+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

who has a 17 year old fancy tail
    That's old! The fish that is having the problem is at least four years old. He is my oldest fish ever.
    Thanks Mav!

Cool!

http://staging.hosted.ap.org/dynamic...03-23-08-00-51

Bob Barker Donates $1M to Northwestern

CHICAGO (AP) -- Bob Barker has donated $1 million to Northwestern University's School of Law to endow a course on animal rights law.

The Bob Barker Endowment Fund for the Study of Animal Rights Law will allow students to earn credits on topics such as how humans interact with and use animals, species protection and international wildlife law, the school announced Tuesday.

Barker, the host of "The Price Is Right" and a longtime animal rights activist, has given similar funds in recent years to law schools at Duke, Stanford, Columbia and UCLA.

"We intend to train a growing number of law students in this area of the law in the hope that they will ultimately lead a national effort to make it illegal to brutalize and exploit these helpless creatures," Barker said.

Law school students should expect to deal with an animal law issue at some point in their careers, law school dean David Van Zandt said. Experimental animal cloning is an example of intellectual property context where animal law issues have emerged, he added.

FORT Fan
    I'm going to be known as the crazy cat lady... as I'm completed addicted to my cats. I was given a kitten years back for christmas thus when my addiction started. She's my heart. Then I found 3 other cats and took them in.

I recently found out my female cat has.. tumor of the thyroid. Either I can give her medicine twice a day for the rest of her life or can have this one time radioactive iodine treatment. I'm having a hard time deciding which I should do. The hardest part of the I-131 is my cat would have to stay in the treatment center for 4 days. I've researched the I-131 treatment and have talked with the vet.. but ultimately its my decision. The vet won't tell me what I should do.

Today.. I found out my male cat is also having problems. The start of kidney failure. The vet said I caught it really early.. and has put my cat on prescription food.

The problem is: both my cats are fairly old. 13 & 11.

My heart feels broken.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Sweetdreams- I'm so sorry to hear about your cats. It's so hard to figure out what's best, but my thoughts are with you.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllenMishke
    Sweetdreams- I'm so sorry to hear about your cats. It's so hard to figure out what's best, but my thoughts are with you.

Thanks. Your thoughts are very much appreciated!!!

It would be so much easier if the vet said exactly what I should do.... considering he is the expert.

don't think i've posted any of our newest baby yet. he's a purebred egyptian mau. but, he's a runt. he just turned 6 months old and only weighs a pound and a half! so, the breeder was going to put him to sleep because he couldn't sell him. couldn't let that happen...so we now have 4 (yes 4!) cats.
    his name's milo.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Aaawww is Milo ever sweet looking! A pound and a half? Tiny that isfor sure but so cute!

Here is a picture of our newest additions. They are 8 days old today
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by shyra
    Here is a picture of our newest additions. They are 8 days old today
    how adorable! i wish i could have them all! lol
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Quote Originally Posted by shyra
    Aaawww is Milo ever sweet looking! A pound and a half? Tiny that isfor sure but so cute!
    yeah, he is pretty precious. just have to be very careful not to step or sit on the little guy lol.

thanks!
    kym

+ Reply to Thread