+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

MRD: I hope that Rosie doesn't fall again. She could hurt her toesies and that wouldn't make her a happy puppy!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD,

I'm guessing Rosie's dignity was hurt more than anything.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I have a question, I don't know if anyone here owns a ferret, but if you do, could you tell me their average life span? I have wanted a ferret for many years, and just today I found one that is young, & I just fell in love with him/her! But I didn't buy him/her... though I really want to.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3225737;
    Aw, poor Rosie. That must have been really scary for her. I guess she'll be sleeping with your daughter again for a while.
    yep, she moved back downstairs all day today according to my daughter who was home today. But then tonight when I got home from work, she came upstairs with me and is now playing doggy tag with Bogie so she must be ok. I checked her out pretty good this morning. She got right up and walked around just fine and so she appeared to be ok. Just scared I think or mostly like Mariner said her dignity was hurt.

Thanks all. It was scary for me too as I don't want her to get hurt. None of us have ever lived in a house with stairs before and I have to be honest when I say, it is a pain. But quite honestly, it may be helping my smoking and snacking as our tv room, office and bedroom are upstairs and I have to go downstairs to the kitchen or out on the porch to smoke and most of the time I think: "oh the stairs, nah, it's not worth it."
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I remember when one of my gurls basically "dribbled" the other one down our carpeted steps one day. Miss Sashay got poor Gail on a roll on the steps, and she couldn't stop; she was rolling from one side to another, not head over heels and Miss Sashay was right behind her. She wasn't hurt, and it was too funny!! I was shocked! I still can't figure out how that happened. I was able to stop her before she reached the bottom (about 17 steps!).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm so glad that Rosie is ok! We can't have the Queen tumbling around like that.

We have a baby gate that we keep across the bottom of our stairs when we aren't at home or not upstairs. We don't even have to attach it to the wall - the dogs just see it and think that they can't go upstairs. Simon has fallen on the stairs a few times and Mr. Doxie usually carries him up and down. Henry usually takes a nap about halfway up the stairs.

And speaking of Henry, he has been delighted for the last two nights because we have had some cold weather and have lit fires in the fireplace at night. He loves that! One of his beds is right in front of the fireplace and his long self has been spending quite a bit of time in there. He makes us laugh because he will snooze by the fire until one end of him gets too hot and then he will get up and groan and stretch and turn around to roast the other side!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3226175;
    I'm so glad that Rosie is ok! We can't have the Queen tumbling around like that.

We have a baby gate that we keep across the bottom of our stairs when we aren't at home or not upstairs. We don't even have to attach it to the wall - the dogs just see it and think that they can't go upstairs. Simon has fallen on the stairs a few times and Mr. Doxie usually carries him up and down. Henry usually takes a nap about halfway up the stairs.

And speaking of Henry, he has been delighted for the last two nights because we have had some cold weather and have lit fires in the fireplace at night. He loves that! One of his beds is right in front of the fireplace and his long self has been spending quite a bit of time in there. He makes us laugh because he will snooze by the fire until one end of him gets too hot and then he will get up and groan and stretch and turn around to roast the other side!
    just like you roast a hot dog.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3226175;

I hope one day to be reincarnated as one of Doxe's "LOOONNNGG" dogs, they have quite the good life.

My 60 lb Dalmatian Suki thinks she is a lap dog. Which is kind of nice now that the weather is cooler. I haven't had to use a blanket or wear a sweatshirt when I'm watching tv.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3226336;
    I hope one day to be reincarnated as one of Doxe's "LOOONNNGG" dogs, they have quite the good life.

My 60 lb Dalmatian Suki thinks she is a lap dog. Which is kind of nice now that the weather is cooler. I haven't had to use a blanket or wear a sweatshirt when I'm watching tv.
    Honestly I would not mind in the least being reincarnated as any of our kids.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

I had a friend that said she wanted to be reincarnated as a dog and I said I wouldn't mind being reincarnated as one of MY dogs as they are spoiled puppies.

Halloween is not Waldo's holiday. He does not like the trick or treaters walking the neighborhood or coming to the door.
    Rosie and Bogie hate 4th of July and New Year's Eve because of fireworks.

I think it's safe to say that all of them love Christmas as they get stockings full of treats from Santa.

+ Reply to Thread