+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3226435;
    Halloween is not Waldo's holiday. He does not like the trick or treaters walking the neighborhood or coming to the door.
    Rosie and Bogie hate 4th of July and New Year's Eve because of fireworks.

I think it's safe to say that all of them love Christmas as they get stockings full of treats from Santa.
    I think Henry would agree with Waldo. Our neighbors put up this huge black cat decoration in their yard today and Henry waddled over to the window to get in his morning survey of the neighborhood. He saw that thing and every hair on him stood up! Then, he hid under the bed and growled for most of the day. When the trick or treaters started stopping by, he went nuts with the barking and howling every time the doorbell rang.

I'm feeling kind of like a Halloween Grinch because I have quit answering the door. I've had a cold and not felt well and I am tired of dealing with barking dogs. I put the candy on the front steps and made a "Happy Halloween" sign and I am filling up the candy bowl as needed (or until I run out of candy!).
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3225861;
    I have a question, I don't know if anyone here owns a ferret, but if you do, could you tell me their average life span? I have wanted a ferret for many years, and just today I found one that is young, & I just fell in love with him/her! But I didn't buy him/her... though I really want to.
    Apparently no one here is owned by a ferret, but I did some checking and the average lifespan is 8-10 years. If you do a google search there is a bunch of sites you can check for ferret care etc, please keep us posted.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

TV Junkie, I did have a friend who owned a ferret , and it was very amusing to play with. However, you do have to bear in mind that ferrets are also called 'polecats' on Europe--and there is a reason that term is often applied to skunks in America. Ferrets do have a funky odor, and it does not wash off. I'm not a really picky person, but my friend's house did have an odor in it, that I would not want in mine. Just be sure you get familiar with the way an adult ferret smells before you make the decision--tha baby ones don't smell very much.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

You can have them de-scented, but yeah, they really do smell bad. Also, they are nocturnal.

How you know your cat is too fat

- Cat door retro-fitted with garage door opener.
    - Confused guests constantly mistaking him for a beanbag chair.
    - Always lands on her spleen.
    - Fifteen month gestation period, and still no kittens.
    - No longer cleans self unless coated in Cheese Whiz.
    - Catfood dish replaced with a trough.
    - Luxurious, shiny black fur replaced with mint green polyester pantsuit.
    - It's no longer safe to lift him without a spotter.
    - Waits for the third bowl of food to get finicky.
    - She only catches mice that get trapped in her gravitational pull.
    - Has more chins than lives.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3225861;
    I have a question, I don't know if anyone here owns a ferret, but if you do, could you tell me their average life span? I have wanted a ferret for many years, and just today I found one that is young, & I just fell in love with him/her! But I didn't buy him/her... though I really want to.
    I had a one for a loooong time when I was in my late teens and early twenties. They do stink, like others have said, but as long as you change their bedding often and bathe them, it's not so bad. I would alternate giving my Simon a bath and then using a powder on him. It's been a while but I know they used to sell a powder for ferrets (kind of like that human hair product that you can use in between showers). I adored that little guy. When I couldn't keep him anymore because of apartment restrictions, my mother took him and loved him until he gave in to his old age. They are so much fun and so playful. They're not very cuddly so don't expect to snuggle up to one. They also have to have their nails trimmed often and you have to give them flea baths just like cats and dogs. When I had him, he always slept in his cage and only came out to play. My mom, however, let him have the run of the house and he actually would sleep on her bed (ew) even by her feet if she was taking a nap.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3227237;
    How you know your cat is too fat

- Cat door retro-fitted with garage door opener.
    - Confused guests constantly mistaking him for a beanbag chair.
    - Always lands on her spleen.
    - Fifteen month gestation period, and still no kittens.
    - No longer cleans self unless coated in Cheese Whiz.
    - Catfood dish replaced with a trough.
    - Luxurious, shiny black fur replaced with mint green polyester pantsuit.
    - It's no longer safe to lift him without a spotter.
    - Waits for the third bowl of food to get finicky.
    - She only catches mice that get trapped in her gravitational pull.
    - Has more chins than lives.
    Too funny!!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

So we've been in the new house 2 or 3 weeks now and all the dogs are having stair issues.

They wait at the top of the stairs to see if we're coming right back or not. Only when they have determined we are not coming right back then they come down. While I am downstairs, they wait at the bottom of the stairs to see if I'm going to stay downstairs or go back up.
    Then Waldo MUST race everyone up the stairs and be first (he's going to knock me down the stairs one day doing this).

While they wait at the top of the stairs, they lay down and stare down at us. It's pitiful.

Hubby and I have gotten to where we try to outlast the other to see who will FINALLY get up to go down to the kitchen to get something to drink.

When Waldo comes up or goes down the stairs, it sounds like Jumbo the elephant is in the house. He's LOUD.

Rosie loves the heating vents close to the floor and stays in her bed that we put in front of one of the vents.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'd say that Waldo is showing you bipeds, and the other quadrupeds just how good he's gotten at working the stairs! Show-Off!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

He is a show off as Rosie and I do the stairs very carefully. She puts her front paws down on the next step and then swings her back end around to get the back feet down. Bogie and Waldo just gallop up and down like it's no problem.
    I go down the stairs similarly to Rosie, but I don't swing my backend.

Having never ever lived in a house with stairs before, I seem to be obsessed with them. I'm sure I'll get over that soon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread