+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Roxie has decided that she does NOT like winter. It's snowing and blowing and cold here and Roxie doesn't want to go outside at all. I have to chase her down and put her out the door, and then she stands on the step and whines at me until she finally realizes that she has to go potty before I'll let her back in. I think she's starting to figure out that the faster she gets her job done, the sooner she gets to come back in. The last time out didn't take nearly as long. Poor puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3246636;
    until she finally realizes that she has to go potty before I'll let her back in. I think she's starting to figure out that the faster she gets her job done, the sooner she gets to come back in. The last time out didn't take nearly as long. Poor puppy.
    I bet she'll be able to do her business in under 2 minutes flat soon.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Miss Roxie needs a sweater or a coat!

Henry had a looooong day today. He got hauled out from under his beloved electric blanket and forced out into the cold weather. He was ok with that until we arrived at PetCo and he realized that he was in for a nail clipping. That's when he collapsed in a dramatic heap in the parking lot and had to be carried into the store. Nails were clipped (with little fuss for once!) and then we found out that "Santa" was there and available for pictures with pets......

1. Henry growled at a HUGE black cat in a cage. Cat arched up and hissed at him and Henry peed all over his Christmas sweater.

2. Henry did NOT like Santa and he did his "long wriggly thing" where NO ONE can hold both ends of him at the same time. Santa dropped Henry about four times.

3. Santa "invited" us to sit with him and INSISTED that one of us hold Henry. I refused to be in the picture due to the fact that I was wearing sweatpants (for maybe the THIRD time in my life in public). So, our holiday picture is of Mr. Doxie, Henry and Santa! I think it is adorable.

4. Stocking pictures.... Great idea. Not Henry's idea of a good time. Stocking destroyed.

5. Henry has had his fill of excitement. He's back under his electric blanket and snoring so loud, I can hear it from my computer room.

6. Merry Christmas to y'all and to y'all a good night!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I love the Christmas pic....3 handsome fellas!

Henry peed all over his Christmas sweater.
    I'm sorry but that's
    CYA

At least Henry didn't pee all over YOUR Christmas sweater! And I think you are needlessly maligning the poor dog - he looks perfectly sweet and innocent in that picture.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Take a real close look at Santa's face in that picture... he looks like he's plotting his escape from Petco--or maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there, because I know the story. I want a Christmas picture of BooBoo, but she has to be held in certain ways or else she cries, squirms, and is no fun. (Doxie, does Henry have any cat relatives? I think so. )If i knew a good photographer, I'd dress up as Santa myself to have her picture made Then again, maybe it's not so funny. I'm certainly fat enough, and since it's animals, they can't freak out because ... Santa is female! (The big beard would hide the visual 'evidence') Maybe I should start doing that as a part time job next year.
    Yes, I am really tired this am, and should go to bed NOW.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3246502;
    I'm not as grouchy or hyper as Simon. I AM considering adopting Henry's talent for collapsing in a dramatic heap when he doesn't want to walk anymore. That should come in VERY handy during all of the shopping/errands that we have to do this weekend. Although, Mr. Doxie probably won't scoop me up and carry me back to the truck like he does for Henry.... I think I'd rather take the chance of getting run over rather than enter the hellish gates of Best Buy though!
    I did that yesterday. Well maybe not collapsing in a heap, but I went to one of those Godawful holiday fairs with a friend and my daughter. It was hot, crowded, noisy and big and finally I was done and told them I was going out to the lobby and sit on a bench. They could shop all they wanted but I was done. I told them not to break it off early on my account. I enjoyed a string quartet playing Christmas music and got to get off my feet while they finished shopping. But I was ready to collapse in a heap and be carried though.

Love Henry and Mr. Doxie with Santa. But I am also at Henry peeing on his sweater.

I do share a few of Rosie's characteristics: I don't like the cold. I adore my heated mattress pad and I am grouchy if woken up.
    I do not share Waldo's enthusiasm for bounding up and and down the stairs or for people's hindquarters. I also do not share Bogie's love of playing ball, but I do share with Bogie the being able to take a nap in bed.
    I may be goofy, but at least I can keep my tongue inside my mouth, unlike Waldo.
    Last edited by MRD; 12-07-2008 at 12:26 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Poor Henry might sleep until Christmas morning after all that excitement. It's a very cute picture with Santa though.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why does Mr. doxie look like he's got "Mr. Aunt Pittypat" in a chokehold?? Is that equivalent to us talking to our children in a low tone, through our teeth?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3246874;
    Why does Mr. doxie look like he's got "Mr. Aunt Pittypat" in a chokehold?? Is that equivalent to us talking to our children in a low tone, through our teeth?
    Because it looks like HENRY is ready to make a dash for a piece of floor to faint on.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread