+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Concerning who is the "boss" at my house, this is what I had hanging in my house. Sam, our Boston Terrier died almost a year ago, but while he was alive, he was definitely the supreme ruler. Roxie, our 8 month old Pug, is rapidly learning how to manipulate the "stupid humans" too.

RULES IN A
    BOSTON TERRIER’S HOUSE

I am the keeper of this house and protector of the humans residing within. Do not enter until invited by my human. Ignore me at your own peril. I do not need a stupid phone booth to change and become THE BOSTON WARRIOR. I get HUGE. I am instantly DANGEROUS.

I have supreme and final authority at all times in this house. I am the only “person” here who can be impertinent. All others must be mannerly. Except for grandchildren, they can be impertinent, too.

I am handsome, debonair and suave. I wear an easily recognized tuxedo and I am always ready to party. Tap dancing is my specialty. I am a classic example of big things do come in little packages. Make no mistake, I AM VERY BIG.

Any visitors planning to stay overnight in my house should bring earplugs. I snore. I may snore loudly. However, you need to be aware that my snoring is your problem, not mine. I do not care. Get over it.

To be sure you understand the rules here, this is MY house and everything in it is MINE. The toys, the balls, the sticks, the bones, the couches, the socks, the shoes, the beds, the treats, and the humans, all MINE.

I am VERY IMPORTANT. I am the state dog of Massachusetts. HAH! You better show me respect. And you will not be invited back in my house if you forget to bring me presents.

I am a Boston Terrier. The American Gentleman.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MRD

Lil' Bit, I love it, i want one for Rosie as she thinks she is huge!

Where did you find it?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Do you have carpeting at your new place, mrd? I read somewhere that sometimes dogs can be allergic to carpeting or stuff that is used to clean carpets. Usually they build up a resistance after a while and their symptoms disappear. Or he could be allergic to flea bites, and he will get better now that they've been taken care of.

MRD: Good luck with "Baldo" He does look sad, but I'm sure he will get used to his new look soon and be more comfortable. Our dogs always seem to itch more around this time of year when the heat is first turned on. I think it just dries their skin out (and the flea treatment probably dried Waldo's even more) and makes them itchy. We use Sergeant's "Soothing Oatmeal" pet shampoo on them about once a month. It supposedly moisturizes the skin and also smells good. We bought it at PetCo, but I've seen it at Wal-mart as well.
    I'm sure your vet will be able to come up with a solution for sweet Waldo!

That is hilarious about Rosie coming upstairs only because she was cold. Henry took to his bed again on Friday because it rained all day and then turned a lot cooler. All we saw of him today (except for when the pizza was delivered) was a long snoring lump under the electric blanket!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3223236;
    Lil' Bit, I love it, i want one for Rosie as she thinks she is huge!

Where did you find it?
    I got it years ago on EBAY. It fit my Sammy to a tee. He was a Boston but he always thought he was a Rottweiller. Which got him into trouble a couple of times too, but he always knew mom would be there to save him.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Baldo?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Baldo, I love it.

BT we have mostly hardwood floors, but where there is carpet, it's brand new.

Henry is famous! We submitted a picture of him to the newspaper for a special feature on pets dressing up for Halloween. They chose six pictures and Henry's was one of them! The picture below is the one that was in the article. It also included a nice little write up about Henry and "his humans". We are headed out to buy some extra copies of the newspaper so that we can send the article to our parents. I'm sure that they will love seeing their "granddog" on the front page. Henry isn't fazed by his fame. He's hiding under the bed because today is bath day......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

doxie: Hooray for Henry!

Now that he is a celebrity, what are his demands these days?

MRD: I'm glad that your doggies like your new house.

prohshay: I'm glad you found a brushy that your kitty likes! Bella is still being finiky. Today she was rolling around in the dry dirt again. She was rubbing her face in it and when she looked up, she looked like she had a halloween mask on! Only the fur around her eyes were still white!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Doxie, LOVE Henry's bling.

That's so cool about him in the newspaper. Will he give autographs when he wakes up?

+ Reply to Thread