+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I foresee them getting a Bichon Frise and a shelter dog. They NEED a c-a-t!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3231315;
    He said at his press conference on Friday that they want a shelter dog, but one of his daughters is allergic so they need a hypoallergenic dog.
    Good luck with that -- there is no such thing as a hypoallergenic dog (according to my allergists and to my own experiences). There are dogs that shed less than others and/or give off less dander -- but the dander is always there with ANY breed to some extent.
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3231404;
    They NEED a c-a-t!
    . . . and a buttload of Benadryl . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3231274;
    Well who is the cutie in your avatar????
    I wish I could say he's mine but I was looking for pictures of puppies playing in the autumn leaves and there he was.
    CYA

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3231614;
    I wish I could say he's mine but I was looking for pictures of puppies playing in the autumn leaves and there he was.
    I had also wondered if he was yours...he is absolutely adorable ...if they would only stay that cute and small tho!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Wanted to share some darling photos. And remind everyone that ONE person can make a difference, please help stray animals in your area, and ALWAYS spay and neuter!!!

Here is a pic of the stray kitties we finally caught and got tended to. There were 14!
    At the medical complex where I get my acupuncture, there has been a stray cat problem. I've trapped and fed for the last five years. So over the past three weeks I got some help and we've trapped, spayed, neutered, shots, flea control, and foster homes. I thank God for the help that these wonderful babies have been given and for the help I've been given. A couple have already been adopted. And two are going to still live at the complex. [Don't have pictures of those.] I'm not happy about that but they turned them loose before I had a say and one of the Dr. there say they will feed. Till this last winter I was the only one feeding for the last five years. Hope they will stay true to their word. But I'm there twice a week so I can keep an eye on them.

Here is the female that kept having litters, that I could never catch. Her name is Fissy - a mix of "hiss" & "fit" like hissy-fit. Because she was so high strung, and hissed - alot.
    Fissy: This was the last one that I could never trap after the first TEN I got out of there. She was a baby making machine! So many babies. I've seen her really pregnant with the last litter still young enough to be carried in her mouth. I'm so thrilled that we got them a better home and FIXED! See the scare on her nose? She almost died last summer because of that wound. So hard not to take her! I just have to stay focused on what I have to do - what I already have responsibility for. One person can only do so much - you know?

Two Males:
    In the back - Looks like fissy - Male - I know him. Every growly and aggressive. In the carrier he was hissing and thrashing a bit. They front one I've have never seen before. Male also. Colleen says they like to be together. There was also a kitty in there that I could only see an ear lol She said they both loved that kitten.

Second to last litter:
    She was always very scared - never got very close to me. Such a pretty one!

Brothers:
    The black one was fairly friendly. Seldom saw the front one.

Last litter:
    Brothers: Handsome men!

Cream:
    I didn't get a good pic of this little beauty. But she is sssooo darling!
    Everyone is just so taken with her. She is real shy but sweet.

Last one:
    He was sorta crazy in the carrier. This is the best shot I got even though I took a few. Love his whiskers!
    He was always very eager for food and coming right up to the bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3231196;
    Give Henry a long hug for me........I missed the Henry stories while I was away.
    Consider him hugged and thank you. Henry's picture was in the newspaper two weeks ago (I posted about this on page 1111). He spent a week or so basking in the limelight and then he decided that he didn't want to be a publicity hound. So, he's back to sleeping under the electric blanket and burrowing into warm piles of laundry.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3231643;
    Consider him hugged and thank you. Henry's picture was in the newspaper two weeks ago (I posted about this on page 1111). He spent a week or so basking in the limelight and then he decided that he didn't want to be a publicity hound. So, he's back to sleeping under the electric blanket and burrowing into warm piles of laundry.
    Of course I immediately ran to page 1111.....Henry is a rock star! Just please tell me that he wasn't dressed as a pimp or else I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Mimzy you're an angel. They are all so cute but I especially love the brothers.
    CYA

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Bless you mimzy for all that you did.

Before I had my son, my (now ex)husband and I rescued quite a few cats and had them spayed/neutered and then adopted most of them out. At one time we had about 12 cats/kittens we were caring for. Good thing I was heavily into couponing/rebates at that time! I always joked with my vet that the addition he added to his office should have been named after us because we definitely helped fund it!

Once we had our son, we had to curtail our rescues but we kept 1 inside cat and 4 outside/inside cats for awhile.

I know how hard it is both emotionally and financially to do what you are doing but its hard to stand back and NOT do anything. I applaude you on your efforts and know that they are on to better lives because of you!

Thanks for sharing the gorgeous pictures of all of them!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3231646;
    Of course I immediately ran to page 1111.....Henry is a rock star! Just please tell me that he wasn't dressed as a pimp or else I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Mimzy you're an angel. They are all so cute but I especially love the brothers.
    Bunny - I hate to break it to you (and I hope that you don't lose sleep over it) but Henry WAS a pimp! This costume was my husband's idea, and it was pretty funny. Next year Henry is going to be a cocktail weenie!

Mimzy - those sweet cats are adorable. Bless you for taking such good care of them.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Mimzy, god bless you for what you are doing. It takes people like you to make such a difference. Cute kitties.

I can't wait to see Henry as a cocktail weanie.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread