+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

  1. #11361
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: For animal lovers

    I think our animals, like our kids, take their cues from US to a certain extent, in how they behave/react. Or maybe, in part, we pick them because of similarities we see, in them, to ourselves?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  2. #11362
    FORT Fogey brunette trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: For animal lovers

    I think you're right, prhoshay. Dalmatians are notorious for being high strung and spazzy. My dalmatian Suki is only slightly spazzy, thank goodness.

  3. #11363
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: For animal lovers

    My cat is exactly like me. She loves her alone time and when she wants attention, she will let everyone know!
    Yup, with donuts!!

  4. #11364
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3246145;
    I think our animals, like our kids, take their cues from US to a certain extent, in how they behave/react. Or maybe, in part, we pick them because of similarities we see, in them, to ourselves?
    I'm not nearly as goofy as Waldo.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  5. #11365
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: For animal lovers

    OK, and whom did you ask???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  6. #11366
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3246265;
    I'm not nearly as goofy as Waldo.
    *looks sideways* UH HUH
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  7. #11367
    Resident curmudgeon Newfherder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Enchanted by a beautiful Soprano
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: For animal lovers

    Don't ask my opinion, MRD--you probably won't like it
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

  8. #11368
    In My Nest doxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sweet dreams are made of cheese....
    Posts
    1,264

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3246265;
    I'm not nearly as goofy as Waldo.
    I'm not as grouchy or hyper as Simon. I AM considering adopting Henry's talent for collapsing in a dramatic heap when he doesn't want to walk anymore. That should come in VERY handy during all of the shopping/errands that we have to do this weekend. Although, Mr. Doxie probably won't scoop me up and carry me back to the truck like he does for Henry.... I think I'd rather take the chance of getting run over rather than enter the hellish gates of Best Buy though!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

  9. #11369
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3246502;
    I'm not as grouchy or hyper as Simon. I AM considering adopting Henry's talent for collapsing in a dramatic heap when he doesn't want to walk anymore. That should come in VERY handy during all of the shopping/errands that we have to do this weekend. Although, Mr. Doxie probably won't scoop me up and carry me back to the truck like he does for Henry.... I think I'd rather take the chance of getting run over rather than enter the hellish gates of Best Buy though!
    Well you never know......I'd at least try it and see how it goes.

    I'm pretty sure I share at least one quality with each of our pets.

    I don't like going out in the rain like Princess(our cocker spaniel)....I can be neurotic at times like Duncan(beagle).....Don't mess with my food(Ricky the coon hound).....Just show me where I can lay down(Kwanzi our newest)....Give me tuna and I'll love you forever (the kitties)
    CYA

  10. #11370
    In My Nest doxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sweet dreams are made of cheese....
    Posts
    1,264

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3246508;
    Well you never know......I'd at least try it and see how it goes.

    I'm pretty sure I share at least one quality with each of our pets.

    I don't like going out in the rain like Princess(our cocker spaniel)....I can be neurotic at times like Duncan(beagle).....Don't mess with my food(Ricky the coon hound).....Just show me where I can lay down(Kwanzi our newest)....Give me tuna and I'll love you forever (the kitties)
    Henry is ready to move in with you and your crew. He'll bring an umbrella (for you to hold over him and Princess) and his electric blanket (which he will share with his fellow hound - Ricky). He thinks he will get along with Duncan and promises to teach Duncan how to collapse in a dramatic heap. Henry will also bring (and share) tuna with the kitties. Let me just say that I feel VERY sorry for you if you end up with the aftermath of Henry eating tuna. EWWWW. Maybe it is better if he stays at home - LOL.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.