly.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3247518;
    Santa has the choke hold down "purr"fectly.
    And Tigger don't look too happy...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm with the kitties...which is just another reason why I think I may be a kitty, reincarnated....I didn't like Santa, either. My 1 childhood picture with him has that "Get me out of here!" look. (But I didn't cry.)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Unk: Love the picture of Tigger & Santa! My brother and I snuck our parents' Springer Spaniel puppy off to the mall and had his picture taken with Santa about 20 years ago. The parents STILL haul that picture out every year (won't be posting that as it has me with scary 80s hair!). It was really funny because the mall had HUGE "No Dogs Allowed" signs posted and my brother (who was in high school at the time) just stuck the puppy under his sweatshirt and we walked right in. Security stopped us on the way OUT, but we already had our picture!

Miss Kitty - I would love to see your kitties in their holiday finery! I looked online for Christmas sweaters for cats and found nothing specifically for cats, but there are a LOT of holiday sweaters out there for "small dogs and other pets"..... I am assuming that this means cats as I cannot imagine a ferret or a hamster wearing a sweater Good luck!

Henry is exhausted (newsflash!). He spent most of the day under the electric blanket but then came RACING into the living room this afternoon while I was writing out Christmas cards. I let him out and he spent about two hours barking/howling at the leaves that are blowing around in the back yard. I think that he thinks the leaves are birds.... and I am sure that our neighbors are tired of his yapping! He is back inside, wearing a sweater and asleep under my desk (Mr. Doxie put a PILLOW under there for him - spoiled little long monster) as I type this.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

This is too cool.
    Puppies save three-year-old boy lost in freezing Virginia woods
    Puppies save three-year-old boy lost in freezing Virginia woods

BY JANE H. FURSE
    DAILY NEWS WRITER

Monday, December 8th 2008, 1:57 PM

A toddler lost in the Virginia woods was back home safe Sunday thanks to two puppies who kept him warm through a harrowing night of freezing temperatures.

Jaylynn Thorpe, 3, wandered away from his baby-sitter at 4 p.m. Friday and was missing for 21 hours as hundreds of friends, family and law enforcement officials searched for him in the thick woods of Halifax County, fearing the worst.

"The only thing we wanted to do was just keep searching until we found him," Halifax County Sheriff Stanley Noblin told reporters.

Jaylynn's frantic family knew time was not on its side.

"We didn't forget the issue that 17 degrees was almost unbearable," said his father, James Thorpe.

"People all over the State of Virginia was down there looking for that child. For a while there, one time, I didn't know whether they would find him or not," said the child's grandmother and guardian, Katherine Elliot.

Officials said the lost little boy and the two family puppies wandered up to a mile in the dark, even across a highway, but it wasn't until Saturday afternoon that members of the search team found him sitting by a tree, the two puppies nestled against him.

The little boy didn't say anything, according to rescue team member Jerry Gentry, but instead "just opened his arms up like, 'I'm ready to go.'"

"When I first saw him, he was like, 'Momma, I got cold. I slept in the woods last night. The puppies kept me warm.' He told me that ... the dogs slept up against him. And I'm sure the body heat kept him warm," said his mother, Sarah Ingram.

Billie Jo Roach, another member of the search party that found the boy, said the puppies refused to leave his side.

As the child was placed in an ambulance to be taken to a local hospital for examination, "The puppies were watching where he went.

"Where he went, they went," Roach said.

As word went out that the child was alive and well, family members cheered and cried for joy.

"Praise the Lord! Welcome home, Jaylynn!" yelled his aunt, Amy Zimmerman.

Close to 300 people from North Carolina and Virginia joined in the search to find Jaylynn.

"I love you! God bless you," Ingram told the rescue teams.

"I think I just said, 'Thank you Lord' ... for us to have another chance!" said the child's father.

The boy spent Saturday night under observation at Halifax Regional Hospital and chowed down on a double cheeseburger, a hot dog, strawberry ice cream and French fries.

Meanwhile, the furry heroes, their tails wagging, were rewarded with food.

"I definitely call this a miracle," said Noblin.

+ Reply to Thread