+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3239989;
    Bunny - I found a long stocking at The Dollar Store today! We decided to take some "test photos" and Henry went inside the stocking and fell asleep! Clearly, we need to test some other ideas before we take the "official" pictures, but I thought these were pretty funny.
    Ok the first picture has me He's actually sleeping in there!
    He's just too cute.
    CYA

MRD

Doxie those are too funny. I can't believe he crawled inside the whole thing and fell asleep.
    I guess hanging it up with him sticking out is out of the question.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Doxie! Those are great pictures! You should put them on a card for Christmas!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Christmas Card pictures are the plan! Although, I would like to actually SEE the dog I think I am going to try stuffing him in that stocking and propping him up on a chair or something...... I should have 30 seconds or so to snap a picture before he goes to sleep and falls over!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I got a visual based on your avatar pic!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Henry is adorable!

A quick update on Buster - my ex says he is doing better today; he's eating again and getting around, although he still isn't using the back leg. Buster seems happy, so we'll be putting the visit to the vet "on hold" for now. Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers! I'll post any updates in this thread (instead of the "troubles" thread) ...
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Thanks for the Buster update - you know it's hard, but the most selfless thing we can do is let them go if they are hurting.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I know - and if he appeared to be in pain, we would take him in right away. He seems to be happy, though, and doesn't whine or cry when he walks. Just limps on the back leg. My ex is keeping a close watch on the food/water intake and also monitoring the swelling in the front leg. Buster will stay on his meds as long as they are helping, and we'll take it a day at a time.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

You and Buster are in my thoughts SR5R....Take it one day at a time.

If anyone had told me last night night that I'd now be the owner of an additional dog today, I'd still be laughing. This now makes 4 dogs, 2 cats and 1 macaw. Ask my son how many times I said that to him today when he came home with "Kwanzi" a South African Mastiff. I googled the breed and he doesn't seem to fit the standard that I've seen...he looks more like a cross between a Mastiff and a Sharpei. I'm sitting here right now looking at him sleeping and drooling on my living room floor My son volunteers his time after school at a local horse rescue farm where apparently Kwanzi was dropped off in the middle of the night. I can see why his owners thought he belonged there.....never in my life have I seen a dog this size...... and now he's mine. Since my son is the family photographer, he'll be taking pics that I can post because I can't even describe this big dog that I have....sleeping here.....in my living room.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3240826;
    You and Buster are in my thoughts SR5R....Take it one day at a time.

If anyone had told me last night night that I'd now be the owner of an additional dog today, I'd still be laughing. This now makes 4 dogs, 2 cats and 1 macaw. Ask my son how many times I said that to him today when he came home with "Kwanzi" a South African Mastiff. I googled the breed and he doesn't seem to fit the standard that I've seen...he looks more like a cross between a Mastiff and a Sharpei. I'm sitting here right now looking at him sleeping and drooling on my living room floor My son volunteers his time after school at a local horse rescue farm where apparently Kwanzi was dropped off in the middle of the night. I can see why his owners thought he belonged there.....never in my life have I seen a dog this size...... and now he's mine. Since my son is the family photographer, he'll be taking pics that I can post because I can't even describe this big dog that I have....sleeping here.....in my living room.
    Congratulations on your new addition! I was curious and googled the breed too. Wow! Kwanzi would probably mistake Henry for a snack! Looking forward to seeing pictures of him. It's so kind of you and your son to take him in.

SR5R: I'm so glad that Buster seems to be better.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread