+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Rosie needs a personal electric lap blanket. She got a bath about a week ago and I have to get the heating pad out for her after baths.

Waldo now thinks the stairs are his personal toy. He leaps up and down them and makes enough noise to wake the dead. He is constantly leaping up and down. The dog finally has something to play with. We've given him toys and he chews them, but he doesn't really know how to play. We've tried. So the big lug now has his own personal obstacle course that he loves.

I think he's showing off because the other two are still very leary of them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3239141;
    Rosie needs a personal electric lap blanket. She got a bath about a week ago and I have to get the heating pad out for her after baths.

Waldo now thinks the stairs are his personal toy. He leaps up and down them and makes enough noise to wake the dead. He is constantly leaping up and down. The dog finally has something to play with. We've given him toys and he chews them, but he doesn't really know how to play. We've tried. So the big lug now has his own personal obstacle course that he loves.

I think he's showing off because the other two are still very leary of them.
    You GO Waldo!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'd love to see a video of Waldo dashing up and down the stairs! Although I can see how that would be annoying while you are trying to sleep; or carry laundry (or whatever) up/down the stairs. Way to go Waldo!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

AND just WHEN will we BUY rosie HER lap blanket?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just the thought of Henry doing his "Aunt Pittypat" routine cracks me up!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Rosie will have to wait until Christmas. The heating pad and my electric mattress pad will have to suffice until then. Although it's amazing how a 15 pound little dog can shove me to the edge of the bed so she can have maximum mattress heatage.

I'd love to get video of Waldo on the stairs, but i don't have a video camera.
    He is MASTER of the stairs. He also makes the floorboards creak like an adult is walking on them. I swear I keep thinking someone else is home when I hear him walking in the hallway.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3239235;
    Just the thought of Henry doing his "Aunt Pittypat" routine cracks me up!!
    It is quite funny! He escaped the nail clipping today because we ran out of time, but he WILL be going soon.

In other good news, I don't have to keep the slobberer next week. My parents decided to board him. They usually take him with them, but their grandchildren (one of whom is fairly slobbery too ) are going with them this year.

MRD: I will let you know what Mr. Doxie decides about Henry's personal electric blanket. He has found several that can be plugged into cars!
    I am NOT going along with this unless it has some kind of cover that can be easily cleaned. Warm Henry is not an especially soothing aroma.

And - Yay for Waldo! Get him a tennis ball and show him how to roll it down the stairs and then chase it and bring it back up. Our neighbor's dog used to do that for HOURS!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

This is from the troubles thread. I thought I would post it here for all to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3239743;
    This should probably go in the animal lovers' section; but most of those post are happy and I don't want to put a damper on the thread. My ex called today to let me know that he will probably have to have our dog, Buster, put down tomorrow. The dog has had problems with fatty tumors for quite a while and they have been getting much worse lately. About a month or two ago it was at the point that the dog couldn't put any weight on his hind leg because of the tumors pressing on the nerves; the vet wasn't hopeful about treatment due to the age of the dog (15+ years) and the number of tumors. Buster has been on prednisone which helped for a week or so, but he is now at the point that one of his front legs is affected, also. The poor dog isn't eating much and can't get around on his own. I'm on my way to spend a little time with him before the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3239762;
    SR5Rfan - There will be plenty of greeters waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for Buster. You have my deepest sympathy, thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Thanks, Gabriel - I hope at least one of the Greeters will remember to bring a tennis ball...
    I just got back from a visit with Buster. He seems to be doing ok, although he wasn't able to get around very well. He enjoyed the snack of cottage cheese I brought him (too bad I didn't have any spaghetti). And thanks to all for the kind thoughts in the "troubles" thread.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

SR5RFan: Our thoughts are with you and Buster. I just LOVE his picture in your avatar. Such a sweet looking boy. Our JRT is 15 too and is having some health problems. It's so difficult to watch. I'm hoping for the best for Buster and I am SURE he loved that cottage cheese! That's a favorite treat around here too Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3235720;
    Would he fit in a very LONG stocking?
    Bunny - I found a long stocking at The Dollar Store today! We decided to take some "test photos" and Henry went inside the stocking and fell asleep! Clearly, we need to test some other ideas before we take the "official" pictures, but I thought these were pretty funny.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread