+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Congratulations on your new addition, Bunny! I can't wait to see pictures. I hope you shop at Costco or Sam's Club, I think Kwanzi is going to eat a lot.

You must have done an excellent job raising your son since he volunteers at a horse rescue farm and knows that adopting abandoned animals is the right thing to do.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You've all heard of The Galloping Gourmet? Well, The Psychotic, Stalker Gurl Galloping 'Cat-met', once again, is charging all over the house, from pillar to post, looking like she's been on the super-fluff dry cycle, and acting like she has taken speed. I think the only way I can put up with this is to come in here and vent.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm getting a Newf this weekend, but only for about 5 days if she is healthy. Josey is entering our club's rescue program, and I am meeting her current owner on Friday to pick her up. She hasn't been on heartworm medication, so I will take her to the vet on Monday. If she is free of heartworm, she will continue up to Kansas City on Tuesday. If she is positive for heartworm, she will stay with Gustav and me until she's been fully treated, about 6 weeks.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Thank You Newfherder! Question - If she is positive for heartworm, and needs full treatment, do you need to protect Gustav somehow, or is this not a contagious (sp?) thing?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Newf! That's great! I know she'll enjoy spending Thanksgiving with you and Gustav. We're hoping for a clean bill of health for her on Monday.

I posted this awhile ago, but there is a generic heartworm preventative on the market now. It's called Tri-Heart-Plus and the pills for our little guys (VERY little compared to a Newf ) were less than half of what we had been paying.

Gabriel - from what I understand, dogs can't catch heartworms from each other. It's transferred by mosquitos - mosquito bites infected dog, sucks blood and then bites uninfected dog..... something like that!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Odd . . . I wrote an answer to Gabriel's question, but it didn't show up.

doxie, I have the same understanding. The dogs have to share needles, and since it has finally gotten cold here, they are in short supply.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

sr5rfan: Thanks for keeping us posted on Buster. I hope he continues to improve.

doxie: Love the photos!

Bunny: Congrats on your new addition of Kwanzi! Meowza...you take animal lover to a new level with your wonderful assortment of critters! Photos please

Newf: I hope that Josey checks out ok and you are able to take her in!

My kitties are still having a bit of fun outside! There's no snow! It's cold out, but they can go out for a sniff, a bit of frozen grass, and a run around. Then it's back inside for some great snoozing! I hope we get some snow by Christmas. I have sweaters to put on those kitties!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3240956;
    You've all heard of The Galloping Gourmet? Well, The Psychotic, Stalker Gurl Galloping 'Cat-met', once again, is charging all over the house, from pillar to post, looking like she's been on the super-fluff dry cycle, and acting like she has taken speed. I think the only way I can put up with this is to come in here and vent.
    I have one just like her so I can sympathize. She gets started around 4am most days. If she's up, we're ALL supposed to be up . Then in between naps or her outside time, she goes from 0 to 100 in two seconds and knocks down everything in her path. My body is not safe from her. If I'm still in bed, she pounces on whatever body part is moving or visible. When I'm at the computer, she's been prone to attacking my bare feet, which hurts a lot! She definitely keeps my senses sharp . And lucky for me, but not for my other cat, she does take out some of her energy on him from time to time.

She's over a year old now so I'm hoping she'll start to settle down a bit.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

MRD

Newf, Hoping your new addition is heartworm free.

Bunny congrats on your new addition. Your son sounds like a wonderful person to do what he does.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3241652;
    I have one just like her so I can sympathize. She gets started around 4am most days. If she's up, we're ALL supposed to be up . Then in between naps or her outside time, she goes from 0 to 100 in two seconds and knocks down everything in her path. My body is not safe from her. If I'm still in bed, she pounces on whatever body part is moving or visible. When I'm at the computer, she's been prone to attacking my bare feet, which hurts a lot! She definitely keeps my senses sharp . And lucky for me, but not for my other cat, she does take out some of her energy on him from time to time.

She's over a year old now so I'm hoping she'll start to settle down a bit.
    Oh - enjoy this while you can, they grow up so fast and before you know it, you'll be wondering what happened to the kitten who was running around just "yesterday".
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread