+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Poor Bogie. Maybe you can cheer him up by telling him that "Aunt Doxie" has found him a girlfriend! And she is almost as much of a Queen as his mama! We ran by the vet's office to pick up heartworm medicine yesterday and a new girl who works there had her female JRT with her. I swear, this dog was wearing a coat and it was curled up in a basket and it looked JUST like Rosie. She was also the calmest JRT that I have ever seen (although later I realized that this could be because of her owner's easy access to doggie downers ).

We started talking to the girl and she said that she was trying to find a "boyfriend" for the dog because she wants to have a litter of puppies. I immediately thought of Bogie and thought how funny that would be.

And, we were VERY happy to discover that there is now a generic heartworm preventative on the market. It was $16.00 for six pills instead of the $48.00 that we have been paying! The brand is "Tri-Heart Plus". The ones we got don't do flea/tick control, but they may have that available too.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Thanks for the tip. Heartworm meds for 3 dogs can be expensive.

Sadly, Bogie cannot father puppies. He has been "tutored".

We hear that ours are very calm for Jack Russells from a lot of people especially the vet.

I think I will not tell Rosie that another Queen exists, she may get jealous.

As Waldo was probably the cause of Bogie falling on the stairs, I'm sure he was laughing.

And here I was worried about them being able to do the stairs or being afraid of them and the problem is that they take after me and are klutzy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Henry is getting very interested in what kind of dog the Obamas are going to get. He thinks they should decide on a Dachshund and turn the Oval Office into the obLONG office!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3231195;
    Henry is getting very interested in what kind of dog the Obamas are going to get. He thinks they should decide on a Dachshund and turn the Oval Office into the obLONG office!
    Give Henry a long hug for me........I missed the Henry stories while I was away.
    CYA

MRD

I was glad to hear that they are looking at the possibility of a shelter dog. Or dogs, I've heard that Michelle said that there may be TWO dogs. How exciting for those girls.

I know someone who just got a shelter dog. He is SO cute and so well behaved. He looks like he has some Jack Russell in him and something with longer, silkier hair. But he's built like a taller JRT. He's adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3231196;
    Give Henry a long hug for me........I missed the Henry stories while I was away.
    Well who is the cutie in your avatar????
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3231195;
    He said at his press conference on Friday that they want a shelter dog, but one of his daughters is allergic so they need a hypoallergenic dog. I think it will be fun to see kids playing with dogs at the White House. In my lifetime the only young child I remember was Chelsea Clinton, and I was in a part of my life where I could have cared less.

MRD

I remember Amy Carter in the White House. She was fairly obnoxious too. I doubt that will happen this time around. But it seems as if dogs have been a part of White House life for a long time.

I can remember the Kennedy kids.

+ Reply to Thread